La Femme Nikita

Treason

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 24, 1997 on USA

• Some questions are better left unasked.

7.2
    The serie starts with Nikita in Madeline's office asking why there are so many young people and not many old ones. And somehow this question and the dilemma about Section 1 activities and how the things are organized, goes trough the episode. I enjoyed very much to find out more and more about the Section and the questions - what and why started me to wonder more and more. We know that everyone (?) in the Section come from somewhere out.. they are criminals (or least they are thought to be) We know about Nikita and Roger.. but I started to think... Madeline? How she ended up there? And Michael? He said once that he is alive only thanks to Section but what he did? I really like to learn that.

But on the other, the philosophical dilemma and question might be interesting, but the case was rather average - too long camera was stopped on Nikita, while she tried to sneak closer, the action was somehow left aside... they wanted to show that she is humane and she cares - they did it.. but it is rather disturbing when they bring a new char in just to use it for this episode - if they plan to make us feel that Nikita and some other agents know each other, at least, introduce them episode before the main action (this was the second time - we see a new operative, they are all friends and buddies and then we just remove the operative for the end of the episode)