Last Resort Forums

ABC (ended 2013)

help i dont understand it

Ingelief

[1]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 7

hi there,

For the first time ive got really much trouble understanding this serie. I dont get alot of it. Al the tech stuff they say to each other on the boat? Also why was the Unit guy first in prisoning and now on the boat again? how does the ranks there go, only the captain i get. the rest what is who to everybody?

Then there is the storyline, they have been hit after questioning if the order of shooting was ok. Why in the world would that happen. Im not american but americans love there own and protect there own.. very patrionism.

And at home they know who fired at them, the other sub right? so if that is clear what is the issue?

And really on a island where there is a drugs boss running it? they have more wapens and skills why let them take 3 guys and not go after them to take them back. instead they are picking up cargo for the drugsboss.. while the circle around the island which they declared? is the only savety zone.

So very confused.. Hope some of you experienced with boat tech can help me around, or navy understanding.

THX

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fanboy34

[2]Oct 24, 2012
    • level: 11

Don't worry about any of it too much, friend. This whole thing is nonsense and will fade away like last season's Jurassic Time Warp (Terra Nova) and The Event(?) for pretty much the same reasons. The entire concept is too silly to be kept going for very long without imploding in the minds of even the most wishful viewer. The biggest puzzle is who keeps funding these high-concept junk dramas. I'm trying to think if there has been anything that was both interesting and good since Scott Bakula did Quantum Leap. I don't mean shows that relied on teen heart throbs or a "good internet buzz" to get going. I mean a show you're not embarrassed to admit watching five or ten years down the way.

Sp3kkie

[3]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 7

This show is not about the tech stuff. Its about right and wrong for the crew man.

As far as the crew. The captain is the boss, the XO is second in command. Cobb (the man in prison) is kind of the chief of staff. He commands the crew. They released him cause the crew listens more to him than to them. As far as the woman, I am not sure.

They fired at the submarine cause the Seal team made a mistake and they wanted to cover up that story with nuking the country. A bit too muchI know, and that maybe something that makes the show a little less great. But when they started to ask questions and refused the command they were witnesses to the problem.

As far as thedrug lord. He has the whole community so killing him would mean trouble with the whole village/ island. Also maybe a bit hard to believe, but it makes apossibilityfor morestory linesand better entertainment

ma_liky

[4]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 13

This is how I understood the story.

Their submarine is high tech, the best in the world, it has some high tech software that hides them, they are invisible for others. They have the most nuclear heads, they are the best submarine in the world. They get command to nuck Avganistan. But at the last minute they decide not to follow the orders cause they didnt get the order fom the regular channel. So they are attacked by their own people and they are forced to run and hide. They find a island that is low in population and has a NATO base. And all the captain wants is to find out why they were attacked. And the story unfolds. They got the order to nuck Avganistan moments after they rescued some navyseals. It rises a questions, and why was the order put in the wrong channel? These questions are good for the whole story it drives it. So to be considered for real, the Captain trow one nuclear bomb in the Atlantic Ocean near New York. And everything that happens on the sub and on the island, like people being in-between wanting to go home and wanting to know why they were attacked, or they are doubting their Captain, is completly with the story line. It is going in the right direction from my point of view.

This show and the Arrow is only new shows I like this season. Cheers Laughing

Edited on 11/09/2012 8:06am

fanboy34

[5]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 11

Less than 30 days later, the axe has now fallen. Only the 13 episodes and no more.