Last Man Standing Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

"Pilot" discussion

thribs

[1]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 8

Please discuss the pilot of Last Man standing here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 17

Weak, but it's still a lot better than "Cougar Town". I will keep watching it if it manages to stay on the air.

Amazon_Hollow

[3]Oct 12, 2011

Wow! Just like i thought it would be. I enjoyed evey bit of it. Oh, Man! the whole entire Baxter Family are actually really likeble to watch. ABC didn't really have whole entirely Family actually really likeble to watch since Growing Pains. I guess Tim Allen isn't just the only funny one at play on the series this time around. It appears the Baxter Family are going back & forth being just comical funny characters. Well, I'm not even sure this even comes matching to Home improvement at all. Just because it stars Tim Allen and have 3 of kind children into the family. It doesn't really mean it's like Home Improvement competely as same alike. And fact the children are even older this time around all grown-up, not much raising up by the girls but maybe the baby. I think Last Man Standing is more like Growing Pains than any other program. Well, Last Man Standing & Home Improvement may come cross being similar to each other on different other matters. But I don't see it being competely as same as Home Improvement really. I am actually having hard choise, who is my favorite character after Tim Allen. That is because everybody is quite funny & watchble to watch. And Last Man Standing, 2 Broke Grils, The Big Bang Theory are my sitcom comedies a week be watching.

Ray1905

[4]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    I liked it and I'm going to watch that show whenever I can, there are many similarities with Home Improvement and why not, Home improvement was a great success.
    I like Tim's humor, I hope this show can last a few season.

zan4

[5]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 10
    i like it.

thribs

[6]Oct 12, 2011

I did notice a lot of Home Improvement references, which was nice!

thribs

[7]Oct 12, 2011

When are we going to meet their mysterious neighbour?

Just_Jos

[8]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 11

thribs wrote:

I did notice a lot of Home Improvement references, which was nice!

What "Home Improvement" references?, I don't remember any. Anyway, I LOVED the first two episodes. I knew I was going to LOVE this show even before it premiered. So glad Tim Allen is back on TV.

Amazon_Hollow

[9]Oct 13, 2011

thribs wrote:

When are we going to meet their mysterious neighbour?

Well,

The mysterious neighbour is John Ratzenberger, who voiced the Pig in Toy Story along side to Tim Allen. He already played a mysterious neighbour on Melissa & Joey near the end of Season 1. So, i guess John Ratzenberger is gonna do the same in Last Man Standing as well, star next to his co-star from Toy Story.

or

The mysterious neighbour, can also be by Blake Clark as well. Blake Clark played the former owner of the hardware store in Home Improvement along side to Tim Allen in quite of afew Seasons. And also he co-star next to Tim Allen in Toy Story 3 voiced the Dog into Jim Varney's place.

So,

The mysterious neighbour in Last Man Stanting, not actually credit to the series. But, being just only a guest-star appearance. It will mostly like end up being John Ratzenberger or Blake Clark. Who had their time history with Tim Allen, co-starring into afew projects.

Just maybe something will happen down a line to the series. Tim Allen's character Mike Baxter's Boss will move in next door, to the Baxter's Family. And then the series will have credit neighbour to Last Man Standing.

Yaspaa

[10]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 79
    It was very pilot-y, coming over as cheap, there was something there though, I suspect it will get much better. Kudos to Heisenburg though for reviewing an entire show after a single episode, what a star. :/

Heisenburg

[11]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 2

Yaspaa wrote:
    It was very pilot-y, coming over as cheap, there was something there though, I suspect it will get much better. Kudos to Heisenburg though for reviewing an entire show after a single episode, what a star. :/

If I remember right, the premier consisted of two back-to-back episodes. Regardless, I wouldn't do that normally, but I didn't laugh once during the entire show. It would have to make a complete 180 for me to change my opinion.

Amazon_Hollow

[12]Oct 14, 2011

Heisenburg wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

If I remember right, the premier consisted of two back-to-back episodes. Regardless, I wouldn't do that normally, but I didn't laugh once during the entire show. It would have to make a complete 180 for me to change my opinion.

I guess you're quite afew people who didn't laugh at Last Man Standing or the ahead star of the series. But everybody else not yourself would've died with laughter watching the show and Tim Allen. Wow! You're quite boring here... OMG! You need to grow some sense of humor for god sakes. If you don't like the show at all. Well there're many channels on Tv package, you can choose from watching on the day of Tuesday. It's easy... Just pick up the remote control and chick thru the channels see what else is on.

SonicHogWiz91

[13]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 3

Will this or Man Up be better, just to compare the two shows. I like LMS and and I will watch Man Up too. I will probably compare these shows myself, but I want to hearyour view too.

jimcrowl2

[14]Oct 15, 2011
    I enjoyed having Tim Allen back, although it will be hard to beat Home Improvement. I think a great plot twist would be on one holiday episode to introduce his three grown kids from a previous marriage, the three boys from Home Improvement!

Amazon_Hollow

[15]Oct 15, 2011

jimcrowl2 wrote:
    I enjoyed having Tim Allen back, although it will be hard to beat Home Improvement. I think a great plot twist would be on one holiday episode to introduce his three grown kids from a previous marriage, the three boys from Home Improvement!

Well,

Wait a min here....

Isn't the children alot older this time around than the children on Home Improvemet. That's just make it less feeling being like Home Improvement. Because there isn't much raising up going on the girls. The only raising on see on Last Man Standing, is the oldest girl's son baby boy. Episode 2 expains it all about the only raising up is on the baby, and not to much on the girls at all.

Does Home Improvement have their own cable show called Tool Time with Al supporting along side. Oh, Man! This time in Last Man Standing, Tim Allen's character Mike Baxters got a real job, is present into one stage appearance of the show. That's just make it less feeling being like Home Improvement.

How can you compare Last Man Standing to Home Improvement? They're not competely like to each other at all.

Yes, it stars Tim Allen. Yes, it has 3 of kind children into the family. But, that doesn't mean it come cross being like how Home Improvement did really.

First of all, Home Improvement had raising up on the children boys. Last Man Standing doesn't have raising up on the girls.

second of all, Tim Allen as Mike Baxters is still into play raising up a boy. The oldest girl's son out of the family.

third of all, Home Improvement was in 2 stages go back & forth to Tool Time & Home. Last Man Standing doesn't have 2 stages go back & forth to a show & family.

Actually,

It's not Home Improvement from the Old Generation. It's not Last Man Standing of the New Generation.

It's just only Tim Allen all it matters here....

Heisenburg

[16]Oct 18, 2011

Amazon_Hollow wrote:

Heisenburg wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

I guess you're quite afew people who didn't laugh at Last Man Standing or the ahead star of the series. But everybody else not yourself would've died with laughter watching the show and Tim Allen. Wow! You're quite boring here... OMG! You need to grow some sense of humor for god sakes. If you don't like the show at all. Well there're many channels on Tv package, you can choose from watching on the day of Tuesday. It's easy... Just pick up the remote control and chick thru the channels see what else is on.

Hang on a second...not liking this show equals not having a sense of humor?

haldrey

[17]Oct 19, 2011
    • level: 22
    I loved Home improvement and I am loving this new Tim Allen show. It is the same good old Tim. Three episodes down and it is getting better with each one.

that70sshow2000

[19]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 15
    I remember reading years ago how reviews and critics dissed Home Improvement early in its first season saying that it wouldn't last. Yet it lasted 8 seasons. It takes a new show some episodes to find itself and whatnot.

So far, it's pretty much a run-of-the-mill family sitcom. Although I do think it's so far better than the other sitcoms Ive seen on ABC and CBS... say, Cougar Town, Matthew Perry's train wreck show, Still Standing, etc.

I do get a Home Improvement-y feel when I watch. And it's cool they have each kid at a different stage, 17, 13, and elementary years old. I'l keep watching, since there's nothing else on at 8pm.

Amazon_Hollow

[20]Dec 13, 2011

Heisenburg wrote:

Hang on a second...not liking this show equals not having a sense of humor?

Hang on a min here... I thought we suppose to have sense of humor. Actually get what sitcoms or comedy is about with funny jokes, funny references and funny stunts.

If you're seeing sitcoms has some boring background drama family playing house? You don't know what comedy or sitcoms is all about at all. Yes, you sure do need grow some sense of humor. That's the main part there really... Wow!

Edited on 12/13/2011 10:21am
    Edited 2 total times.