Story
Jun 02, 2014
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver: Net Neutrality
It is less than two months since Last Week Tonight With John Oliver started on HBO and Cory wrote a review of the pilot. For some reason I had missed it but it caught my eye last night. I watched the 6th episode today and even went back to watch earlier ones after that.

Let’s be honest, it is a bit a child of The Daily Show with the cute (former) English reporter now having his own show. Cory described it well in his review. But we do like John Oliver, not only for these two shows but of course also for his role in Community (#sixseasonsandamovie). In his new weekly news show he has a combination of serious and less serious subjects and that really appeals to me.

This week he started crushing his fellow Europeans because of the European Union elections.

He showed how right winged anti-European ...Read more
staff
late-night DATE with Netflix?
Apr 29, 2014
News Briefs: Is Chelsea Handler Headed to Netflix?
Plus: Game of Thrones continues to dominate, Yahoo! has original programming plans, and Sarah Silverman is up for some Sex.
staff
off to a good start
Apr 28, 2014
John Oliver's HBO Debut: The Best and Worst of Last Week Tonight's Series Premiere
Here's what worked and what didn't work about the lovable Brit's first outing as the host of his own late-night show.
staff
(just in case)
Apr 25, 2014
News Briefs: The Mentalist Is Looking for a New Home
Plus: MTV renews The Real World, a True Blood actor is headed to Amazon, and Longmire has a return date.
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 16 Season 1
2014/09/07
Airs
Episode 15 Season 1
2014/08/17
Aired
Episode 14 Season 1
2014/08/10
Aired
Episode 13 Season 1
2014/08/03
Aired
Episode 12 Season 1
2014/07/27
Aired

Last Week with John Oliver satires all of the news, politics, and current events that America obsessed over the previous week.