Last Man Standing

Baxter & Sons

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 21, 2012 on ABC

• Mike and his brother Jim bicker with each other

Ed gives Mike the decision whether or not to put his brother in charge of building the next Outdoor Man. Meanwhile the girls help Bud find a girlfriend by creating an online profile. I thought that this was a superb episode of "Last Man Standing". It wasn't my favorite episode but it was still enjoyable to watch and brings many laughs. It was good to see both Mike's brother and father for the first time. Tim Allen does do a good job in his career and one of things that he does make very entertaining in a movie/tv show is bickering. This episode between Mike and his brother Jim involved a ton of bickering which was entertaining to see. I'll admit, though, my score is a little low because some of Mike and Jim's arguments were getting pretty annoying. Other arguments that Mike and Jim had were pretty hilarious. There were many laughs in this episode to be delivered and the storyline was fantastic for the most part. Also, I enjoyed seeing Frankie Muniz guest star in this episode since we don't see him on television or movies anymore so good to see him back on television at least for this one episode. Overall, a superb episode of "Last Man Standing"... it wasn't my favorite but it's entertaining. 9/10
  • Mike clashes with brother.

Ed wants Mike to make the decision of whether or not to hire his brother, Jim for the job of building the next Outdoor Man, but Mike is not a big fan of his brother, who is accused of making everything a competition. The "sibling rivalry" is one storyline that Tim Allen is one of the best in the business to watch perform in. They picked the perfect pair to serve as Mike's brother and father as well. Mike Rowe was spectacular. The episode was funny as the bickering bothers were finally able to come to some kind of agreement at the end with Ed. The subplot was hardly anything, and only received two or three or four scenes, as Mandy, who thinks Bud is lonely without their grandmother, creates a profile for him on an online dating site. While he's appreciative of the action, he admits he already has a girlfriend, so that's that. That subplot was less than "meh" but the episode was still a great one, one of the best of the series so far.