Law & Order: UK Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

Law & Order: UK Renewed for 2nd Season

TesserT

[1]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 76
    Saw this article in the Tribune Newpapers this morning: " ...premiered in Britain in February, has been revewed for a 2nd season.

ITV has ordered 13 more episodes of the series, which revamps scripts from the orignal L&O for British sensibilities..."

Also from tv.com ITV renews Law & Order: UK
    Edited on 07/09/2009 7:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MaryDeath

[2]Jul 10, 2009
    • level: 5
    skweee! That makes me so happy. How did I miss that article? And the whole cast is back it looks like. Yay. Thanks for posting that TesserT!

Mozart_Eleven

[3]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    That's great news. I think the show has a lot of potential and will go a long way with the right scripts and guest actors.

Placebo_obecalP

[4]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    Will season 2 still be recycling old stories from L&O:US? If so that's a real shame, I'd much prefer that the stories were new and based on real UK legal/news items, not to mention the fact that as I've watched every episode of the US series I tend to recognise the story quite quickly in the UK version and know how it ends, which is disappointing.

Placebo_obecalP

[5]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 13

Just emailed ITV, got a useless reply, fast but useless:

Hi,

Any news as to when episodes 8-13 will air in the UK please? It's disappointing to learn that a UK series is airing in Canada before it's even seen in the UK...

Also I read that it has been renewed for a second season, will it still use recycled scripts from the US series please?

Kind Regards,

Paul.

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

The first series of Law and Order UK will be repeated early next year which will include these episodes. Our schedules are only confirmed for 14 days in advance and we have no broadcast information further than 14 days.

I hope this is of help.

Regards

ITV Viewer Services - jh

SunSpeed

[6]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 30

Looking forward to the start of the SECOND series of Law & Order: UK in two weeks' time on ITV1. I just wish the episode guides would show that this new series is NOT the third series.

I'm glad that the new series won't clash with the start of the new series of New Tricks on BBC1 (which will start the night after Law & Order: UK starts it's new series).

Edited on 08/27/2010 3:33pm

princessleia77

[7]Sep 17, 2010
    • level: 26

The new season started airing in Canada yesterday (September 16). Unfortunately, the sound doesn't work for that particular channel on my tv, and I was at school, so I had to tape it instead of watching it on the tv that has sound.Now, I'm watchingthe entire episode with just the closed captioning.

Are the new episodes going to be added to the guide soon?