La Femme Nikita

Mercy

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 1997 on USA

• Episode that changed so much, filled with excitement, action and superbly written

The episode what change so much for so many

The episode starts with a dance between Nikita and Michael and their conversation lets us believe much more than this is - just a mission. And this mission seems to be rather interesting and catching. Very clean businessman and his coworker, genius, who has discovered new explosive that is undetectable (as we see on the airport), is taken my Section and they has to show their discovery for the team. Walter (who is out of the field. I so much hoped we will have episode focused on him too as everyone else have had it)seems not to believe them but the boom changes his mine. Everyone seems to be happy and condemned, they sens those two guys with a car to somewhere but they never arrive, and the genius Stanley is taken by the enemy.

Rescue mission, what is more like kill Stanley and go. When Nikita learns it and it is hers to cancel him, she just cannot as all the times the chat before and just all the things he did and said - he could have done so much for world and after all - he is innocent soul and Nikita has a thing with that. So she cannot do it and goes. Oh, Michael is on trouble because of it but he take it. Once again, he protects her.

We have a reveling scene, when Nikita, on black (as she usually has wore any other colors and all other on section are black), to Madeline and tells her she cannot do it again. For me, so far, it seems that she was coping with the section thing despite the few hints given to us. She asks from Madeline if there is a way out, freedom in the end, and when the answer is no, she seems to be on the bottom of the barrel - for her end. From the end, the knock on her door saves her. It's Michael just to tell - he cannot protect her anymore and why she just couldn't do her job. They end up in a hug and at least she can say, there is one person, who tries to help her and support her.

But Section has other plans - they make another mission to go and blow the place where Stanley is hold. It is suicide mission and noone is expected back. The face expression, when they tell it to Michael - one of the best we have seen so far. And now, those last 10 minutes - the most moving part. The way he has a decision to make, a dilemma and he is totally alone on this. He gives Nikita a communication device and they go. Everything goes as planned but when Birkoff asks what is the exit strategy , he says there isn't. The way those two look at him and his look - he usually seems not to care much what he is asked to do but to sacrifice so many operatives and Nikita with them.

The most beautiful moment, I would say, for this and next episode, is when Michael sends her a message: "You are free now, go!" By knowing how much the freedom matters for her and they way all this episode is going – just super.

Fantastic ending for season 1.