Last Man Standing Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Last Man Standing: Reference Breakdown

Amazon_Hollow

[1]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Last Man Standing: Reference Breakdown

Spot how many times ABC show reference of their older programming to Last Man Standing.

I've catch quite of afew of time during the 1 hour debut Series Premiere.

1. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The House Stage Layout Theme

2. Family Matters - Tim Allen as Mike Baxter was kinda acting bit like Steve Urkel on the cam

3. Growing Pains - The whole entirely Family are totally likeble to watch

4. Full House - Tim Allen as Mike Baxter was acting like Jesse Katsopolis, by pulling the baby out from day care

5. Home Improvement - The Outdoor is kinda like the hardware store

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thribs

[2]Oct 12, 2011

A lot of Tim Allen's lines were references on other projects he worked on.

Amazon_Hollow

[3]Dec 11, 2011

So far, Last Man Standing has been similar to past work programming than the present programming mostly.

Such as Home Improvemet, Full House, Step by Step, Growing Pains, Boy Meets World and Blossom

And, the only show it's similar to into the present, is "Melissa & Joey" by far than anything else.

pudgebyrd722

[4]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 51
    In the Christmas episode, Mike said, "Me in a Santa suit? I don't think so." Remember his performance in the three Santa Clause movies as Kris Kringle himself?

Amazon_Hollow

[5]Dec 12, 2011

pudgebyrd722 wrote:
    In the Christmas episode, Mike said, "Me in a Santa suit? I don't think so." Remember his performance in the three Santa Clause movies as Kris Kringle himself?

Yeah, of course i do remember Tim Allen's lines callings from his movies. And i sure love hearing them again as references in Last Man Standing, by Tim Allen the oringal person who says them. We probaby will hear alot more Tim Allen films lines callings than what he said on Home Improvement.

Well, i do remenber Tim Allen always has been over all his lines & acting actions into other projects. And Home Improvement was the first example for that matter. After the first picture films of Toy Story & The Santa Clause, it come references showing up during the run of Home Improvement. And some of their Christmas Holiday Specials came similar to The Santa Clause Film. Such as one episode, when Al dressing up as Santa Claus & Tim dressing up as a Elf. That scene was reference similar to Scott Calvin/Santa Claus by Tim Allen & Bernard the Head Elf from The Santa Clause. And in 2 episodes Buzz Lightyear was reference mentioned, one in a Halloween Episode Special, as somebody dressed up as Buzz at the Taylor's House. And two in an episode, Tim Allen's character was find holding a Buzz Lightyear action figure.

So Last Man Standing isn't really new bringing these Tim Allen's references adaptaions based from his films record. I say Tim Allen likes to re-say his best key lines, and bring them into films or tv series's story script. It's all Tim Allen himself, not the show it's self. You can tell real easy, when his character is the only one involving around these references and say them as well also.

Well, Last time i heard Tim Allen say, To infinity... and beyond! line from Toy Story as Buzz Lightyear. It was when since The Shaggy Dog film, as The Shaggy Dog. Tim Allen's reference To infinity... and beyond! was mentioned close never the end of the film. And now, he re-said it again in the second episode of Last Man Standing.

drudager

[6]Dec 12, 2011
    • level: 13
    Ah. I watched Home Improvement when it debuted and seen every episode probably at least 7 times (the first few seasons easily 20 times each) yet I have never seen a single Tim Allen movie. Had no idea. I really didn't need a haunting refresher on all those other past ABC sitcoms, tho. Those can stay back in their eras.

Amazon_Hollow

[7]Dec 13, 2011

drudager wrote:
    I really didn't need a haunting refresher on all those other past ABC sitcoms, tho. Those can stay back in their eras.

No, It's not really who came from what generation now or than. It's more of a similar type theme style to another based program. Now a days may so be on their own standard terms. But they still manage come cross having similar connections to older based programming. They're not gonna drop past older programming has similar base to new programming. When it comes cross being into the similar based way as it.

And, Family Sitcoms use more of their imagination ideas, with parents, children, friends, neighbors, jobs and school. And also has cooler Holiday Specials Episodes including as well. And even we see in most Family Sitcoms, 1 or 2 cast members/characters dress-up like Santa Claus for an Christmas Episode. And Family Sitcoms also has vacations traps, to Disney Land or World, Camping, Bowling and other traps some place else.

I am pretty sure Last Man Standing has similar connections to older based programming. Like it already has similar theme style to Home Improvement and other Family Sitcoms will following along as well with it.

Amazon_Hollow

[8]Jan 21, 2012

I've notice Tim Allen as Mike Baxter has a anger moments at the Outdoor business. I think it's cause forced on his Family or Co-Workers. It was first appear in The Santa Clause 2, when Tim Allen was known as Toy Santa taking control of the north pole and work shop. But this turn of ability is more darker than his appearance as Toy Santa. It's like Tim Allen has grian whole new acting still. When his character Mike Baxter gets angry time to time during the show.

pudgebyrd722

[9]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 51
    The daughters were watching, according to Mandy, "Paranormal Activity 2" which Molly Ephraim (Mandy) herself starred in.