Conan vs. Jay?

TelFan7

[1]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 6

Jay's got, 'Headlines and Jaywalking', with the Jaywalking 'Battle of the Jaywalk All-Stars'gameshow.

Conan's got, 'If They Mated...'!!

Jay's got, 'Headlines and Jaywalking', with the Jaywalking 'Battle of the Jaywalk All-Stars'gameshow.

Conan's got, 'Satellite Channels'!!

Conan's got, 'Triumph, the Insult Comic-Dog'!!

Conan's got both, 'State Quarters' and 'Post Stamps'!!

Conan's got, 'Live via Satellite' aka 'Clutch Cargo'!!

Conan's got, 'Kidz' (actually a backwards s) Drawings'!!

Conan's got, 'The Masturbating Bear' and 'The Horny Manatee'!!

Conan's got, 'Preperation-H Raymond' and 'Frankenstein'!!

Conan's got, 'The Guy Who Keeps Attempting, Committing Suicide'!!

Conan's got, Abe Vigoda!!!

Conan's got, and more...

Plus Conan's got a much much better monologue (needs to be longer like Jay's) than Jay!!

Edited on 02/17/2007 12:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darth-Revan45

[2]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 20
    Well Jay also has the 99 Cent store stuff, and Ebay, and the "Dealing with the Public" 911 calls, but thats it.

ClevelandRocker

[3]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 25
    TelFan7 wrote:

Conan's got, 'If They Mated...'!!

Conan's got, 'Satellite Channels'!!

Conan's got, 'Triumph, the Insult Comic-Dog'!!

Conan's got both, 'State Quarters' and 'Post Stamps'!!

Conan's got, 'Live via Satellite' aka 'Clutch Cargo'!!

Conan's got, 'Kidz' (actually a backwards s) Drawings'!!

Conan's got, 'The Masturbating Bear' and 'The Horny Manatee'!!

Conan's got, 'Preperation-H Raymond' and 'Frankenstein'!!

Conan's got, 'The Guy Who Keeps Attempting, Committing Suicide'!!

Conan's got, Abe Vigoda!!!

Conan's got, and more...

Plus Conan's got a much much better monologue (needs to be longer like Jay's) than Jay!!

Jason?

TimWidhalm

[4]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 10

no offense but Leno has the monolague and Conan doesn't have Triumph, Abe Vigoda, or the kids drawings because we haven't seen any of those in over a year, and everyone knows that Conan is the master of the skits and Leno isn't so your arguement is pointless, and Leno has the A-list celebrites(most of the time) and the top musical groups(most of the time) and all Conan has is B-listers at best

HelloStuart

[5]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 63
    TimWidhalm wrote:

no offense but Leno has the monolague and Conan doesn't have Triumph, Abe Vigoda, or the kids drawings because we haven't seen any of those in over a year, and everyone knows that Conan is the master of the skits and Leno isn't so your arguement is pointless, and Leno has the A-list celebrites (most of the time) and the top musical groups (most of the time) and all Conan has is B-listers at best.

Actually, Abe Vigoda's been on the show twice in the last two months. Even so, Conan makes the most of what he has.

housefan099

[6]Feb 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    Jay Leno is nothing more than an unfunny overpaid Italian American idiot, who has an obsession with cars. Conan has much charisma and talent than Jay leno.Conan has the hair Jay has the jaw and the jaw just makes him look like he's a statue come to life. I wouldnt be surprised if one of jays "family members" paid the nbc executives a visit one day and "asked them to give their cousin jo-jo a job" lol.One time on the show Jay Leno found out something about one of the celebs that he couldnt of possibly found out unless someone broke into their house for him.Not to the mention the fact Jay Leno makes fun of his guests and when he does it he embarrasses them and he doesnt seem to be all that funny while he does it.He's no where near as good as Johnny Carson and I cant believe thats who he replaced.

HelloStuart

[7]Feb 20, 2007
    housefan099 wrote:
    Jay Leno is nothing more than an unfunny overpaid Italian American idiot, who has an obsession with cars. Conan has much charisma and talent than Jay leno.Conan has the hair Jay has the jaw and the jaw just makes him look like he's a statue come to life. I wouldnt be surprised if one of jays "family members" paid the nbc executives a visit one day and "asked them to give their cousin jo-jo a job" lol.One time on the show Jay Leno found out something about one of the celebs that he couldnt of possibly found out unless someone broke into their house for him.Not to the mention the fact Jay Leno makes fun of his guests and when he does it he embarrasses them and he doesnt seem to be all that funny while he does it. He's no where near as good as Johnny Carson and I cant believe thats who he replaced.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- despite the ratings, I still believe NBC made a grave mistake in choosing Chin Boy over Letterman. If this were a parallel universe, Conan would now be at CBS and Leno would be doing stand-up to half-empty crowds in Reno.

housefan099

[8]Feb 20, 2007
    You dont like Conan that much? I've never seen David Letterman but I heard he's alright.The only reason I watch Leno is because I wait for Conan to come on when I have time to watch it.Also it's nice to hear what the guests have to say.

TheDiamondDog

[9]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 61
    Leno tries to dig too much into their personal life and that is really annoying to me.

HelloStuart

[10]Feb 20, 2007
    housefan099 wrote:
    You dont like Conan that much? I've never seen David Letterman but I heard he's alright.The only reason I watch Leno is because I wait for Conan to come on when I have time to watch it. Also it's nice to hear what the guests have to say.

I think you misread that- I hate Leno, not the Cone Bone.

housefan099

[11]Feb 20, 2007
    Oh ok,the way I read it was that you said david letterman should have Jays time slot and Conan should be at CBS.CBS isn't really as good as nbc in my opinion.But nice to know you like the Cone Zone.

HelloStuart

[12]Feb 20, 2007
    housefan099 wrote:
    Oh ok,the way I read it was that you said david letterman should have Jays time slot and Conan should be at CBS. CBS isn't really as good as nbc in my opinion. But nice to know you like the Cone Zone.

What I meant by that is Conan would've left NBC in disgust instead of Dave, and in turn would be on an hour earlier on CBS. The only reason why Conan's taking over TTS in '09 is because he threatened to jump ship after his last contract expired. Either way, it's a smart move; 17 years of Leno is way too much.

housefan099

[13]Feb 20, 2007
    Really,I didnt know it was because he threatened to leave.I just figured Jay Leno is getting too old to be on the air. Conan should of took over for 2007 that would of been better.

HelloStuart

[14]Feb 20, 2007
    housefan099 wrote:
    Really,I didnt know it was because he threatened to leave.I just figured Jay Leno is getting too old to be on the air. Conan should of took over for 2007 that would of been better.

It wasn't really a threat as much as Conan opened himself to talks with other networks, specifically Fox and ABC. Conan couldn't refuse the deal his bosses gave him.

housefan099

[15]Feb 20, 2007
    I bet when he's making millions more he's probably still gonna drive his Ford Taurus.

ClevelandRocker

[16]Feb 21, 2007
    housefan099 wrote:
    I just figured Jay Leno is getting too old to be on the air.

He's 56. Dave Letterman is 59 (He'll be 60 in April, Stu - get ready for "Top Ten Reasons why it doesn't come up anymore" ) Johnny Carson was 66 when he stopped hosting.
    Edited on 02/21/2007 5:11am

HelloStuart

[17]Feb 21, 2007
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    housefan099 wrote:
    I just figured Jay Leno is getting too old to be on the air.

He's 56. Dave Letterman is 59 (He'll be 60 in April, Stu - get ready for "Top Ten Reasons why it doesn't come up anymore" ) Johnny Carson was 66 when he stopped hosting.

And Conan will be 44 in April, not that it matters.

You can tell Dave's dreading that milestone by the growing number of age jokes on the Late Show.

jane_doe37

[18]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 12

This is kind of off-topic, but I don't think it'll last long enough to deserve it's own thread, so...

Does anyone watch The Knights of Prosperity? They just had a Conan reference.
    The cast was in Mick Jagger's apartment, all the lights went out, and then someone turned on a flashlight and went, "In the Year 2000..."

Just something interesting I thought I'd share.

ClevelandRocker

[19]Feb 21, 2007
    jane_doe37 wrote:

This is kind of off-topic, but I don't think it'll last long enough to deserve it's own thread, so...

Does anyone watch The Knights of Prosperity? They just had a Conan reference.
    The cast was in Mick Jagger's apartment, all the lights went out, and then someone turned on a flashlight and went, "In the Year 2000..."

Just something interesting I thought I'd share.

And then Jim Carrey did something weird with a carrot.

(Let's see who remembers what I'm talking about)

housefan099

[20]Feb 21, 2007
    Jim Carrey was on that show?