Land of the Lost Forums

NBC (ended 1976)

How did they get these writers?

Prup-aka-JBentn

[1]May 26, 2009
    • level: 10

I just got through recording the marathon -- for my wife, who remembered it fondly from her own youth -- I'm quite older than she is. I didn't expect to watch them, but when I was changing disks, I saw one episode was by Theodore Sturgeon -- my choice for the best short story writer in SF -- and I've been reading it since the 50s and read a lot of earlier stuff. Okay, then I saw the opening episode and saw David "Tribbles" Gerrold. Then I started checking the episodes. Larry Niven, Norman Spinrad, Ben Bova... and that's just the early episodes. Haven't watched them yet, but how did this crew get involved in the project. I don't think there was a STAR TREK series that had writers like this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aesgaard41

[2]May 27, 2009
    • level: 34
    Another writer I noticed was Donald Glut known for some sci-fi stuff. I doubt they wrote for the show, I guess they were just asked to donate scripts. A single writing team would have been able to keep track of all the diffent aspects of that world and kept them consistent. Unlike "Lost" toay, I dout they had any one scenario in mind to explain everything.

mjockers

[3]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    Walter Koenig (Checkov from Star Trek) wrote and episode as well.