Land of the Lost Forums

NBC (ended 1976)

So..

Genieb

[1]May 25, 2009
    • level: 8

I've being watching the SCI FI marathon today and I wanted to know something: Was there a "last" episode in where they showed us the family going back home? or at least saying "THE END". I feel that a show that deals with someone being lost on an island or strange world should get that treatment once it goes out of the air. Maybe something that explained the show ending at least a dream sequence would've been an option (it worked for Dynasty).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]May 25, 2009
    • level: 38
    Unfortunately, no there wasn't.

wakeenyan

[3]May 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    There was a "Final", the marathon missed the last 3 episodes. Sci-fi should be ashamed , but at least they'll redeem themselves, they will be on Sci-Fi on 6/5/09 @ 4:30-6:00pm est.

enervator

[4]May 26, 2009
    • level: 38
    wakeenyan wrote:
    There was a "Final", the marathon missed the last 3 episodes. Sci-fi should be ashamed , but at least they'll redeem themselves, they will be on Sci-Fi on 6/5/09 @ 4:30-6:00pm est.

There was certainly a last episode, but no real finale. Nothing that ever wrapped everything up.

jonfoothonkey

[5]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    Back then you weren't told if you were getting another season until the current season was over. After they added an ending to the first season only to have the series continue I think that they didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

jonfoothonkey

[6]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 4
    I'm guessing they got away when the pylon express opened again. We just didn't see it.

FVBonura

[7]Jun 22, 2014
    • level: 1

jonfoothonkey wrote:
    I'm guessing they got away when the pylon express opened again. We just didn't see it.

I agree 100%, they went back home when atsunrise the three moons aligned horizontally with the horizon and the moon-giver pylon reopened maybe a year or so after the last 3rd season aired episode. Maybe we would have had an episode like that if they made a fourth season. It still was thelongestrunning Kroft show or the 70's. :-)

Edited on 06/22/2014 12:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.