Who should replace Conan O'Brien

  • Avatar of TVT0PIA

    TVT0PIA

    [1]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 02/21/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 16
    I was always wondering who was gonna replace Conan O'Brien (King of Late Nite) after he leaves for the Tonight Show? my guess and hope is that its gonna be Triumph the Insult Comic Dog but you might have different answers!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [2]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    TVT0PIA wrote:
    Who should replace Conan O'Brien !

    Ah, summer 2005.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [3]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    TVT0PIA wrote:
    I was always wondering who was gonna replace Conan O'Brien (King of Late Nite) after he leaves for the Tonight Show? my guess and hope is that its gonna be Triumph the Insult Comic Dog but you might have different answers!

    We won't know for at least another two years. Speculate all you wish, but it's not going to be the dog puppet.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [4]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    At one time, Smigel was speculated to be the next host.

    It will likely be an unknown.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [5]Feb 20, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    thecomedianky wrote:
    At one time, Smigel was speculated to be the next host.

    It will likely be an unknown.

    Then they realized he was famous for sodomizing dogs with his hand. It's even creepier knowing that he's wearing a puppet!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WittyName

    WittyName

    [6]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 05/17/04
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 624
    I think Robert Smigel is very quick on his feet, but then who is going to do Triumphe bits, etc.? I think it should be someone decided closer to the date of Conan's departure. I'm not too sure how Conan feels about it, or if he even gets a say, but Late Night basically discovered Conan O'Brien. I think it would be nice if someone no-one in the world could predict took over...

    ...or he can just choose me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [7]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    WittyName wrote:
    I think Robert Smigel is very quick on his feet, but then who is going to do Triumphe bits, etc.? I think it should be someone decided closer to the date of Conan's departure. I'm not too sure how Conan feels about it, or if he even gets a say, but Late Night basically discovered Conan O'Brien. I think it would be nice if someone no-one in the world could predict took over.

    Bob Smigel is more of a behind-the-scenes person than anything. It's hard to picture him on center stage.

    They'll probably end up trying to nab Colbert from CC...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [8]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I remember we were speculating Jon Stewart when we talked about it last summer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [9]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I remember we were speculating Jon Stewart when we talked about it last summer.
    Jon would be more likely to take over for Dave when Dave retires. Viacom owns both CBS and CC. Of course, the Late Show with Jon Stewart sounds different and would likely not have the top ten.

    I've hosted my own show on campus here and had a writing team of 4 people: myself, and three friends from Washington, Michigan, and Illinois. I couldn't pay them back when the shows were on but I'm gonna make it up to them one of these days.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Darth-Revan45

    Darth-Revan45

    [10]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,709
    Smigel or Andy might be good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [11]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    Darth-Revan45 wrote:
    Smigel or Andy might be good.

    As long as it's not Kilborn, I'm okay.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JKL3

    JKL3

    [12]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 09/18/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 97
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [13]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    JKL3 wrote:
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon



    Well maybe I should reconsider. He did host that one time...
    Edited on 02/21/2006 8:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [14]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    ClevelandRocker wrote:


    Well, maybe I should reconsider. He did host that one time...

    Actually, that was on Letterman...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [15]Feb 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    HelloStuart wrote:
    ClevelandRocker wrote:


    Well, maybe I should reconsider. He did host that one time...

    Actually, that was on Letterman...

    I remember sometime in 2002-2005 (It was some time ago), Conan showed a clip of Jimmy being introduced, jumping around, doing the scissor dance, etc. (and it was him, it wasn't Conan)

    And I thought, when did this happen? I was watching Conan during this time, and I don't believe I had ever seen anybody host in place of somebody (but I had heard of it being done, and seen clips)

    Don't say, "It's not in imdb!". I know that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [16]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    JKL3 wrote:
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon


    No. Wouldn't be a good idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [17]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    I remember sometime in 2002-2005 (It was some time ago), Conan showed a clip of Jimmy being introduced, jumping around, doing the scissor dance, etc. (and it was him, it wasn't Conan)

    And I thought, when did this happen? I was watching Conan during this time, and I don't believe I had ever seen anybody host in place of somebody (but I had heard of it being done, and seen clips)

    Don't say, "It's not in imdb!". I know that.

    Yeah, but that was just a clip. Fallon actually filled in for Letterman for an entire show in June 2003.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [18]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    HelloStuart wrote:
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    I remember sometime in 2002-2005 (It was some time ago), Conan showed a clip of Jimmy being introduced, jumping around, doing the scissor dance, etc. (and it was him, it wasn't Conan)

    And I thought, when did this happen? I was watching Conan during this time, and I don't believe I had ever seen anybody host in place of somebody (but I had heard of it being done, and seen clips)

    Don't say, "It's not in imdb!". I know that.

    Yeah, but that was just a clip. Fallon actually filled in for Letterman for an entire show in June 2003.


    Really? Did he make a good host?

    I remember that Conan bit, cause I to was wondering when that happened. Then I realized it was a gag, plus, I just started watching the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ClevelandRocker

    ClevelandRocker

    [19]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 6,949
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    I remember sometime in 2002-2005 (It was some time ago), Conan showed a clip of Jimmy being introduced, jumping around, doing the scissor dance, etc. (and it was him, it wasn't Conan)

    And I thought, when did this happen? I was watching Conan during this time, and I don't believe I had ever seen anybody host in place of somebody (but I had heard of it being done, and seen clips)

    Don't say, "It's not in imdb!". I know that.

    Yeah, but that was just a clip. Fallon actually filled in for Letterman for an entire show in June 2003.


    Really? Did he make a good host?

    I remember that Conan bit, cause I to was wondering when that happened. Then I realized it was a gag, plus, I just started watching the show.

    It was a gag? All I can remember is the clip.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [20]Feb 22, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,042
    ClevelandRocker wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Yeah, but that was just a clip. Fallon actually filled in for Letterman for an entire show in June 2003.

    Really? Did he make a good host?

    I remember that Conan bit, cause I to was wondering when that happened. Then I realized it was a gag, plus, I just started watching the show.

    It was a gag? All I can remember is the clip.

    Yes it was. Conan hasn't missed a show in 12 1/2 years.

    Fallon did an okay job filling in for Dave- he played a little acoustic guitar during the monologue (an original song about May-December relationships), then flirted with Kristana Loken of "Terminator 3" fame.

    If you don't believe me, just look it up in the Late Show episode guide, or just go to Fallon's profile at this site.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.