Last Man Standing Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Laugh track

C4lm

[1]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 9

First off, I've been enjoying this show, i liked Home Improvements and this is basically the same thing.

But!!!

I'm about 5 min into the latest episode (s01e21, Wherefore Art Thou, Mike Baxter) and the laugh track has irritated me to the point where i've had to turn it off! The funny thing is i don't even recall hearing/noticing it in previous episodes.

Is it new, is it especially irritating in this episode, or is it just me?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[2]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 13
    No it's been there before, and I noticed it right away in some episodes with the poor audio quality of it & the repetitiveness use. Once you notice it, you can't un-notice it. I'm wondering if it's either a lack of a studio audience for that taping or if the episode just wasn't funny enough; or both.

Amazon_Hollow

[3]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 8

Listen, People!

Sitcoms Shows are taped right front of Live Audiences into a Studio on stage. And all of their stage sets locations of the show, are close together side by side on stage into one place like big castle or mension. They make it seem like the locations appears into show are some place else, to be more realistic than fake. That's way we see the cast/characters leave off/come back so quickly. Because the characters location they're going to, is actually next door to another stage set location. When the cast members to the series film pair episodes. They've Live Audiences into a Studio with them while filming. Well Sitcoms Shows had the Live Audiences along side, to the cast/characters and series for long time now. Since the 1940's, 1950's, 1960's and 1970's at least or so... The Live Audiences ain't there trying make us laugh at random things or stuff. It's there making Sitcoms Series, to be as a Sitcom Show as a symbol terms. More differently than Comedy Films is well put directly used of material. And also as Christmas/Halloween decorations put on walls and dressing up our houses or yards. Maybe or Probably Sitcoms can be like live entertainment stage play at some theater and we're Live Audiences watching the play.

And

Why would i laugh at the Audiences anyway? Taking them so seriously with their laughter evey 5 seconds. They're just a symbol as a decoration to the series. Making a sitcom series, what it is as a sitcom show. I laugh when the cast members/characters is really funny & say funny jokes and does funny stunts.

Amazon_Hollow

[5]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 8

Who in the right mind want to laugh at the laugh track anyway? And taking it so seriously with their laughter evey 5 seconds. They're just a symbol as a decoration to the series. Making a sitcom series, what it is as a sitcom show than a Comedy Films are well put. The cast members/characters of the show are suppore to be there draw out the laugh track away, with their incredible/wonderful tasted acting or stunts abilities making us laugh. It's their show for one here, not the Audiences or the sound machine's at all. We laugh at the cast/characters of the show and also the guest-starring roles as well. Not the stuff happens into back ground behind stage of the show. If you worry & complaining about the Audiences or the sound machine of the show? That's what makes the show end up getting cancelled off the air completely. Because you're not really giving the right support to the Cast/Characters of the show doing the main event course.

Edited on 04/17/2012 6:01pm

MagicalMeow

[10]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 2
    I'm always against laugh tracks. It is almost like they are telling you when to laugh. It really is a shame they included one on this as it is funny enough, and as of a decent quality so you will be laughing anyway. (or turning it off if it's season 2 ugh).

A lot of poor quality shows use laugh tracks to make it seem funny, when really it is not. Like the big bang theory for example. The laugh track comes on and it's like "errrr what is funny about that?" and it comes on so often that really why not just play laughing every second and get it over with? I know this show is popular, and hate me or not but the characters in the show are all annoying, and the writing is BAD).