L.A. Law Forums

NBC (ended 1994)

Is this show ever coming to DVD?

Lokar

[1]May 7, 2006
    • level: 26
    I'm surprised it's not out yet. Hope it is, soon. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lokar

[2]Jul 10, 2006
    Jimony! I hate waiting this long! 

I hope when it does come out, and it really should because it was on for so long and was very popular, that we get a set worth the time. Lots of extras, behind the scenes bits, interviews, etc.

They could even put the first volume in a nice mock-up of a lawyer's briefcase. Now that would be cool to see on the shelves.

MikeOrangeman

[3]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    Agreed. it is rediculous that this fantastic show is not on DVD.  They are releasing every piece of crap these days (shows that don't even make it past episode 5!?)  Yet they will not release one of the best shows of the 80's and early 90's.  It has got to be due to some jackass who holds the rights...

Lokar

[4]Jan 21, 2008
    I hear you. I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't some copyright thing. I hope they get off their high horses and solve it so the fans can have the show.

TVGord

[5]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 9

I'm afraid the chances of this show coming out on DVD have nothing to do with rights, but with sales. It may seem unfair, but other shows that HAVE been released are being used to judge other supposedly similar shows. Hill Street Blues sales were watched closely before St. Elsewhere's first season was released. Neither of them have done well and future releases are now suspended. NYPD Blue is another example of a great show that didn't sell well, and it's unclear whether we'll ever see them all released.

The 2004 reunion movie was released on DVD, and one can only guess those sales weren't good, or else we would see the series on track for release. Like the rest of you, I hope someday it becomes possible to see this great series released.

Missybea

[6]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 47

Good news! Season 1 has been released on dvd in the UK. Series 2-5 are due out at 3 month intervals, with the second one being released in early May 2012. They are not edited and are rated 15. You can get them on Amazon UK. Failing that, I have seen a few copies of it knocking around on Ebay.

I have just finished the first series, and, it has to be said, it really was a brilliant show.

At last! Someone, somewhere has seen sense! And I don't get to type that very often.