Have Fun Here

thefanof

[1]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 102

I just became editor for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The show has been receiving mixed, mostly negative though, reviews but I think most of us are rooting for him to become a success even if he isn't Conan. Just a few rules though.

- If you submit anything such as an episode try to back it up with a reliable source. For things like quotes, personalities who showed up unannounced etc. this is not necessary as you should assume that I watch the program.

- Feel free to discuss anything related to this show here. The other two shows I mod aren't too popular here, so I would like to be able to at least have a fun forum here. I won't be too strict, and I encourage a little bit of friendly debating, but just try to keep it slightly mature.

Otherwise have fun.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lare84

[2]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 38
    The reviews seem overwhelmingly negative to me. Do you think this show can turn around or is it dead in the water? I definitely think we're not far off from them having to admit that Jimmy Fallon was a mistake for a host.

thefanof

[3]Apr 29, 2009
    Yes, a reply! Lol.

Um, you sort of know what you're getting with Jimmy Fallon. If you liked him on SNL, you'll probably like him here, and vice versa. Obviously there were better choices out there, but NBC isn't cancelling this show anytime soon. It's actually been pretty decent lately, but in the beginning it was brutally painful to watch. Jimmy has finally learned how to interview somebody and the main problem during early episodes (him constantly interrupting the guest) has been resolved.

I'd say wait for someone you like to be a guest on the show, watch an episode and if you like it you like it, if you don't, there's numerous other talk shows out there.

milkhaswings

[4]May 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    Jimmy was on Last Call a few days ago and said that he still doesn't know how to host a talk show and that he's still learning. It's just like with Conan, give it time and it'll get there. Though I think it's quite good right now, his interview with Amy Pohler this week was the best one yet.

pichikin

[5]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    The only episode I've seen so far was the one with Cameron Diaz where they try to make world records and it was pure agony, almost like torture. It was SO incredibly bad. I like Cameron and I really like Jimmy Fallon and I loved him in SNL but this was just... there's no words, really. I felt embarassed for them especially that part when they were screaming at each other about guacamole and Mexican food or whatever. I got what they were trying to do but it just didn't work. Nobody laughed. Actually, I was wondering if there was any audience because it was so quiet almost the whole show unlike on other talk shows where you could hear the audience having fun, laughing, shouting, chiming in, etc. I don't know if I want to ever try watching again after that. There's too many other good shows to watch.

HenryLeeLucas

[6]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 9
    Hey, who's deciding when a new season begins? Why is it the show's 2nd season already? I'm not being smart a##. Just out of curiosity.

thefanof

[7]Jan 18, 2010
    HenryLeeLucas wrote:
    Hey, who's deciding when a new season begins? Why is it the show's 2nd season already? I'm not being smart a##. Just out of curiosity.

I e-mailed NBC about it, but got no response. Until I do I'll just go with seasons year to year.