Las Vegas Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

Las Vegas Canceled :(

bostonbwy

[1]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 4

As of this afternoon, NBC has canceled Las Vegas. Gary Scott Thompson contacted the owners of lasvegas-theseries.com to let them know and they immediately posted it on their site.

There are no plans for any kind of wrap up to the finale that aired on the 15th. Because of that we are still going ahead with the campaign to flood NBC with letters and baby booties. Chances are less than slim, but maybe they can be convinced to do something.

For campaign information and addresses, please go here: http://lasvegas-theseries.com/campaign08.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mobiaggio

[2]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 11

I just watch the Series finale s05e19 and i havd to say

Please don't let this been the last episode of Las Vegas

VegasJunkie

[3]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    That really blows. I'm going to send some letters to let them know what I think of them.

snickerzkc

[4]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    NBC fails at life.

ruudvroon

[5]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    I just send some money, we only have a change if everyone helps!!

wndrwl

[6]Feb 21, 2008
    i just emailed nbc telling them how pissed of i am and that i was a loyal follower not only of this show but the network going back to seinfield (im only 25). i even told them that if they are going to cancel, the least they could do is that give us the final epsiode and make them each 2 hours (almost a mini season of 6 epsiodes) .

wndrwl

[7]Feb 21, 2008
    i mean making each of the lost epsiodes due to the stike each 2 hours. i am so angry this morning. if lv knew that nbc might cancel them why didnt they tie it up themselves.

Jikiness

[8]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    What a joke!

Jikiness

[9]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    Would love to know what goes through the minds of the executives to make decisions like this.

bostonbwy

[10]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 4

wndrwl wrote:
    i mean making each of the lost epsiodes due to the stike each 2 hours. i am so angry this morning. if lv knew that nbc might cancel them why didnt they tie it up themselves.

The writers of Las Vegas had no idea they were going to get canceled. In fact, Gary Scott Thompson said in an interview that before the writer's strike, he had been told season 6 was happening. This apparently came out of nowhere.

Please keep writing letters and donating to the campaign! I saw someone said they emailed NBC, please take what you said and write it and mail it. We've been told that all emails sent to the public addresses at NBC go directly to spam folders and are deleted without being read. They will never see an email... we have to send letters.

supering

[11]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 20
    Nooooooo nonononononono!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!!! Stupid NBC...!! But really, al emails go to spam? Why they even bother with an email add if they dont get/read any?

TesserT

[12]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 76

The bad news is everywhere.

Ausiello Report by Michael Ausiello Feb 21, 12:21pm

NBC Leaving Las Vegas

Looks like Las Vegas is cashing in its chips after five years on the air.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that NBC has opted not to renew the show for a sixth season. Consequently, last Friday's episode? Yep, that was the series finale. Hope it was satisfying!

NBC had hoped this season's cast shake-up - Thomas Magnum replacing Sonny Corleone - might re-energize the show, but instead, it led to a double-digit ratings decline. Of course, the Friday time slot didn't help.

Chad_Cronin

[13]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    I am in shock and very angry! I can't believe networks are still doing this to people. Note: Never end a show on a cliffhanger episode. You must always wrap up the show property. Making 1 more episode to leave at least some ok taste in our mouths is better than making people so upset that they want to boycott your network forever! I had no idea that this strike was gonna bring about such horrible changes. If they keep this up, I might as well just cancel cable and watch shows for free on the internet, since there is so few left now.

VegasJunkie

[14]Feb 21, 2008

THis SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate NBC! WTF can't we even get a series finale!?! It's unfair.

I went to that Vegas fan campaign site and there are a bunch of fans doing it. I'm going to send in letters and stuff too. It's worth it if we can get a real end to the series. I hate this cancellation crap on a cliffhanger! the show has been on five years! fans deserve more!

find the campaign here and start writing

http://lasvegas-theseries.com

cushtxlady

[15]Feb 21, 2008
    WHY? WHY? WHY? There was so much more to be told and explained. Not just about the baby but who was Cooper really? Was Casey going to come back from the dead? Who was going to end up with the Monticeto? This is just so unfair. It makes you wonder if you should ever get too involved with any show for this might happen. Just shows that begin a story and end it in the same episode. How boring will that be. Better than never knowing. Maybe we can write our own endings and believe that is what happened. I don't know. I'm just so dissappointed.

crazybabecake

[16]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    This sucks! I was really liking Tom Seleck's Cooper. I'm totally bummed! We won't even get a good ending. You'd think after having a show on the air for 5 season's, no matter what the ratings are, they would give the fans some closure. These days it isn't even worth getting into TV shows.

cool1392

[17]Feb 21, 2008
    hey NBC used the writers strike as an excuse!!!!!!!!

Hcanekev1027

[18]Feb 21, 2008
    Heres for thought why doesnt nbc care that they do get people watching LAS VEGAS the ratings may not be great BUT GUESS What they get people watching how bout keeping it on for US Fans who dont turn on them I need this show to stay on Ive been thru too many cancellations it stinks and im sure my other tv show will be cancelled soon too and i wont be happy i think like CW Or MY9 or FX or someone like that pick up las vegas they can help the show i would think they could and who cares how many people watch it people watch and it should be thought of before cancelling these shows its a disgrace to us by letting the show be cancelled WE LOVE LAS VEGAS AND NEED it what kind of bologne is it to just have a cliff hanger i say give it one more season then have a respectul season finale with everyone

robinepowell

[19]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 63

Even though they brought in Tom Selleck the ratings didnt increase. Instead they really dropped, which surprised me.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Nbc/800033830

wndrwl

[20]Feb 21, 2008
    we can still save the show......i think it was jericho that cancelled but by fans calling and sending emails and letters the show is back. also, family guy got canned but due to huge dvd sales they brought the show back. we should also boycott the network. i hope cbs or fox or someone picks vegas up, it happend to jag who went from abc to cbs i believe maybe even to nbc for a bit.