L.A. Law

NBC (ended 1994)

UltimoGuerriero

L.A. Law Fan Reviews (6)

• Great show with great actors!

Who can forget Rosalind (Diana Muldaur) taking over the firm and then loosing her power, just to show up again to take Leland to bed (this scene was ranked as the 38th greatest moment in television in an issue of EGG Magazine).
    Sadly enough, this wonderful show jumped the shark in the end of the 5th season when the greatest character of them all (Rosalind Shays) fell down the elevator shaft. Muldaur said in an interwiev that Rosalind "was just to strong for a lot of men". A year later, another strong female character (C.J. Lamb) was dropped. Rumors said that people found her "to sexy".
    The last 3 years of the show wasn't great, but are still ok because of the 3 veterans: Richard Dysart, Alan Rachins and Corbin Bernsen.
  • two words. carear development.

I guess many people realized by now that I am a cop afficinato(sp?) and a lawnut. Well its my field of study since high school. These docu-dramas, cop shows, geared me mentally to be in the field Im in. These television shows (granted are fiction) gives how the legal field works and operates.
  • The storylines are effective, hard hitting at times, romantic, amusing and the casting has been superb .It is a refreshing change to watch a programme that leaves you wanting more and feeling for the characters involved.

I have been watching LA LAW in the UK and found it to be the best programme on TV so far there is something for everyone. The storylines are effective, hard hitting at times, romantic, amusing and the casting has been superb .It is a refreshing change to watch a programme that leaves you wanting more and feeling for the characters involved. A lot of thought seems to have gone into this series and full credit must be given to all involved it is nothing short of a classic that will run time and again.I would like to thank everyone involved for the enjoyment it has given me
  • A classic legal drama

L.A.Law was a standout drama from '86-'94. At the end, as many drama's have happen, it became somewhat stale and may cause many to forget the gripping storylines Bochco, Kelley etc. created. The acting was superlative from the mainstays Dysart, Rachins, Tucker, Eikenberry, Ruttan, Bernsen, Hamlin etc. As the show expanded Law brought forth additional characters played by Dey, Smits, Greene, Underwood, Donohoe, Spencer, Drake, Muldaur etc. These actors made their roles and characters as unforgettable as the originals made there's.

Probably the best thing that can be said about this show is that no one player was the focal point. No one character had to be the "lightning rod" for the show to be great. In an interview for the 100th show Richard Dysart, who played Leland McKenzie, the paternal "glue" of McKenzie, Brackman, Cheney, Kuzack, and Becker, told Jane Pauley that the actors weren't the genius of the show...the writers were. Awful high praise from an actor at a very candid moment.
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures.

I can't believe I actually enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live L.A. Law. You have one more (secret) supporter here! My rating for L.A. Law is 8.
  • A standout drama.

Catch it in syndication. You'll love it the second time around.