Land of the Lost

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Oct 30, 1976 on NBC

6.1
  • episode 38 hot-air artist

5.5
    yawn another third season bore. before i start i want to make it absolutely clear this is my favorite show of all time. seasons one and two were wonderful and i am happy they made a season three. its just not very good and this episode is rated by tv.com members as the worst one. i personally think there are worse ones but the hot air artist is pretty bad. chaka sees something land near camp and he and jack go to find a 1920s ballonst named rosco t post. they take him home and fix his baloon. the sleestak appear in this episode apparently to fill time. the only bright side of that is one scene is filmed to look like there are 6 sleestak. rosco wants to take chaka home to put him in a freak show and jack makes it clear to him that he wont allow that. so rosco tries to fly away with chaka leaving the marshalls behind. chaka dosent want to leave his friends and screams so he is rescued but the adventurer flies away leaving our family behind. i do remember this being one of my favorite episodes from my childhood so seeing it again made me feel nastalgic. perhaps my son jon jon will enjoy it when he gets a little older. i am glad i watched it and happy to review it. even though it was pretty bad.