Law & Order: Los Angeles

Hollywood

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 29, 2010 on NBC

7.1
  • Not bad for a pilot. Really.

I've seen some pretty uneven pilots in the past month. Law & Order: Los Angeles is not one of them. In fact, it exuded a lot of confidence for a premiere.

It's not original Law & Order sadly, (really, why did they have to cancel it?) however the LOLA pilot is much better than the pilot for L&O: Trial by Jury... which is a really good sign.

Highlights include: Seeing Alfred Molina on network television = very cool; I am curious to see how the alternating DA system works. Ulrich and Stoll have an easy and comfortable chemistry. I am glad that they haven't tried too hard to make the characters outrageous or copy the characters from the recently cancelled original... that would have come off as desperate.

I am sorry to hear that they are recasting Wanda De Jesus. Someone should check Regina Hall for a pulse... I know its early to judge, but I am going to miss Alana De La Garza and her legal foxyness... And while on the subject of Reginas, it's too bad Regina King is already on Southland- she could have been a strong female lead.

I was split between following LOLA or giving The Whole Truth another shot, however having seen LOLAs superior pilot, I'm thinking Wednesday is going to be Law & Order night once again.