Land of the Giants

ABC (ended 1970)

Gislef

Land of the Giants Fan Reviews (8)

• This show was amazing and set years before it's time. The special effects may not be great, but the stories and acting are spectacular and make up for the rest.

I remember being hooked to this show as a youngster, watching the repeats with my parents every sunday. I hadn't seen it for years, but I had never forgotten 'Land Of The Giants.'
    I recently bought all 51 episodes on dvd and all the memories came rushing back.
    Courageous captain Steve in his red jumpsuit, old reliable co-pilot Dan, scientific genious Mark, flirtatious vixen Valerie, stewardess Betty, eleven year old Barry, canine companion Chipper, the evil Inspector Cobeck and of course who could forget the bumbling, cowardly, loveable, german, scoundrel Fitzhugh.
    The characters alone make good TV, but throw in some action packed scripts and you have yourself a masterpiece.
    The only flaw in this Irwin Allen epic, was the lack of continuation or development of characters. Perhaps a cliffhanger at the end of an episode would have been nice or to see cast favorites Valerie and Mark fall madly in love for one another.
    Overall though 'Land Of The Giants' should go down as a piece of history.