Law & Order: UK Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

Ratings

MaryDeath

[1]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 5

I was just checking out the ratings for the show. The unofficial ratings for the third episode was a 26% share and 6.1 million viewers. That's up from last week's 24% and 5.8 mill viewers. The premiere had a 6.4 million 26% share. There wasn't much up against it though. I have no idea what it was up against last week. Anyone know? Hope the ratings stay up.

I think it has improved since the first episode even though it isn't exactly realistic, But if any show based on "law and order" IRL was realistic it would be tedious, frustrating and boring.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ace2542

[2]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    It is amusing to watch but now they need to start to make up their own stories and not use ones from the American series if they are to have a long haul. I mean come on the defence used in the second episode would never be allowed in English court and even if it was the defendant would have been found guilty of manslaughter on grounds of deminished responsibilty not walk free from court like the prosecutors feared he might. Come on Dick Wolf get that much right at least!

MaryDeath

[3]Mar 13, 2009
    Unfortunately all 13 episodes are based on original Law & Order scripts. I would like in future to see original episodes or at least adapt them better. Watching original episodes make me laugh too because of the things that just would not be allowed and would never happen in US courts. Especially having a court appointed defence attorney who feels passionately about the case. I've yet to see that happen except where the attorney was very young and just getting started.

noggy2006

[4]Mar 14, 2009

i dont think it will stay---i like it--but itv have dropped loads of shows---wire in the blood/ sharpe--all they say over money--so this will prob go too---i hope not--bradley walsh was saying there filming eps 13-now--so usually uk is 6 eps-so not sure if they will show in 2 parts-or if they do drop it-who knows--so we will end up with more reallty tv---i know its not correct with our laws etc--but who cares-its a show-meant to entertain--i mean they go on about eastenders etc being ture to life---if that was true--why does no one have sky-or a washing machine etc--and they all go in cafes and pubs all day--when its totally rubbish---but to cancel great shows for more soaps-reallity etc--

anyway-bye

MaryDeath

[5]Mar 16, 2009
    The Mirror had an interview with Freema Agyeman which mentions the ratings. They were on the set, but it didn't say which episode was being filmed. Ben Daniels said they were filming all 13 episodes back to back in 6 months which is unusual. He also said the staff was having input on adaptation of the scripts so maybe as it progresses it will be less deja vu and less American.
    Edited on 03/16/2009 2:55pm

RobinCook

[6]May 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    I was so looking forward to this UK rendition of Law & Order, but am sadly disappointed. I was unaware that the scripts would all be from USA shows, so I gave up watching this after the third episode. Also, one thing about a show is the music theme ... makes or breaks a show, and the music chosen for this UK series is rather dreadful. I do view many UK shows and must admit I'm still grasping the variable British accents. If the scripts had not been identical to the USA shows, I fear I would have been somewhat lost due to the dialogue accents ... after all, the scripts are designed to toss at the viewers some rapid-fire informational content in various quick, short spurts and then run into another scene with similar informational spurts ... so, add in the dialogue accents, and content is lost on me. I applaud the UK and Dick Wolf in making this endeavor and hope that this doesn't become another Cracker competition same-script fiasco. I loved Cracker (both the USA & UK versions with same scripts)! The music score is a real turn away for me and that leaves a long and strong impression to overcome ... plus, the casting is kind of milktoast ... it seems to be on a low budget with truly no creativity put forth ... as if no one had any motivation to do this show ... and milking it into a ho-hum 2nd season with the remaining planned episodes is really beyond me considering UK series usually does 6 episodes per season. I'm still holding out hope that this show does progress to become another good long-term running show for the UK, but fear as it stands thus far it does not appear it is going to go much further, at least for me anyway.