Las Vegas Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

Las Vegas Cancelled ?

DilJohnLocke

[1]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    Ok if any body else has heard about the greatest show of all time being cancelled I want to hear your opinion, because if its true im going to start a petition becuase this is bull  Plz respond.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-LinkUK

[2]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 24

Being from the UK i've not heard offically that Las Vegas has been/is being cancelled, i've only read how NBC have cut this seasons series to 18 episodes instead of the usual 24 and that most of the stars from the show have other things planned i.e Josh and Nikki both have films coming out.

I am a big fan of Las Vegas and have watched it from the very beginning so i really hope they don't cancel the show, yes i'll put my name to a petition but like most petitions they fall on deaf ears.

Skoonj

[3]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    Nothing is official, but the rumor is that it will last no longer than this season. That was kind of confirmed by comments two cast members made in interviews which seem to suggest this is it.

MrRossZ

[4]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 8
    It wouldn't surprise me -- I think NBC took some of the execs from ABC (both are good at killing off good shows) first they started LV late, and now they may nuke it without much of a notice (which may be preceded by postponing episodes several times as well as putting it on hiatus or something) I hope it's just a glitch in their system and they re-submit the show for next season

the1945ghost

[5]Dec 25, 2006
    • level: 12
    yeah coz it would really suck if they cancel this show

DZA187

[6]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 10

the1945ghost wrote:

hope this show isnt going to be axed.. luv watching this, season 4 has been good up to now aswell. NBC always kill off good shows when they doing ok, like they did with third watch.

chandler-bauer

[7]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 1
    nbc if you are reading this read closely,,,
    WE DONT WANT YOU TO CANCEL LAS VEGAS WE LOVE THE SHOW....
    P,S, WE WANT A FRIENDS REUNION TOO....season 11 lets go

kmfc17

[8]Dec 27, 2006
    Las Vegas is a great show and they would be very stupid to cancel it. So I HOPE THEY DON'T!!!!!!!!

jordangaviota

[9]Dec 27, 2006
    I second this !!!! NBC Do not cancel Las Vegas, this is the only cool show you have (which a lot of peeple love. I mean i am sick and tired of all the Law & Order's- Criminal Intent. SVU, SUV and the crappy Game's shows you have for crying out loud you have deal or no deal for 2 days a week now and that 1 vs 100 like who wants to be a millionaire, and dont get me started w/ that bug eating, animals parts eating - reality show you have (im sure eveyone knows what im talking about ??? The only thing your guys got going is Heroes (which i love) & MNF.

fdscanner89

[10]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 15
    Knowing NBC, they probably have their eye on cancelling it, however like all good things NBC will probably screw it up and stupidly cancel it. I hope they don't, it's one of the good things they have left.

DZA187

[11]Jan 2, 2007
    i hope it comes back for a season 5... please dont cancel this NBC.

Muerz

[12]Jan 7, 2007
    Wouldn't they be really stupid considering it still has rather good ratings?

jackgater

[13]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    Skoonj wrote:
    Nothing is official, but the rumor is that it will last no longer than this season. That was kind of confirmed by comments two cast members made in interviews which seem to suggest this is it.

Well when a show which normally gets 24 episodes gets a 17-episode Season (yes, we're getting only 17 episodes this Season) it's an indication that the network are considering cancellation. I'm expecting it completely. Just awaiting the official release now.

Skoonj

[14]Jan 7, 2007
    Yes, it has fairly good ratings. However, it is enormously expensive to produce. That might be the problem for NBC.

DZA187

[15]Jan 8, 2007
    Skoonj wrote:
    Yes, it has fairly good ratings. However, it is enormously expensive to produce. That might be the problem for NBC.

anyone know if it is getting cancelled, because some of them are doing movie roles, it does feel up the main actors to do both. I be happy to see vegas back for season 5 with 17 more ep's, i aint bothered if it's not 24 ep's. Rescue me is only like 13 ep's and works well for that show.

chadc1979

[16]Jan 8, 2007
    I was kind of baffled at the drastic cut, but knowing NBC's rating slide and wanting to cut costs, I understood the episode cut. Not sure who added the numbers up, because 17 leaves them at an odd number, 87. You would think if they were ending it, they would have ordered 18 and it would have ended up 88, a standared 4 season x 22 order number. Just last season they did spend alot of money on the new set, and the show does well for fridays. I would say that their thoughts were from now on to just do less episodes, so as to save money, give the cast more time to do other projects and keep them happy and on the show, and they probably already knew (unless a huge ratings slide) that they were gonna do another shorter season after this one. Even if they went the cable number of episode order and do 13-17 next season, that would give them 100-104 episodes over 5 seasons, a perfect amount for syndication. I would be ok with it ending, NEXT YEAR, but the thought of the show being over in just 8 more episodes, is just way too soon.

pgsuperfan

[17]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 25
    the1945ghost wrote:

Hope it is only a rumor !!!!!!!!!

DilJohnLocke

[18]Jan 9, 2007

Yeah me too

sk8inguitarist

[19]Apr 16, 2008
    nope in fact it is not a rumor which **** me up the *** cuz it is the best damn show ever!!! There is a petition going around called "Save the Show" Petition. There are also videos on youtube that you can watch. What they are doing is sending in letters and baby booties to NBC's head Ben Silverman. Here is a link to a Save Las Vegas Promo...http://youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2xL0dYfTw and a link to the website with moore informationhttp://lasvegas-theseries.com/. PLEASE GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN SAVING LAS VEGAS!!!

TheShabooski

[20]Apr 16, 2008
    I've donated some through paypal..hopefully we atleast get some type of ending