Las Vegas

Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Aired Unknown Sep 13, 2004 on NBC

• Simply put, this is the best episode of the series to date.

One of the few genuinely good episodes of this series. This is "Las Vegas" at its best and a perfect example of its potential. Series star Danny comes back home from the war, obviously a changed and scarred man. His friends see it, his boss sees it and most importantly his love sees it. It's Josh Duhamel's best acting on the show to date. If only the show would make more episodes like this one. A definite must see for anyone wondering if this show is worth a look.
  • There was just something missing.

I'm a fan of the show and I really did like this episode but, I just feel like something was missing. The whole plot with Dumb and Dumber was very funny and interesting as usual for Las Vegas. I loved the subplot with Delinda and Sam over the morticians having their party in Mystique. I really loved to see Danny and Mary together again, I loved how he had to deal with the demons he faced in the Marines. I think they just ended that plot too quickly. I thought it was realistic what he was going through, not wanting to sleep, Ed was perfect sitting there telling him he'll watch his back. His urgency to marry Mary, I just wish they had extended Danny's problems here longer. I still rated it very high because I really did like this episode, I think Danny's story here was a little rushed.
  • A GREAT episode with a lot of emotional moments and Nikki and Josh are great in the scenes they did together!!!

Well i loved it that Danny came back from the war!!! He stands behind Mary and taps her on the shoulder when she turns around she can't believe he's back and of course they make out. Then Danny is a bit weird he's standing sometimes alone and then he's thinking about the war and something bothers him. He says to Mary he can't wait until dinner and he wants to be with her now!!! He meets Mary at her place and after Mary tells him she is not holding him to anything, HE PROPOSE to her. She doesn't say yes immediately. Danny is also awake for more then 48 hours and has still flashbacks from the war. there's a other storyline but that's was just to fill the episode. At the end Danny freaks out and goes to a hotel, Ed and Mary find out were he is and Ed goes to Danny inside and says to Mary that it's better if she waits outside. Ed asks Danny what is bothering him and he says he had to ask for a air-strike right on top of them and he was the only one that survived, he doesn't sleep anymore because he has no one to watch his back. I really liked the scene with Ed and Danny because you find out ed had to do the same thing and then he says to Danny that he has to take a shower, so he can clean himself up. Then he falls asleep on the bed while REM is playing with Leaving New York and then Ed says I'll watch your back, son! I thought that was really a great line and then also Ed is sleeping and the Mary comes in and watch Danny sleeping. When that happens your hear some lines of Leaving New York and the lines are really great with the scenes because they say: I told you, forever,
    i love you, forever.
    I told you , i love you,
    I told you, forever,
    I told you, i love you,
    i love you, forever.
    And i thought it was really sweat and very emotional, it is one of my favourite episodes
  • Great episode!

That is exactly how you should bring a season back. A perfect mix of comedy and drama! Welcome to the Montecito Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, where you can do anything you want... but Ed Deline and his crack surveillance team will be watching. Just remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
  • I love the way they did this episode. It was a memorable episode for me.

I am absolutely in love with the beginning to this episode the way Danny just taps Mary on the shoulder and how he has to do it twice before she turns around. The reuniting kiss everything. It was a perfect beginning. I love the way Danny proposes to Mary, she thinks he only wants to sleep with her but in reality he wants to live his life with her. I fell as though it was a defining moment in their relationship, they went from best friends to lovers and it was a fantastic transition. Danny then goes into a state of madness due to lack of sleep. I like how it ends with Ed and Mary watching Danny who has finally been convinced by Ed to go to sleep therefore ending his sleep deprived run. He went from chaotic back to semi-normal.