Last Man Standing Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Julie Harpin gives LMS a D+

drudager

[1]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 13

http://www.tv.com/news/midseason-report-card-how-are-the-falls-new-comedies-holding-up-27859/

Tim Allen plays a manly-man named Mike Baxter who has to deal with the "difficult" task of living with his wife and three daughters. Oh no! How could anyone possibly handle that? For some reason, this show is getting excellent ratings, and because of that I can only infer that Tim Allen has psychic powers and is somehow forcing people to tune in. The characters are shallow, the jokes aren't funny, and the plots aren't interesting. For example, when Mike found out that his daughter's boyfriend slept over, it triggered a tirade about how his house has gotten too womanly: He's sick of seeing cat websites on the computer and bras left out to dry in the bathroom. Get over it, Tim Allen, er, Mike. Cat websites are adorable and if you put bras in drier the elastic stretches out.

My grade: D+

---------

Only the aborted "Man Up" received a worse grade.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pudgebyrd722

[2]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 51

Meh..Undecided

drudager

[3]Mar 10, 2012
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Meh..Undecided

I think the lesson here is "men and women shouldn't watch TV together". Because clearly they have different ideas on what's plausible and what's not. The whole point of the show is that Mike trapped in a woman's world-hell, and he's just not going to stand for that. Somebody ought to snap Julie Harpin's bra!

Amazon_Hollow

[4]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 8

drudager wrote:
    pudgebyrd722 wrote:

Meh..Undecided

I think the lesson here is "men and women shouldn't watch TV together". Because clearly they have different ideas on what's plausible and what's not. The whole point of the show is that Mike trapped in a woman's world-hell, and he's just not going to stand for that. Somebody ought to snap Julie Harpin's bra!

Who you think are judging peoples interest, by a Tv Program material and sourse of terms?

No, Men & Women get along great watching Tv together... And also Men & Woman are not totally different to each other. They do like the same idea things half of the time. It's just comes to, what kind of person you're interests into the same things to your Friends, Husband, Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend.

Would Women have the same interest to you, watch Horror stories and Supernatural?

The Answer Is: Yes/No

Would Women have the same interest to you, watch Action stories and with Sci-Fi?

Would Women have the same interest to you, watch Action/Adventures stories and with Fantany?

Would Women have the same interest to you, watch Sports and working into the Garage?

Would Women have the same interest to you, watch Western movies and playing Video Games?

And,

Last Man Standing has move away from Tim Allen's character Mike Baxter being stuck into women's world. Because the outdoor is Men contact for men sport business store. I've not seen a successful women working on board at the outdoor business. After Ed's wonderful daughter was apart of the program with them. Wait a min here... Ed's daughter was apart of the program and business at the outdoor store. See... Women can do everything Men can do... But it's Yes and No... What can of interest Men & Women have to each other likeing the same idea things one another.

And Last Man Standing is for both contact interest for Men & Women.

Men:

- Mike

- Ed

- Kyle

- Boyd

Women:

- Vanessa

- Kristin

- Mandy

- Eve

Since Tim Allen is the major land character of the show. It's more target contact for men more than the ladies. Yes, Mike Baxter is the only successful guy out of the Baxter Family. But that doesn't change the fact Last Man Standing is all women & girly at all. It's quite opposite to the matter fact of Cougar Town series. And Last Man Standing is really target contact for both Guys & Ladies interest.... Last Man Standing is the type of show, everybody can sent back and watch together as a family both Men & Women.

kanniballl

[5]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 18

I like the show.

Granted, it's just your normal Tim Allen stuff... in a lot of ways it's a lot like Home Improvement. He'd go on his little rants on the show about how things have changed, men are wimpy, nobody wants to admit they really want a Hot Rod for a car, etc.

Same thing here, only instead of on Tool Time it's in his web casts... and he gets angrier.

In many ways the home life is the same between those two shows, he's constantly battling with how he wants to act and how he wants things to be... with what reality is like with having a wife and kids.

In all, I think the show is decent. I don't think it's going to last THAT long, but I'd be sad to see it go.

drudager

[6]Apr 3, 2012
    kanniballl wrote:

In many ways the home life is the same between those two shows, he's constantly battling with how he wants to act and how he wants things to be... with what reality is like with having a wife and kids.

You'd think he learned his lesson after his 1st family not to do it again with another family, lol.

He is definitely most angrier. Almost to the point of psycho scary-angry. I guess a lifetime of being grizzled will do that to a person. If Tim Allen was pissed off in the easy-go 1990s, then he will most definitely be pushing a heart attack-stroke with this generation. One thing I noticed they shouldn't have done was put Michigan references in this - supposed to be a different world & doesn't fit with the whole Denver theme.

Also noticed the show hasn't been on the schedule for the past two weeks because of Dancing with the Star rhetoric.

Amazon_Hollow

[7]Apr 20, 2012

Wow! I cannot believe my own eyes at all what's so ever. I am one only, and only truely fan to Tim Allen and Last Man Standing around here. Just looked at this place of a forum it's quite empty. I am the only truely fan, is posting to heart about Tim Allen and Last Man Standing.

Amazon_Hollow

[8]May 1, 2012

If people didn't see Tim Allen's career beyond or during Home Improvment? Don't stay anything at all, It's sample as that. There is more to Tim Allen than Home Improvement. And you actually don't know Tim Allen very well, but know him from Home Improvment.

You people can say anything you want about Tim Allen. You people can believe, what you want about Tim Allen. I am truely sorry to tell you this here... You're truely serious dead wrong, what you think about Tim Allen. Why are you people even posting on this fourm for? When you don't even like the main subject character and star of the Tv Series playing out. It's a waste of time complaining about some thing or some one, you don't even like at all.

Heck, Tim Allen will be the only reason Last Man Standing will survive for Season 2. He's like the trademark of the series sitcom.

Amazon_Hollow

[9]May 14, 2012

I'm Back! It is great being back home...

Told you all, Tim Allen was the main reason Last Man Standing survive for Season 2. He's like the trademark of the series sitcom.

Last Man Standing is renewed for a Season 2.