L.A. Law Forums

NBC (ended 1994)

Reunion special?

Lokar

[1]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 26
    A few years ago, there apparently was some sort of tv movie with a lot of the former characters. I was wondering if anybody saw this, and what it was like. I've seen ads for a DVD--is it worth buying?

Thanks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alice2810

[2]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 4
    This special, made in 2002, was on TV in Britain yesterday (afternoon movie on Five) and I have to say it was rather disappointing - it was great to see so many of the old stars, though no Victor or Tommy, sadly. Also there was far too much Dave Myers - but Arnie was as funny and edgy as ever, and it's great to see Gracie and Michael in a courtroom together again. The problem for me was that the scriptwriting and plot, in particular (a few ludicrous twists that just didn't make sense!) were not up to standard compared with the original show. I'd say one to rent rather than buy.

Lokar

[3]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 26
    Thank you

pirategennie

[4]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 10

alice2810 wrote:
    This special, made in 2002, was on TV in Britain yesterday (afternoon movie on Five) and I have to say it was rather disappointing - it was great to see so many of the old stars, though no Victor or Tommy, sadly. Also there was far too much Dave Myers - but Arnie was as funny and edgy as ever, and it's great to see Gracie and Michael in a courtroom together again. The problem for me was that the scriptwriting and plot, in particular (a few ludicrous twists that just didn't make sense!) were not up to standard compared with the original show. I'd say one to rent rather than buy.

seems to me i saw it... seems to me you are correct in your assessment.  if they did another, i don't know if they'd have victor but they sure wouldn't have tommy.  :-((

g