Upcoming Late Night Schedule

jane_doe37

[121]Oct 5, 2005
    • level: 12
    And I can actually tape that show!!! Hey, I guess seeing U2 on TV is the next best thing to winning tickets to their concert in Philly... (which I haven't- still trying to be caller number 10 though lol).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheDiamondDog

[122]Oct 6, 2005
    • level: 61
    I am just hopin to see Orlando Bloom's name, and no luck. Oh well.

I hope he is still silly tonight.

HelloStuart

[123]Oct 6, 2005
    • level: 63
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I am just hopin to see Orlando Bloom's name, and no luck. Oh well.

I hope he is still silly tonight.

Odds are there will be a whole theme to the show. Good money says U2 will somehow be involved in a comedy bit.

jane_doe37

[124]Oct 6, 2005
    Probably... anyone ever see when Ben Stiller spoofed the music video for their song "One" to make it a Lucky Charms commercial? So funny! "You gave me one box, now it's all I've got..." lol.

ClevelandRocker

[125]Oct 6, 2005
    • level: 25
    Conan giving show to U2
    Thursday's 'Late Night' to be 'U2 edition'

Wednesday, October 5, 2005; Posted: 8:40 a.m. EDT (12:40 GMT)

U2 will be the sole guest on Thursday's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien."

NEW YORK (AP) -- In his 12 years in charge of booking musical guests on Conan O'Brien's "Late Night," Jim Pitt always listed U2 and Johnny Cash as the dream artists he'd tried but never succeeded in getting.

He lost his chance with the late Cash, but the U2 dream is coming true Thursday in a major way.

O'Brien will turn over his entire show to the band, which is in New York for seven sold-out engagements at Madison Square Garden.

"We were able to offer them something to feel enough like an event for them to do the show," Pitt said. "It's basically 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien,' the U2 edition."

The NBC show has never before devoted itself entirely to a musical guest, although it gave major time a few years back to a holiday appearance by bandleader Max Weinberg's other employer, Bruce Springsteen.

O'Brien's a big U2 fan, and made a personal connection by talking at length with Bono during breaks in rehearsals for the band's "Saturday Night Live" appearance last season, Pitt said.

It may be a nervous time for Bono, who is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work in trying to ease Third World poverty. People who watch the Nobel closely list the lead singer as one of the favorites. The winner is expected to be named Friday.

The band is expected to perform three songs and be interviewed by O'Brien.

Pitt is not pushing for any material in particular.

"When U2 decides they want to come on the show for an hour, you don't get too picky about what they play," he said.

ClevelandRocker

[126]Oct 6, 2005
    Reminds me of a semirecent episode of Carson Daly, which was all-Green Day.

jane_doe37

[127]Oct 6, 2005
    I have my VCR set!!! (Now watch Murphy's Law revolve around me and it doesn't tape or something lol.) I set it for Thursday 12:35 AM-1:37 AM and for the same time on Friday, since I can't remember if my VCR counts the AM hours as Friday or not.

HelloStuart

[128]Oct 6, 2005
    jane_doe37 wrote:
    Probably... anyone ever see when Ben Stiller spoofed the music video for their song "One" to make it a Lucky Charms commercial? So funny! "You gave me one box, now it's all I've got..." lol.

Yeah, that was from "The Ben Stiller Show," a short-lived sketch comedy program that aired on Fox in the early 90's.

ClevelandRocker

[129]Oct 6, 2005
    You know, I was just watching the opening credits. Is it just me or is U2 on?

cal933

[130]Oct 7, 2005
    • level: 2
    My suspicion about The Edge was confirmed last night--The Edge has a crush on Urkel.

Grimmy67

[131]Oct 7, 2005
    • level: 1
    Your vcr should work that way. Mine does. I tape a show from 11:30 pm until 12:30 am every night. The vcr just automatically goes into the next day on mine. My daughter is the biggest U2 fan ever. She goes everywhere in the USA to see them. She always get tickets up close. But when they will be here in Omaha in Dec., the only tickets she could get was way up on top and in the back.

That cracked me up.

TheDiamondDog

[132]Oct 7, 2005
    • level: 61
    My mom said she pry won't watch. ANd I will fast forward through their performances cause I'm not a fan.

jane_doe37

[133]Oct 7, 2005
    I watched the whole thing, it was SO funny!! The entire "In The Year 2000" thing had me cracking up, and then later today I was actually listening to "I Still Haven't Found WHat I'm Looking For" and I thought of Boo Berry and started laughing. Conan going outside to talk to the fans was great, too, especially when he said "you're in line for the Tony Danza show" and when the random guy was singing Pride and couldn't hit the notes on the chorus and Conan was like, "what the hell?"

HelloStuart

[134]Oct 7, 2005
    jane_doe37 wrote:
    I watched the whole thing, it was SO funny!! The entire "In The Year 2000" thing had me cracking up, and then later today I was actually listening to "I Still Haven't Found WHat I'm Looking For" and I thought of Boo Berry and started laughing. Conan going outside to talk to the fans was great, too, especially when he said "you're in line for the Tony Danza show" and when the random guy was singing Pride and couldn't hit the notes on the chorus and Conan was like, "what the hell?"

Though I found ITY2K to be a bit uneven, going with The Edge rather than with Bono turned out to be a smart move.

jane_doe37

[135]Oct 7, 2005
    Yeah, even though Bono didn't say much you can tell he needs to work on his acting lol. I wonder if they taped a "Bono: Secrets" segment to air later? That would be funny. My favorite one was Snoop Dogg's, changing his name to "Scoop Dogg." Simple and stupid but hilarious.

HelloStuart

[136]Oct 7, 2005
    jane_doe37 wrote:
    Yeah, even though Bono didn't say much you can tell he needs to work on his acting lol. I wonder if they taped a "Bono: Secrets" segment to air later? That would be funny. My favorite one was Snoop Dogg's, changing his name to "Scoop Dogg." Simple and stupid but hilarious.

"I heart... Urkel?" I know I throw this word around, but that was priceless.

ClevelandRocker

[137]Oct 7, 2005
    Hey, Mel. Dominic Monahan will be on Leno at approx. Midnight EDT.

carrieanna

[138]Oct 7, 2005
    • level: 8
    hi all,

can someone tell me when/if the U2 episode will be rerun? I know that they usually run them in the middle of the night at a later date, but i don't know when. i love U2 and my vcr messed up, so i would really appreciate some help.

thanks!

ClevelandRocker

[139]Oct 7, 2005
    jane_doe37 wrote:

U2: Secrets airs tonight.

ClevelandRocker

[140]Oct 7, 2005
    carrieanna wrote:
    hi all,

can someone tell me when/if the U2 episode will be rerun? I know that they usually run them in the middle of the night at a later date, but i don't know when. i love U2 and my vcr messed up, so i would really appreciate some help.

thanks!

It will air a week later, so Friday, August 14 at approximately 3:04 AM EDT.