Last Resort

Voluntold

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2012 on ABC

• Drilling Season

The problem with your pilot being the best episode of network television all season is that it sets a really high bar. Like you already launched the Nuke. 24 didn't even do that until like 8 episode in.

Submarine drills just don't have the same stakes as real fights. I liked the way they dealt with the morale issue, and I also like that you've kept some disgruntled crewman for future requirements. I don't need the entire crew on the brink of mutiny for the entire show, but it's nice to have some dissenters for required plot points in the future.

I don't care about XO's wife at all, hopefully she'll join up with Autumn Reeser and start being relevant. I was impressed that they reveal her dad behind the theft right away, as the secrecy angle of that story didn't have legs.

The Washington story line needs to move faster, there have been zero reveals of new information regarding the main mystery. I'm somewhat glad this show isn't fairing great in the ratings because it feels like it could rock a fantastic single season with some really strong stories and wrap everything up tidily in 24 episodes.

I'm speaking as someone with zero military experience, so hopefully someone with better information that me can confirm this. Robert Patrick's portrayal of military men (this, The Unit) seems very good. I completely believe him in these roles. Between him and Andre I think the Navy is well represented.

All told, not enough is happening for me each week. It's a very good show, but I think it needs to embrace the fact that it's a one season show. Hopefully ABC will give it a back 9 and there can be some very tight writing in the second half.
  • Brilliant!

This was probably my least favourite episode of the season but nonetheless it still deserves a perfect ten from me!

The storyline is amazingly intriguing and the character development for various characters was spot on in that episode!

Interesting scenes with the grenade and all that happned there!

I a m just really intruigued by this show! It is great!
  • Great, just great

Awesome show

Love the casting

Characters are all smart, powerfull. strong

Setting is nice
  • Clever Title

This war a great episode, maybe the second best (after the pilot).

Hey, Stargate Universe. This is how you deal with moral problems.

I never thought that arc would be interesting, but the suspense was amazing.

Did anyone else get Goosebumps, when the XO wife screamed at the cameras?

• Voluntold

Voluntold was a superbly entertaining episode of Last Resort. I really enjoyed watching because there was suspenseful action, intriguing drama, and some good character development. It was interesting to see the one crew member's wife at home in the USA go a little crazy on the media inciting others to ask for the truth. I also enjoyed the multiple attempts on the Captain. There were some other good sub plots which may yield larger returns down the road. It was great of the Captain to give the crew a choice to leave or stay though it wasn't quite that simple. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!