Law & Order: UK Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ITVBetween Seasons

Season 5 - when is it scheduled to air?

sumdumgoi

[1]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 5

When is season 5 of Law & Order UK scheduled to broadcast? I understand it has been renewed for seasons 5 and 6, albeit without Ben Daniels and Bill Paterson. I don't think the show will be as good moving forward, although an email buddy who is a TVholic assures me that Daniels' replacement Peter Davison will make the show even better. On a related note, does anyone know why Daniels and Paterson opted to leave the show? I searched with Google for answers, but could not find any.

Thanks,

SMG

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bmoshier

[2]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 46

After watching the Skeletons episode, I'm wondering if James Steel is suppose to be Ben Stone (or a different person or his own unique one)?

BTW, I do like how the writers are taking the great US Law & Order episodes as the basis for the UK episodes. I hope, though, in time they will write unique ones based upon UK cases and then move them to the US (after all turn-about is fair play).

Lastly, I hope seasons 5 and 6 are longer than a few episodes. 26 episodes for 4 seasons isn't right (at least to me). I don't know what is normal for the UK, but IMHO a season should have at least 22 episodes (if not 26).

Jemadari

[3]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 12

In my experience 6-13 episodes seems to be standard for UK shows

I have a question maybe one of the UK viewers can answer because it would seem as though we(Americans) are being short changed,I was just reading the wikipedia synopsis of the last episode and it mentions George being replaced at the end of the episode but they didn't show that on the episode I saw and I've seen this many times on Doctor Who and Torchwood sometimes the exact same episode will air 60 minutes then other times it will be 75 minutes so is that happening here?

bmoshier

[4]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 46

Jemadari wrote:

I saw and I've seen this many times on Doctor Who and Torchwood sometimes the exact same episode will air 60 minutes then other times it will be 75 minutes so is that happening here?

WOW! Cutting 15 minutes is major!! How much of the plot and character development are we losing, when this occurs?

Edited on 07/03/2011 6:47am

cross_mr

[7]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 9
    They're series not seasons. It's a totally different concept in the UK

carlejeune

[8]Oct 9, 2011
    • level: 6

Ithink (my opinion only) survivor guilt is the last episode due to be televised in the US until the next season (series) starts but I don't know when that is...maybe next summer?