Last Comic Standing

NBC Premiered Jun 10, 2003 In Season

dan62tvt

Last Comic Standing Fan Reviews (37)

• Obnoxious Host Who's Always SCREAMING!

Because of the awful SCREAMING host of the show I am forced to Tivo the show and (Advertisers, are you listening?) fast-forward through all the commercials. He is a waste, and your money is not being utilized to its fullest potential.
  • . Smooth Obnoxious

. Smooth is so obnoxious, loud and irritating. He overpowers the show. I am here to hear the comics not listen to his big mouth wanting all the attention. If he is MC of the show next year I will not watch it. He completely takes away from the show.
  • Rosanne ruins the show

I tuned in very excited. Then I saw Roseanne barr. Ughhh. Didn't make it to the second act. Turned if off. She's not funny just a sensationalist. Thanks for ruining the show. There are plenty of funny, talented strong comediennes out there if you were trying to fill a demographic.
  • Rigged

This show is completely rigged!

I stopped watching after Felipe Esparza was chosen as the winner.

There were several other comics that season that were far more funny.

The judges, as comedy veterans, obviously knew this.
  • Why do I keep watching and wasting my time?

2.5
    This show gets worse and worse every year. What started out as a great idea by Jay Mohr with some really funny comics has turned in to absolute network crap. Every year they go to a major city like New York and select around 7 finalists (most of them mediocre, pretty boys, predictable girls, has beens, or people with connections), and then go to the middle of nowhere and find these unique and hilarious people. They'll select a couple of people then say, "Unfortunately, we only have one spot left."

The talent level goes down every year. They replaced Mohr with possibly the worst TV host I have ever seen in Anthony Clark who was sweating and shaking and depressing; then replaced him with an experienced host (former MTV VJ), but a pathetic comic in Bill Bellamy. Everything is so contrived and so commercialized. Now the shows feel like PBS fundraisers.
  • Needs to get a whole lot better this year, or just go away forever...

I'll probably give it one more try even though I know it will suck again. It's not just that they always pick a hack winner who sucks, it's that "All Of The Finalists" are horrible! I can't stand any of them in any year. If by some miracle one or two actually funny people sneak through they weed them out right away leaving us with some truly awful "comedians" who don't have five good jokes between them. This is one of the best premises for a show that turned out to be one of the worst shows I've seen. Last Comic Standing needs to get a whole lot better this year, or just go away forever...
  • Used to be my best friend during tv summer breaks....

6.6
    The first three seasons of Last Comic Standing were hilarious. They had the elements of a reality show, that I generally dislike (to put it mildly), but the elimination was decided through a battle of Stand up between the comedians.
    Although I know from season 1 that the producers and the studio had been picking and choosing the course of the show, it was interesting and they had actually managed to pick up people that we got to know and love over the seasons.
    Season 4 (I think it was) marked the leaving of Jay Mohr obviously over disputes with the producers about the changing of the show's concept.
    That's when the downfall of the series began.
    They no longer have the element of reality during the season, it's just the auditions and contests. You have no character interaction except for the tedious 'how was your show' and 'how did you feel' stuff...
    The people chosen to perform and move on keep getting worse and worse - Season 6 marked the choosing of not one, but 3 singing duos to get to the semi-finals - and one of them (at least from what I saw until now) got to move on! They're not funny, they have no comic act, they just sing songs about celibacy!!!
    And ofcourse that those who are funny by their own right do not get picked to move on, because of behind the screen machinations.
    Bah.
    If the concept does not improve drastically until the end of season 6, I am no longer going to tune in to this show - I can't take the disappointment anymore.
  • Depends on the type of comedy.

Not only the comedy that the comic brings but the judges because sometimes they let in too many untalented people. Of the few that is talented,very inapporiated material is used. The host change for year to year. I only watch this show when nothing else is on because most of the contestants are depressed and i don't need that affect on me. I like being a cheerful person. Most of the talent is horrible but that comes from it being an tv show and people being desperate to become famous. If you wanting an good laugh once in a while, i suggest that you watch this show.
  • Why are established comedians who already have cable TV appearances allowed to compete? Chime in if you agree!

This is an email that I sent to NBC regarding this show - please chime in and add to our voice if you agree:

I just wanted to write you - myself and several of my friends agree on this point with your show "Last Comic Standing"

We don't think it's fair to allow comics who have already had a cable television appearance / show to compete on this show. It seems like only new and unknown comics should be competing on a show like this - not someone who is already established.

I hate to compare you with your competitors - but it would be a bit like Mariah Carey competing on American Idol.

We were disgusted at how many comics we had seen that we already knew and had seen on Comedy Central, HBO or other comedy specials - what's worse is they were using the very same jokes they had on those cable specials.

Please keep your competition fresh and give the up and coming performers a chance rather than ones who have already been established.
  • Why allow so many predominately white countries to vote on candidates? Blk candidates don't have chance. Another concern that I have is when I tried to call Lavell's call-in no., I got a recording that says I dialed the wrong number. disappointed!!!

1.1
    I knew a black comedian would not win because of the number of racially bias people. I will now find another show to watch next season. I will make sure that everyone I know understands the statistical odds. If the show chooses prodominately white countries, the black comedians cannot win because of the cultural differences and racial division. I once taught a diversity class, an I witnessed first hand what many white people think of about blacks.

I will not watch this show anymore because I believe that the network/show producers should find a fair way to vote on candidates. Apparently many voters are voting their skin color. The black community should boycott the show. Last comic standing was a joke on black people...
  • I hate reality shows but LOVE LCS. I am disappointed though that there is no house this season, and that 3 of the top 10 already have careers on VH1 and/or have had their own specials on Comedy Central.

I hate reality shows but LOVE LCS. I am disappointed though that there is no house this season, and that 3 of the top 10 already have careers on VH1 and/or have had their own specials on Comedy Central. I also miss Jay Mohr.
    I think this show is seriously underrated. Its much better than those crappy "Here do something crazy and get on TV shows." and it really highlights talent and skill. This is the only reality show that my husband and I will watch, and we think its hysterical! I'm hoping it gets picked up for a season 6, though the first 2 seasons were definitely the best ones.
  • You know what, I remember watching this show a couple years ago, and it was damn funny. Now, I watched it again and thought one comedian was hillarious, and one was okay in the whole time I watched it. The rest were god-awful. Terrible. End of story.

God, the stuff that gets put on TV nowadays just blows my mind. You sit on your couch watching people tell crappy jokes for an hour (or half an hour, I forget), watching the audience crack up like it's the funniest thing ever or something. The fact is, I saw two funny people: the fat black guy who joked about nmot being able to get a seat-belt on, and the white guy who talked about his dad wanting to always know the score on the radio for baseball. Nothing else was funny at all. I laughed hardest when I told my own jokes to make fun of it. This show is the #1 waste of time on TV. Just forget it ever existed.
  • This show gives everyday comedians a chance to make it big. In a world where you live show to show the pressure to be 'on' is relentless. This show enables comics from select places around the globe (but mainly the US) to showcase there talents.

As a avid stand up comedy fan I can appreciate the show. I feel that its network status does provide limitations that many stand up comedians do not have to adhere to but overall it gives the comedians the freedom to leave it all on the stage and see who will be the last comic standing.
  • Wow!

This show is so enjoyable to me! First of all, if you're having a bad day by any chance. The show brings laughter into my life. I look forward to the hilarious performers! In this current season. Their are some wonderful semi-finalists! But, the judges sometimes cut my fav.'s which is probably the only bad part. In the auditions, you grow to love certain performers but they cut them b/f the semi-finals! This is always saddening. But, I do understand that is an international search. So they have to the BOMB. Anyways, I love this show. And, if you want a laugh come on in!
  • Wow!

• I love this show!

I love this show! This show is one of the best shows ever, I started watching it the first season and feel in love with Dat Phan, although he wasn't the best, he was good but not the best. This show is really inventive because America needed something that had comedy relief, this was the only show that really was original and wasn't out at the time and I think that is exactly what everyone needed because it has never happened before and we need something for the un-known comedians. I love this show and I hope it stays on for a long time because it rocks and its one of the best shows ever!
  • This show is terrible every episode I have watched I have not even cracked a smile. It's boring almost as bad as America's got talent.

1.1
    No one is really funny. I havent seen any one single person in it who is even close to having an HBO special or getting a comedy central contract at that. Its a complete waste of time just turn the channel when you see this on because its not a good show to watch. If your tired or can't sleep go ahead and watch it because you wont laught you will fall asleep fast. Its one of the only shows where i look forward to the commercials coming up. Dont waste your time there has to be something better on.
  • this show is pretty good, at least from season 2 on, I can't wait for the new episodes.

I hope they will have Jay Mohr host again, just because he is more of a comedian than the guys that hosted last year, the guy that was on that sitcom, I can't think of his name.. I'm not a huge Jay Mohr fan but he just did a better job up there and seemed more comfortable. Anyways I also hope the contestants are good as well, this show can get really interesting, and it's cool, to see some of the comics get exposure even if they don't make it far. It's also good to see some of the unfunny ones get exposed for that too, because then maybe I won't have to pay to see them at a comedy club. I think this show is really good and again I'm glad they have another season coming up in June.
  • American Idol's funny cousin.

In a world where stupid music talent shows rule, Last Comic Standing makes me proud. The show gives you so many different styles of comedy in every episode and it is a guaranteed laughfest. Now, some of the comedians couldn't get me to laugh if I had a gun to my head, but then there are the comedians that make me fall out of my chair. The good thing about this show is you see the faces you know from somewhere and then you see someone that you have never heard of before. This show is one of the best shows for anyone that likes stand-up comedy. While the fans don't always vote for the people that are funniest(how did Theo Von win the online vote?), it's still fun to watch. This show is a must-see every week.
  • A great reality show looking for the next big comedian.

This show is much better than all those other talent shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, that may just be because I hate those types of shows, but this show is great, I laugh through every episode. The comics that are in this season are great, I especially like Josh Blue and that fat guy with the wierd name. This show is also way better than shows like Just for Laughs because it actually makes me laugh. I can't wait to see next season and see how it turns out and hope that it keeps making me laugh all the way through.
  • It's primed for some good laughs

6.7
    But around the end of each season, most of the funniest stand ups are gone. I haven't seen Dat Phan sp.) since he's won for instance last season (2005). I'm tired of the PC nature of this show taking the bite out of the comics bits. To really find a great comic, you have to allow them to speak their mind unfettered. Therefore, network isn't the right venue for entertainers who were bred to shock and awe.
  • I watched Last Comic Standing last season and got all my friends and family into it as well. The show is really funny.

I have to say that I was very suprised to see Chris Porter leave tonight though. I thought he was really funny, probably the best comic they had. I think Josh Blue is funny too, but not as much as Chris was. It seems Josh's material is all about his disability, which I am glad he can joke around about himself, but am wondering if he is going to win because of it. Ty is usually pretty funny too, tonight I found both Ty and Josh a bit boring, but the show all in all is great, and I will watch the finale, and I would watch again next year if it is picked up again.
  • One of my favorite shows on television, summer or not.

Although the show has deteriorated since it's inaugural season it is still a fantastic show.

The one thing that has disappointed me over the years, especially this year, is the fact that we don't see enough of the comics acts to make a good decision as to which one we like and which ones we dislike. I'd rather have 35 minutes of challenges and voting and than the last 25 minutes to the head to head so that comics to could have 7-10 minute acts.

I also don't like some of the challenges, I think the challenges should pertain more to the comics improv skills and less towards their writing skills or at least have a happy medium.

Aside from those critiques I think the producers have done a good job with the show.
  • We love this show. It has to be the funnest show on TV. I just hope FOX I mean NBC doesn't cancel it before the last episode like last year.

I still do not understand why they waisted everybody’s time with the Very Unfunny Pregnant Woman. I am glad these Comics that repeat there same act are being booted. I think Nikki the girl with the Lisp should have made the house she was funny and original. (For those at NBC the word original means something that has not been done over and over again)
    I hope if this show comes back again and that some of the people from the Simi finales come back and try again. Because who ever was doing the picking for the house made a lot of errors. Now on to the Host I think Clark does a great job acting in a sitcom but when it comes to hosting, its worst than watching the guy from America’s funniest videos. Seems like they are trying to rush this show to the end I feel cheated not to here all the jokes. The roast seemed to be about ten minutes long. Thanks for reading. Honestly I love this show !!!
  • A very entertaining show.

Last Comic Standing is a really good show. I hate how its going so fast. It seems like yesterday they were just starting it. First they had the auditions, then they had the 40 then 20 and before you know it they are in the house. Now theres only 5 people left. Did anybody see whan they kicked off Gabreal? He did something bad, but I think kicking him off was a little drastic. every week I look forward to this show. I hope it goes until season 5 next year. My ony complaint is in the head-to-heads they have the audience vote. I dont think they get enough evidence on who really is the best. Otherwise this is a great show overall.
  • A great show

This show i way better than all those other talent shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, that may just be because I hate those types of shows, but this show is great, I laugh through every episode. The comics that are in this season are great, I especially like Josh Blue and that fat guy with the wierd name. This show is also way better than shows like Just for Laughs because it actually makes me laugh. I can't wait to see how this season turns out and hope that it keeps making me laugh all the way through.
  • trying to do too much at once

when thinking of this show, two words come to mind: Dan Natterman. i watched the semifinals a few seasons back, and Brett Butler and some of the other judges got upset because they had voted unanimously for Dan Natterman, and the producers overruled them "because he wasn't right for the house." so the point was, not to get the funniest people, but a mix that would involve conflict at the house. i would prefer they just pick the ten funniest people, period. there are enough reality shows out there that are all about the conflict. i would prefer this one be more about the talent. i still watch the show, to maybe get two or three laughs out of the hour. but it could be better.
  • Good show with tons of potential. Although changing hosts seems like a huge mistake.

The premise of the show is great. For all of those who love stand up comedy, it is a chance to see several relatively unknown comedians battle it out. Prior seasons included great comedians, this seasons batch are equally as funny. The only thing missing this season is Jay Mohr. Anthony Clark is a good comedian, but not a good host. At times he seems very awkward on stage, which is demostrated by the nervous quiver in his voice in one of the earlier episodes. Definetly not what you expect from a host. The drama early on with Stella was great. Her exiting early may have made the comedians happy, but was a detriment to the show. The comics seem to have their work cut out trying to over power show favorite Gabriel Iglesia.
  • A reality show looking for the best comics in america.

You know, im very glad that the show came back but i have a lot of negative thoughts about this season. I find the comedians funny but the cheap thing is instead of breaking 40 comics to 20 they just picked 12 for the house. Then, the house challenges are good but with the whole doouble elimination thing, and cutting two comics a week instead of one, it really feels like NBC is just trying to speed through the season. I dont know if its because of budget problems and couldnt make enough episodes or their just ttrying something new for the season. If they are trying something new, its really not that good
  • To have a venture that showcases raw comic talent to the nation is sheer genius. The show is fantastically entertaining. The hard work and effort of all is evident each season. It just needs to stay close to the original premise to manitain its ethics.

I have been a huge fan of LSC from the first season with Jay. By putting known working comics in the house this season, LSC seem to have veered from its\\\\\\\' original premise of giving unknown comic their first big break..Bil\\\\\\\'s
    slot should have been given to one of the unemployed, struggling, comic... However I will still be watching, voting nad picking the winner again this season...YEA!Hats off to the staff and crew for the fantastic job they do weeding through all the routines and presenting the best of the best...or worst.The end product is an awesomely entertaining show.
< 1 2