Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Art

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 07, 2001 on USA

• We are left to wonder what the motivation was when a small museum curator and a famous authenticator of art works are found dead in an apparent murder/suicide. Goren and Eames finds things are not what they seem and follow a trail of forgeries.

This was a very well done and complicated story much in the vain of most Law & Order: Criminal Intent's. Goren with his vast knowledge of many different things starts to smell a rat in the art world when things just don't add up.

The interesting thing about this episode is the trail they follow and the little seeds they plant in the interwoven story to take to the next place. I like how Goren always seems to look for the weakest link. In this case it is the forger Sylvia Moon.

Langer who obviously is the manipulative brains of the operation is never going to crack as he obviously has an overall feeling of superiority especially with women. His crack about not being threatened by women did not go unnoticed I'm sure. Even though he walked into certain things he revealed they were never going to get the whole story from him.

So in the end Goren cracks Sylvia open at the scene of the crime. Obviously the discovery of the stolen painting from the roommate and the pipes in the ceiling were great leads but I think the joy is in watching Vincent D'Onofrio work. We all expect he and Eames to win, it just is how are they going to do it this week.

Just think this whole house of cards came falling down because of one women's integrity. Good people like that are hard to find!

Good story with a rich texture and well written, acted, and produced. A great example early on of things to come. Thanks for reading...
WGNAMER