TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

This show is a lie!

averysays

[1]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 10

I wish there was an option to give a score of 0 to a show. Felipe Esparza was nowhere near the funniest comic. I began to suspect that this show was rigged, several episodes back, when comics way better than him were eliminated. This show is a joke and I will never watch it again. Shame on you NBC! You need to change out your staff, including executives. Throughout the season, the judges gave Felipe a truly excessive and undeserved amount of praise. During the final episode, their comments were so obviously dictated by somebody else (like Kindler's use of the word "Amazing"), that I was disgusted with the three of them. Thanks, NBC, for nothing but betraying your viewers.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frontman19

[2]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 14

I agree, Tommy Jonaghin, and even Troy Williamson were so much funnier than Felipe...I really wanted Tommy to win, his last set killed, while Felipe's wasn't even lukewarm for me. Tommy will have a bigger career in the end though, so it's ok.

geenjohn

[3]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 1

Did NBC add a laugh track to Kathy Griffin's set last night?

mr_snakeabee

[4]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 7

The set that Iliza did proved that the show is a lie. One of worst i've seen to date.

Edited on 08/10/2010 9:15pm

rock9955

[5]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 9

i completely agree. Philipe should not have won, he wasnt funny at all. Tommy Johnagan was hilarious all the way through. I know that Tommy has had more TV time and Philipe is new but still.

rock9955

[6]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 9

and yes i am pretty sure they had a laugh track for her

redchild

[7]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 7

So none of you guys voted then?

dennisramaekers

[8]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 5
    So you guys are are knowing and everybody has the same opinion?
    Now I didn;t like Philipe either, but I know that not everybody has the same type of humor. Not everybody loves Kathy Griffin, not everybody loves Ron White, and not everybody loves Plilipe.
    Every show with voting has the same problem, whether the judges pick the winner or the audience or all of America, not everyone os going to agree with the winner.
    I'm just glad that Last Comic Standing gives a lot of people a shot at doing their kind of comedy on TV, and gives me the opportunity to enjoy a lot of comediens.

averysays

[9]May 22, 2014
    • level: 10

dennisramaekers wrote:
    So you guys are are knowing and everybody has the same opinion? Now I didn;t like Philipe either, but I know that not everybody has the same type of humor. Not everybody loves Kathy Griffin, not everybody loves Ron White, and not everybody loves Plilipe. Every show with voting has the same problem, whether the judges pick the winner or the audience or all of America, not everyone os going to agree with the winner.

I disagree that it is a matter of taste, when there is such a huge disparity of talent. I have very broad tastes when it comes to comedic styles, but talent is talent. Talent crosses all stylistic boundaries. It is not that there was just one comic who was only a little bit better than Garza. There were several of them, with various styles, and they were much better.

dennisramaekers wrote:
    I'm just glad that Last Comic Standing gives a lot of people a shot at doing their kind of comedy on TV, and gives me the opportunity to enjoy a lot of comediens.

(The bold formatting, above, is mine.)

That is definitely a good point, dennisramaekers!

Edited on 05/22/2014 10:27am