Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Rosie O'Donnell, Chris Elliott, Jamie Cullum

Aired Weekdays 12:35 AM Oct 11, 2005 on NBC

• I had the privilage of attending the taping of this episode. It was a wonderful experience and I recommend it to anyone who has watched this show.

I had the privilage of attending the taping of this episode. It was a wonderful experience and I recommend it to anyone who has watched this show. After waiting in the hallway of Rockafeller Center for an hour or so, we were ushered through the metal detectors and up to the seventh floor. Upon entering the studio, the first thought that everyone thinks is how small it is in reality. There are a dozen or so flatscreen HD monitors that hang above the audience for them to see 'non-live' comedy bits and video clips. Then the warm up guy, Brian (regular watchers would recognize him from a variety of characters on the show, such as Eyeballs O'Shaugnessy) came out to talk to us and tell some jokes. Then the band came out and played a song. Mark Pender showed off his amazing trumpet skills by holding a single note for at least two minutes. Then Conan came out to talk to the audience for a little. I was very impressed because while chatting with us, he met an audience member from Finland which he used in numerous comedy bits no longer than 15-30 minutes after meeting this guy! The show began and Conan came out and did his monolauge (after a ill-timed scream by my girlfriend which he commented on). The show continued with him talking about Lowry (the Finnish audience member) and then the classic skit, "Actual Items". Rosie O'Donnell was the first guest and brought us all Israeli choclate (thanks Rosie!). Then the third segment contained the classic skit "Conan Hates My Homeland" (including Finland). The second guest was Chris Elliott. He came and talked about his book and explained he had to follow a serial killer around and then pointed him out in the audience (before the show they came out and told an audience member they would need his seat after the third segment). Then an NBC nurse came and gave Chris a flu shot in his ass. Finally, Jamie Cullum performed and during the performance his mic stopped working and they had to start over. Conan said if we told anyone they would hunt us down and take away our chocolate. Of course this was all edited and it appeared normal when the show aired. And I still have my chocolate bar!