Ask a Question - General News - DVD News

khaki_dojo

[1]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 57

This seems to work on the SVU board, and was suggested by a poster here.

This is a thread for all the little questions we have. Questions like 'which episode was it that _____', 'what song was heard when _____', etc. Other boards have done this thread with great success. All TV.com rules apply, of course -- no copyrighted materials, respect other posters, etc, etc, etc.

Edited on 04/08/2009 5:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilyahna

[2]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 8

Yay! I've noticed there are several questions that repeatedly spawn new threads, and I thought this would be a good place to put the answers to these.

SOME FAQS

1. IS VINCENT D'ONOFRIO LEAVING THE SHOW???

There is no officially released information on the internet (including NBC or thereelvincentdonofrio.com) that says that Vincent D'Onofrio plans on leaving the show. For those of you particularly concerned with this, the latter mentioned website is the best place on the internet to check for this kind of info, as it summarizes information about the actor from all over the net.

2. WHERE IS BOBBY IN THE TV.COM CRIMINAL INTENT BANNER?

This picture was taken from the Season 5 NBC website, and in the original picture, Robert Goren is present, but is crouching in front of everyone. This is why you can't see him. Your forum editor has no control over this situation, and it will only be changed at the discretion of TV.Com.

3. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE OLD CHARACTERS??

During season five (2004-2005), Vincent D'Onofrio collapsed on the set due to exhaustion, and rather than leave the show, he made a deal with Dick Wolf to only appear in half of all subsequent episodes. Chris Noth was invited to return and reprise his role as Detective Mike Logan, whom he played in the first five years of the original series.

Jamie Sheridan, who played Captain James Deakins, elected to leave the show for the same reason as Courtney B. Vance, who played ADA Ron Carver: both are west coast based actors who were unable to see their families as often as they liked while filming in New York nine months out of the year.

Logan's first partner, Det. Barrek, played by Annabella Sciorra, purportedly left the show due to creative differences. She was replaced by Det. Wheeler.

These two sets of detectives alternate weeks.

night_owl13

[3]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    ilyahna wrote:
    Logan's first partner, Det. Barrek, played by Annabella Sciorra, purportedly left the show due to creative differences. She was replaced by Det. Wheeler. These two sets of detectives alternate weeks.

Haha, creative differences. I feel like that's a really nice way of saying she didn't get along with anyone on the set.

mariska143

[4]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    (These sort of only pertain right now)

4. WHY WERE THERE TWO LOGAN/WHEELER EPISODES IN A ROW?

On November 21, there was an episode entitled "Blasters." On November 28, there was an episode entitled "Weeping Willow." Both were Logan/Wheeler episodes.

Earlier in season 6, on October 17 and 31, there were two episodes entitled "Bedfellows" and "Masquerade," respectively. Both were Goren/Eames episodes.

The two teams are supposed to have an equal amount of episodes each season. However, when Goren/Eames were given two episodes in a row earlier, the producers had to make up for it sometime during the season by putting two Logan/Wheeler episodes in. They probably wanted to do this before they went on their little December hiatus, so when they came back in January, they could be on even numbers and proceed to go back and forth between both teams for the rest of the season. It was just bad timing because they did it right before the hiatus, so we haven't seen Goren/Eames since November 14 (They probably did it to torture us.)

5. WHY ARE THERE NO EPISODES IN DECEMBER?

In seasons 1, 2, and 5, there was only one episode in December. In seasons 3 and 4, there were NO episodes. Each year, Law and Orders take a small hiatus to give their actors a break, most likely. Fortunately, it appears as if they do not take any other large breaks until May (excepting in Seasons 3 and 5, where there was only one episode in April; and in Seasons 2 and 4 there were only two episodes in April)... So I'm guessing December and sometimes April are the only times that there are not episodes... (This does not include special news things that NBC might choose to do, God forbid..)

And I forgot my last one.

Wordsmith44

[5]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 2
    NEW QUESTION: Did we ever learn ADA Carver's first name?

mariska143

[6]Dec 28, 2006
    Ronald Carver... I'm not sure what episode it was, but I'm sure he introduces himself as "Ron" or "Ronald."

Wordsmith44

[7]Dec 28, 2006
    Thank you! Now that I see it, my little brain remembers hearing it. THANKS!

carebearbaby7

[9]Dec 31, 2006
    Why is there going to be another Logan /Wheeler episode on the 2nd of January? This will make three in a row. I am sick of them. I want Goren and Eames back!

Wordsmith44

[10]Jan 1, 2007
    A new question:

Just looked at the episode list on this site and under Season 6, Episode 122 (6-11) doesn't even appear. Anyone know what that's all about?

thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

mariska143

[11]Jan 1, 2007
    My best guess is because that episode is scheduled to air tomorrow (World's Fair).

Wordsmith44

[12]Jan 2, 2007
    mariska143 wrote:
    My best guess is because that episode is scheduled to air tomorrow (World's Fair).

World's Fair is Ep. 123, and Privilege is 124, with Albatross as 125. They have no Episode 122. Curious? Or is my ignporance showing (*blush*)?

resres1416

[13]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    Was there ever a conclusion to the episode that featured WHoopi GOldberg as a crazy foster mother? If so, what was the conclusion?

JonsonsAirplane

[14]Jan 30, 2007

Does anyone know when season 3 will be available on DVD? And how can I download season 5 (legally) in the UK? I've tried from TV.com but it's only avalable in the US; not in UK

Beecharm3r7

[15]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    I was confused about this around xmas time...but S3's been available for awhile.  Apparently they released season 1 then season 3, then season 2....no idea why.  I know for a fact S3 is out there b/c i have it now. If you don't know where to buy it, check the NBC online store. It could help you with regions and such.

orwellcandyfoot

[16]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    Hi Jefferson, I too are in the UK, I downloaded Season 5 and am getting Season 6 through iTunes. You have to use a loophole in the registration process to set up an American iTunes account, which is a little tricky but well worth it.

First you need a pay pal account registered to you in the UK and an American mailing address to use as reference, this can be anything but you must know the complete address and zip.

Then you need to set up a new second Pay Pal account using this USA address, and then put some money into it using your exsisting uk Pay Pal account.

Then create an iTunes US store account, register using the American mailing adddress and select Pay Pal as your method of funding using your new American Pay Pal account that you just set up.

Then download Law & Order and enjoy

Phew

ilyahna

[17]Jan 30, 2007
    Um... hello beautiful picture of VDO as your icon.

mariska143

[18]Jan 30, 2007
    I would have said hello too, and a little welcome message, except, when I saw it, I died. So, thanks for that. Jeez. You killed me.

JonsonsAirplane

[19]Jan 31, 2007

orwellcandyfoot wrote:
    Hi Jefferson, I too are in the UK, I downloaded Season 5 and am getting Season 6 through iTunes. You have to use a loophole in the registration process to set up an American iTunes account, which is a little tricky but well worth it. First you need a pay pal account registered to you in the UK and an American mailing address to use as reference, this can be anything but you must know the complete address and zip. Then you need to set up a new second Pay Pal account using this USA address, and then put some money into it using your exsisting uk Pay Pal account. Then create an iTunes US store account, register using the American mailing adddress and select Pay Pal as your method of funding using your new American Pay Pal account that you just set up. Then download Law & Order and enjoy Phew

Wow, thanks for that. (oh, and it's Johnson's Aeroplane - not Jefferson - it's after an INXS song - I had to chop it to fit it as a name)

Edited on 01/31/2007 3:15am

ilyahna

[20]Feb 11, 2007
    Does anyone here know how to put together the videos of clips like those that are found of CI on youtube??? I cannot for the life of me figure out how these people do that. If you know, please PM me and help me.. I have a great idea.... hehehe.