Last Exile Forums

techtv (ended 2004)

Awesome series

PerkyMcGiggles

[1]Jan 7, 2006
    • level: 3
    Just here to voice my opinion on it. It was an extremely awesome series, and anyone who is thinking about watching it, should. You won't regret it. You'll be sucked into this amazingly animated world. The characters, everything was just put together so nicely. 10/10 from me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mercyangel09

[2]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 15
    I actually had a friend say it was boring.

It is not boring! It's beautiful! I caught episode five or six on TechTV's Anime Unleashed and I was addicted. At first I was playing spot the voice actor, but then I was totally sucked into it. The next thing I knew, I was buying the DVDs with reckless abandon. Not a purchase I regeret.

I love this show!!!

rmuyo

[3]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think it is one of the best Gonzo studios anime out there, and a strangely often overlooked one, even though this one is so enjoyable and so excellently done!

mercyangel09

[4]Feb 8, 2006
    Studio Gonzo has this uncanny ability to do the most amazing things with anime. Hellsing and The Count of Monte Cristo come to mind too.

:drools:

^_^ I love it!

ZaleIsBackAgain

[5]Feb 9, 2006
    • level: 47
    After a couple episodes inot this anime, I was immediately absorbed into it. It was just so amazing from then on. The battle in the beginning was also one of the best war scenes I've seen.

mercyangel09

[6]Feb 15, 2006
    Oh yeah, this is high quality. Absolutely enthralling.

The_Fitz

[7]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 2

I Completely Agree This Series Shows Many Amazing Qualities That No Were Else Has Done Before and Made Sense.

The Fitz's Rating

A Must See

DaveJS124

[8]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 54
    This is a pretty old topic, but I might as well it keep alive a little while longer.

I agree with everything above ^^, LE was a great anime. But, it was overlooked a little

AkuaHope

[9]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 2
    I just spent a half hour trying to remember the title by googling anime flying machines and I got Nausicaa and Laputa, Castle in the sky, which also feature young protagonists and flying machines .... but then I finally added the word messengers.... and found again the title....

I spent months at wierd hours 4 a.m.s when tech TV ran this. this series led me to purchase DVR capbilities so I wouldn't miss an episode. Fabulous is not expalnation enough for all the gifts of this series such darkness and such light. The war and the transcendence,
    the sacrific and the insanity. It's really stunning and scary and so incredibly drawn. I much prefer this style of image making to the other two. I wonder though if this is a sub genre of flying machines and kids in the midst of war who have one or both parents missing and kid pilots and a kid with the key to transformation...

Yes I so agree that this series should be more widely acclaimed, more frequently aired, better known and seen because it is just that compelling.

Loveless3173

[10]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 6
     i agree! this was a really good show! the voices that were chosen for every character matched well and i think that is what made this show even better....HAha!! i really loved this show!!

wyntrice

[11]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 5
    i agree with everyone. this is one of the best tv shows i've ever seen yet no one's heard of it! anyone who might just want to watch it should.

GtheB12

[12]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    WOW this is soAwesome this is the only cartoon or anime i have ever seen and watch i just discovered this about last week and i am already on 23 out of the 26 episodes... wow is there anything else out there like this????

KingofIPirates

[13]May 12, 2011
    • level: 32
    Thought this was a pretty good series though the ending could've been wrapped up better.