Last Call with Carson Daly

July 12, 2002: The Dave Matthews Band

Aired Weekdays 1:35 AM Jul 12, 2002 on NBC

• Dave Matthews Bands biggest fan loved the episode. It’s a more personal in depth look at the band, and how they became the musical Geniuses that they are today.

Since I have watched the show many times, I can tell you that the Dave Matthews Band is one of the most top money grossing concert bands for a reason. I’ve been a big fan since 1992. Now all the die hard fans know that the band got together back in 1991. I’ve been to six of his concerts in a row, and every time I’m there, I just wish he had more time to play. He is AWESOME live. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love his albums, but there is just something about the live audience interaction that really makes it an experience of a life time. Seeing Dave Matthews play the way he can is just phenomenal. When he was on Live with Carson Daily, I had to watch, and I’m glad I did. I got to see the band being interviewed by Carson and got to hear some real good songs as well. See, with this particular episode, you get to see a more personal side of the band. Like how they got together, what each member was doing before it happened, and what we can expect in the future. So in closing, I will say one thing. I hope the Dave Matthews Band keeps putting out the hits like they always have been.

Jeremy Stinnett