Las Vegas

Mothwoman (1)

Aired Unknown Nov 21, 2005 on NBC

• This episode marks a turning point, the point where "Las Vegas" lost its credibility. A very sad moment, and an insult to its viewers...

After two full (entertaining) seasons, it seems the writers made fun of an entire community of fans. The outcome of this episode is so absurd and pulled by the hair that it takes away any further interest in the show, and nothing can be done about it. A very bad moment of television and a great disappointment...
  • Loved it! Thought the end was crap though. But it had it's up side. No More Monica!! Yeah!

I thought this was pretty good episode actually. All the usual stuff, finding and dealing with cheaters, Sam being a gross money grubbing whale tamer (shocking but always entertaining).
    And then there's Monica. I've read the other reviews, and I really don't think she was being out of character. Giving Danny the car and wanting to 'dress' him was totally in character. She likes to control everything, that's why she was relieved when Ed left because she knew she couldn't control him. The fact that she thought she could control Danny just proved what an unintelligent bimbo she is.

But the last 30 seconds with her doing a flying nun impression off the balcony?!?!?! What was that all about?
    I just figured it was a gag. That is, until I read the synopsis for the next ep. That's where I thought that maybe someone slipped the writers something in the controlled substance line...

I love that Dean Cain is coming on board though. I was so disappointed when the season started with that scrawny Monica broad and not Casey as the new owner.

But I really don't believe the show's jumped the shark just yet.
  • Danny's in charge

I can't believe all the bad reviews this episode got in this web site! I didn't found it to be boring at all. All I keep thinking was, I wish this show is on cable!!!!! The plot was right, a bit soft, but it was certainly not boring. This show is not a serious show, its entertaining, its funny and a bit sexy. This episode has all that. At first I thought Ed would be running another casino, but it turns out that he's fight back. The only thing, is want to see more of 'Monica' getting stuck in the shower more! All in all, it was an entertaining show, what you always expected from Las Vegas.
  • A bad attempt at humor.

Story was ok, I didn't mind the comic-like fade to commercials, those were pretty neat. And there were many funny parts.

The ending, however, was absolutely horrific. I think this is the beginning of the end of this show. Lately they seem to be grasping at story ideas and are giving in to cheap gimmicks.

We changed commercials after the first few minutes of the flashback show to the 60's. Couldn't stomach watching more of the cheesy plot than that.

I am kind of glad they got rid of monica, the collagen infused bimbo. The show was really well done the first season and a bit, but is just not up to the quality it used to be.
  • Boring piece of crap. I felt like i was watching a freaking silly cartoon/soap opera crossover. Get Jordan from Crossing Jordan to do an autopsy on Monica to prove how impossible her death is.

2.3
    I don't get what this show is supposed to be about, a crime drama? a soap opera? comedy? Writers seem to squeeze story lines which involving a casino there is not going to be many. What's with the guy in a superhero suit thinking he can fly through walls, then the ridiculous look on his face when he hits the wall. Okay for a bugs bunny cartoon, not a serious TV show. Then Monica flying off the roof, where if its so windy why doesn't her dress flap at all until she flies off, neither does her hair. I'd love if they invited Crossing Jordan to do an autopsy on her, to prove how impossible that would be to die like that in real life considering Crossing Jordan/Las Vegas are in same realities since they did crossovers.
  • The Montecito hosts a comic book convention, and Monica does a Supperman the length of the strip.

How can someone take a perfectly good series and flush it down the toilet. Las Vegas was must watch TV for me, stylish, classy, fast paced and funny. Season 2 ended on a high, what was going to happen to the Montecito, well now we know it is going down as fast as the casino at the end of season 2.

Why get rid of Nessa, she brought a lot of class to the show, to move her on and bring in Monica, WHY, she arrived and the story lines got just plain stupid.

Bring back Nessa, soon and loose the stupid story lines, I know Dean Cain is guesting but to have Monica do a Superman the length of the strip, please!!!!!
  • They have officially flushed the show down the toilet in less than 4 seasons.

0.1
    Wow. It only took 3 seasons to kill this show. This is the 2nd episode in a row where a character has winked at the camera. This is supposed to be a one hour sexy drama. They have resorted to stories and visual cues that look like they came straight from the old Batman series with Adam West.

The ending with Monica was pathetic. The special effects were not necessary and terribly executed. The Rainman and comic book convention stories have both been done and were just skimmed over as filler for this episode.

The icing on the cake is that the guy winning 4M at roulette was never resolved. He claimed it was the stars and whatnot. They left it at that. Its important to resolve rainman counting cards for a couple thousand, but a hippie winning 4M is just unimportant filler.
  • Monica is written completly out of character going from catty to insane buying Danny a car and suits. A comic book convention is glanced over and the Rain Man movie is inserted as filler. For one of my favorite shows this episode took the plunge...literal

Definetly tough to watch the ending to this episode. Great lead in with the whole is Ed really moving on and what now for Danny. The ending though was way over played even for Las Vegas. Las Vegas has always been a little off but in a sit back and have some fun sort of way. But it would of been just as funny and probably more shocking if Monica would of been on her tirade and fell bacwards off the Montecito. The gust of wind thing was just too much. I normally love the writting but this was mailed in. I hope they get back to normal next week when they finally bring Ed back and get things rolling again.
  • This episode was indeed painful to watch. I've been touting this show to friends but after the last couple episodes, I may have to eat my words! I hope they can bring this show back to life and soon! I hate to see it die a painful death so soon.

0.5
    The ending was terrible. There are so many ways they could have knocked of Monica that would have been much more interesting. I'm no writer, but I think even I could have done a better job. I am guessing they were trying to be original and tie it into the whole comic book plot but it just didn't work. I agree they need to go back to crime solving, Danny & Mary, and Big Ed cracking heads! This show has been so great in the past, it makes me look forward to Mondays. I'll be devistated if they don't get it together soon!
  • What was with the ending?

0.5
    What was with the ending? It was the strangest thing I have ever seen, it was stupid and out of character for the show. I love this show, and I love Ed, but this is getting silly now.. I wish they would take it back to the season one goodies. When it was about catching the cheats and finding love between mary and danny. I keep trying and trying to watch it thinking it will get better...
  • Good until the last drop.....

5.2
    In general, a fun episode until the last scene. The "Flying Anti-nun" shot looked fake, and was completely implausible (as I'm sure Gil Grissom would prove if he were on this network).

I thought that Monica's character changed too much in this episode, as well. Another reviewer suggested she was in the manic phase of a bi-polar swing, and I agree it looked like that. From being just a somewhat unpleasant but sane person, she morphed into an evil harridan, sexually harassing Danny, leveraging the Montecito to "buy half the town" (What? Please!), and acting like a lunatic. The writers let us down, and we can only hope there is a quick re-shoot this week... perhaps it was only a dream and Patrick Duffy can make a guest appearance next week.
  • The ending was definitely surprising... but completely unbelievable.

3.4
    I was really disappointed with the way they \"offed\" Monica. I was glad to see her go, but really -- sailing off of the roof after a supposed gust of wind? Her cape wasn\'t even filled with air (had she really been blown off the roof by some hurricane-force gust of wind, her cape would have billowed out like a sail. Instead it just flapped a bit.) And Danny, standing right beside her, was completely unaffected by this impossible-to-believe rogue wind gust.

I really liked Las Vegas when it started, but it has become more and more unbelievable and silly to the point that it is getting painful to watch. James Caan must be sitting there with his head in his hands wondering how he got himself into this fiasco. It is SO below his ability as an actor.
  • The worst episode ever!

The worst episod ever, this show used to be good. The ending was not from this planet. The writers must have goon crasy. I will se the next episode but if they don\\\'t sharpen up, I will not continue to watch the serie. The comics deal in this episode was just so bad writen there is nothing more to say about it, more than i was just bad.
  • Badly written..steriotypical representations.

0.1
    Rediculously steriotypical representations of "Comic Geeks" First a group of mouth breathing idiots asking for Monica's autograph as if they would actually think the character existed. Then they have a delusional guy believing he could fly through walls?!?! Why not have a fight scene with "POW" "BAM"?!?!Pathetic.

It will be interesting to see if they get sued by Comic-Con International San Diego (The largest Comics and Pop culture convention in the world www.comic-con.org)over the blatent rip off of their logo.

• Worst Episode Ending EVER!

0.1
    I was liking the episode alright up until the last 5 seconds. I think it basically killed any desire I had to keep up with the series.

I was a huge fan, then they did the old Vegas episode, and I couldn't stand watching it. Turned it off after 5 minutes.

But that death scene takes the cake, what happened, could the writers not come up with something that might be.. I don't know.. believable..

I knew as soon as I saw that huge stupid outfit Monica was wearing that something was screwy...

They should be embarrassed they left it in the script and then put it on TV.

• I do get what they were doing with Monica but it was just too strange.

Overall I thought this episode was a 10 until the very end. I really liked everything going on. Sam and Delinda at the funeral, they were hysterical as always. The part with Jake and Mary having problems, you know they are working towards some sort of a reconcilliation between her and Danny. I think that will be very long and drawn out. I do get what they were doing with the Monica blowing offthe roof thing, it was to go along with the whole comic book theme of this episode, but it was just a bit too much. It is the reason I only gave this episode an 8 but other than that it was a great episode.
  • What were they thinking???

I have no idea how to rate the episode. For the most part it was a great episode, but the way they "killed" Monica was totally stupid. Is she even dead or is Danny just dreaming it in a Cartoon sense?? Also what was with Monica, she is super nice one second and a total B**** the next. It was like she was Bi-polar or something, so that isn't going to be answered either. I just didn't like the way they blew her off the roof, it was just way too cartoonish for this show. Also Dean Cane can't really be taking over the Monicino, as he's on another show right now. So hopefully next weeks show answers a lot of questions.
  • Thank God they are killing off Monica!!!!

I love Lara Flynn but I hated her character and she got worse every week. I loved how she was spying on Danny when he called Casey. I loved how Ed was there when Casey took the call and they had a bet going. And Monica's death was over the top. Much better than the woman falling down the elevator shaft.