Last Man Standing Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Alexandra Krosney has been fired, replaced by Amanda Fuller

Just_Jos

[1]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 11

Alexandra Krosney (Kristin) has been fired from the show due to "creative reasons". The role will be recast. Also, Tim Doyle who previously worked on such shows like ''Still Standing'' and ''The Big Bang Theory'', will be the new showrunner replacing Kevin Abbott, who replaced show creator Jack Burditt in the middle of the first season.

Sources: http://tvline.com/2012/06/11/last-man-standing-alexandra-krosney-leaving/#more-336408

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/tim-doyle-joins-abcs-last-man-standing-as-new-showrunner/

Really disappointed about this, I enjoyed Alexandra on this show and was familiar with her work before then, gonna miss her.

Update, Amanda Fuller is playing Kristin now. I'm not exactly familiar with her work, but she has guest starred in a few TV shows that I like. Also, Flynn Morrison is the new child actor playing Boyd.

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/10/last-man-standing-tim-allen-abc/

Edited on 08/10/2012 4:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

irehawk20

[2]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 9

I have a feeling that all three girls playing three daughters are CORNY AND SOUR! Sorry for the killjoy!

Just_Jos

[3]Jul 2, 2012

irehawk20 wrote:

I have a feeling that all three girls playing three daughters are CORNY AND SOUR! Sorry for the killjoy!

So you think the two other actresses should be replaced, too.

pudgebyrd722

[4]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 51
    Boyd is going to replaced by a five-year-old, too! So many changes, it will be a totally different show next season.

Disappointed about Alexandra Krosney being fired for sure. If anybody, I would have preferred Molly Ephraim. (Mandy)

Just_Jos

[5]Jul 14, 2012

pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    Boyd is going to replaced by a five-year-old, too! So many changes, it will be a totally different show next season. Disappointed about Alexandra Krosney being fired for sure. If anybody, I would have preferred Molly Ephraim. (Mandy)

Boyd being replaced with an older kid actor is no big deal, that's been happening in sitcoms about families for many years. While I am going to miss Alexandra, i just hope that the actress they get to replace her is just as good. Also, its unfortunate you don't like Molly, in my honest opinion she is the funniest of the three daughters.

irehawk20

[6]Jul 26, 2012

Just_Jos wrote:

irehawk20 wrote:

I'm 100% positive they too need to be replaced also!

Just_Jos

[7]Aug 3, 2012

irehawk20 wrote:

Just_Jos wrote:

irehawk20 wrote:

I'm 100% positive they too need to be replaced also!

Then the show would be totally ruined if that was the case.

irehawk20

[8]Aug 23, 2012

The daughters are obnoxious, what are you talking about?

Just_Jos

[9]Aug 24, 2012

OK, but the daughters are what makes the show, despite Tim Allen being the star.

Amazon_Hollow

[10]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 8

Okay! This really doesn't change things at all one bit... I will still like the character of "Kristen & Eve" alot more better than Mandy is well put.

Well, maybe Last Man Standing's Season 2 is some kind of reboot of Season 1. And Kristen Baxter is seen more at the house & her job as waitress and much more funnier than ever before.

And hold on your thinking caps here... Last Man Standing is still a brand new show starting out. We have to get use to of the show again and everybody with the new changes & tunes. And probably this time all the daughters are likeble on diffenrt note than Season 1. And the house & the outdoor business both will be likeble as well than Season 1.

You can't say Tim Allen let us down at all. Because it isn't his fault from the begin with really. Tim Allen can leave at anytime from this show like the first Kristen did. He doesn't really have to be apart of this madness ABC Network wirting at all. He can get his grining money from filming into Movies, and not getting em by each week per episodes of a Tv Series on Television. And i tought Tim Allen was upset about his new gig show, Last Man Standing getting beaten by others into the ratings. And that is one of the reasons why it gotten more to Fridays Nights and coming later to the Fall Schedule in November.

xfrantix

[11]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 2

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Okay! This really doesn't change things at all one bit... I will still like the character of "Kristen & Eve" alot more better than Mandy is well put.

Well, maybe Last Man Standing's Season 2 is some kind of reboot of Season 1. And Kristen Baxter is seen more at the house & her job as waitress and much more funnier than ever before.

And hold on your thinking caps here... Last Man Standing is still a brand new show starting out. We have to get use to of the show again and everybody with the new changes & tunes. And probably this time all the daughters are likeble on diffenrt note than Season 1. And the house & the outdoor business both will be likeble as well than Season 1.

After 1 episode, I think Alexandra Krosney was so much better. If they're taking the direction that she's going to just be there as a protagonist, it's a horrible direction to take. She went from a hard working young lady going to college, who got pregnant in HS to some mature activist with a 5 year old?

Bad direction. Completely different dynamic. I'll give you reboot... We'll see how it continues, if this is it, I'll grow tired of the entire protagonist approach quickly.

All I found nice is the story with him and Mandy and making sure she voted even if it wasn't for who he wanted.

Edited on 11/02/2012 5:51pm

KittyKat75

[12]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 1

I think the new Kristin seems older than the original. I didn't care for her that much, but, that character never seems to be as interesting, anyway. Mandy is the silly character who provides a lot of laughs. Eve is the smart one and Kristin is just there. I wonder why A. k. was fired.

BrookeParker

[13]Nov 2, 2012
    • level: 12
    Read about that. Wow. Also, the season 2 premiere was bland/decent.

hockeydude

[14]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 1

Terrible move, watched the show last season, i liked it, part of that was nostalgia to the home alone days but i thought the show really gained traction towards the end. i was pushing people to watch it. they were getting into it a bit.

Just watched the first episode of the new season, had no idea coming in. I don't mind making boyd a bit older but i really dont like the new daughter. If this show doesn't pick up soon I'll be gone.

YasirAshfaq

[15]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 4

jst strted watching the episode...n WTF... jst hated the new daughter

Edited on 11/02/2012 11:27pm

Just_Jos

[16]Nov 3, 2012

After watching season premiere, I'll admit I do have mixed feelings about Amanda Fuller's performance as Kristin. I believe after I watch more episodes, I'll get used to her. Still miss Alexandra Krosney, though.

Slash_out

[17]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 5

I actually like the daughters. While they are stereotypes I like the roles and the actresses, they are funny.

So the actress change felt very weird to me too. I had NO idea and went in there and saw this new girl as soon as the show started and I just didn't get who she was or what she was doing there, until they started speaking...

I'll give the actress a chance, but I HATE changes in actors, I hate the theme they chose for the first episode too. So as far as I am concerned, this is not of to a good start.

All that change also takes me off the show. I like Last man standing because it was a comfortable show, something predictable you can watch easily. Now it feels different.

haldrey

[18]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    Amanda Fuller performance as Kristin just passable but since they are just supporting cast I do not mind. The season premiers was also just passable,, maybe because politics should stay out of TV shows.

irehawk20

[19]Nov 5, 2012

I hate to tell you this:

1) Kristen change was okay.

2) Mandy needs to be changed.

3) Eve also needs to be changed.

4) If this show keeps on getting bad, PLEASE let Tim Allen return to the movies immediately!!!

gudendk

[20]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    i am really unhappy with the Kristin change, i liked Alexandra much better than the new one...