TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Land of the Lost Forums

NBC (ended 1976)

season 3

silverfoxy8472

[1]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 14

ok I realize this maybe a nasty horrible and painful subject for most of us but there are questions i feel i need to ask

well my first one is why did they change the nature of the show from dinos for the most part to mythical beasts for the most part.

second why did they seem to undo the logics of the last two seasons in season 3?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jonfoothonkey

[2]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    I have two theories about your first question. I think that either the creators thought that the show was too serious or complicated to be liked by kids so they turned season three into more of a fantasy than scifi, or they needed more ideas and thought the land of the lost was a strange enough to have mythical creatures. Or both. I'm not sure what you mean by your second question.

FVBonura

[3]Jun 22, 2014
    • level: 1
    My quick answer is, they needed David Gerrold back. Second season retained much of the structure Gerrold had established in '74 but after changing studios and budget cuts, not much of his "spirit" was left.