Ask a Question - General News - DVD News

nwchimom

[221]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 4

Yes, I get it now...after your explanation. No insult to your intelligence was meant. It's just that your posts and questions often tend to be *ahem* confusing at times.

I'm nearly certain we've never learned where Bobby lives, but I doubt very much he lives in Manhattan on a cop's salary, so he wouldn't be able to walk home from Times Square. I would guess Bobby returned to his old neighborhood after the army so he could take care of his mother's affairs after she went to Carmel Ridge. He probably doesn't live *in* the old neighborhood (Canarsie), but maybe another area of Brooklyn. Queens is another good bet...a lot of cops and firefighters live there. Eames lives in Rockaway, which is in Queens

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OuroborosSnyder

[222]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 25
    nwchimom wrote:

Yes, I get it now...after your explanation. No insult to your intelligence was meant. It's just that your posts and questions often tend to be *ahem* confusing at times.

I'm nearly certain we've never learned where Bobby lives, but I doubt very much he lives in Manhattan on a cop's salary, so he wouldn't be able to walk home from Times Square. I would guess Bobby returned to his old neighborhood after the army so he could take care of his mother's affairs after she went to Carmel Ridge. He probably doesn't live *in* the old neighborhood (Canarsie), but maybe another area of Brooklyn. Queens is another good bet...a lot of cops and firefighters live there. Eames lives in Rockaway, which is in Queens

Hey! I can't help it if I'm a confusing person =) Mariska knew why I asked it...I think. =) Cause a few posts back I mention why, i.e. fanfic.

Anyways...Queens. Hey that's where Stabler livea =) So, since I know nothing about New York, help me out here! How far is Queens (lets say he lives there) from Times Square, where he was at the end of the episode... Hmm, isn't Brooklyn kind of scary? I know VDO was born there and resides in NY.

Hmmm...weird that they've told us about Eames but not about Goren. Has she ever been to his place? No, right. Has he been to hers? Maybe?

~Snyder~

ForeverGnR

[223]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    You could probably look it up on a map of New York. Like find out exactly where Time Square is and then see how far it is to Queens.

mariska143

[224]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 16
    Not really in the way you're thinking, Snyder . Bobby went to Alex's house in Rockaway when she was kidnapped in Blind Spot, s. 6. If you remember, he searches her house even though he knows she's not there. But no. They have not been to each other's places.. in this world. Fanfic is another story.

OuroborosSnyder

[225]Feb 11, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    Not really in the way you're thinking, Snyder . Bobby went to Alex's house in Rockaway when she was kidnapped in Blind Spot, s. 6. If you remember, he searches her house even though he knows she's not there. But no. They have not been to each other's places.. in this world. Fanfic is another story.

Well DUH! Of course he's been over to her apartment (and so much more) in fanfic! LOL. See, I've neven seen Blind Spot...only some scenes...mainly the end; so I didn't know he was in her apartment. =/ Sad.

So, does he drive? Or own a car? I know Eames always drives...

~Snyder~

Edited on 02/11/2008 11:00pm

nwchimom

[226]Feb 12, 2008

I wouldn't say with certainty Bobby has never been to Eames' place other than when she was kidnapped. We haven't *seen* them at each other's homes, but that doesn't mean they haven't been. Bobby seemed familiar with the layout of Eames' house and it was like he could sense the vibe of the place...he never went into the bedroom or bathroom, yet he was certain she wasn't there.

Snyder, I don't know if Bobby owns a car, but he does drive. He drove Eames to the Quinn's house after Kevin's funeral in Amends. He once told Bishop that Eames likes to drive, so she drives.

BTW, the fact that Bobby was driving in Amends leads me to believe that he picked Alex up at her house for the funeral.

PS - I agree with the person who suggested looking at a map of NYC. You really should get the layout of the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island) fixed in your mind before trying to write about it. You can look them up on Wikipedia, as well, to figure out what landmarks and such are in what borough. It gets confusing when you add in the different neighborhoods in each borough. You've got NYC, which is split into 5 regions called boroughs, then each borough has many neighborhoods. One of Brooklyn's neighborhoods is Bensonhurst, which is where VDO is from if I recall correctly.

Edited on 02/12/2008 6:28am

mariska143

[227]Feb 12, 2008
    Nwichy, I was going to say that it would be my guess that Bobby's been to Alex's home as well. I just know there are people who think it's wrong to assume about what we don't see on-camera, but I agree, I think Bobby has been to her home.

nwchimom

[228]Feb 12, 2008

Marsika, yeah...I know the kind of people you're talking about. *rolls eyes* The kind who say, "It's IMPOSSIBLE for there to be any kind of BA ship because we haven't seen something specific"....instead of the more plausible "We haven't seen anything specific BUT it could be possible."

Anyway, I think it's probable that Bobby and Alex have been to each other's places at least a few times. I see Bobby picking up Alex and driving her home after Kevin Quinn's funeral; I see him taking her home or at least visiting her after she's released from the hospital in Blind Spot; I see Alex taking Bobby home after his mother's funeral. I can see Bobby visiting Alex while she's out on maternity leave, either before or after her nephew was born. Alex might even check on Bobby after his ordeal in Untethered.

OuroborosSnyder

[229]Feb 12, 2008
    nwchimom wrote:

I wouldn't say with certainty Bobby has never been to Eames' place other than when she was kidnapped. We haven't *seen* them at each other's homes, but that doesn't mean they haven't been. Bobby seemed familiar with the layout of Eames' house and it was like he could sense the vibe of the place...he never went into the bedroom or bathroom, yet he was certain she wasn't there.

Snyder, I don't know if Bobby owns a car, but he does drive. He drove Eames to the Quinn's house after Kevin's funeral in Amends. He once told Bishop that Eames likes to drive, so she drives.

BTW, the fact that Bobby was driving in Amends leads me to believe that he picked Alex up at her house for the funeral.

PS - I agree with the person who suggested looking at a map of NYC. You really should get the layout of the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island) fixed in your mind before trying to write about it. You can look them up on Wikipedia, as well, to figure out what landmarks and such are in what borough. It gets confusing when you add in the different neighborhoods in each borough. You've got NYC, which is split into 5 regions called boroughs, then each borough has many neighborhoods. One of Brooklyn's neighborhoods is Bensonhurst, which is where VDO is from if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I can recall when Bobby drives Eames. What was the episode when Bobby was holding the keys out and Alex snags them. Sorry...not much more detail I can give you there LOL. I always see that scene in youtube vids. That big a deal?

Yeah, I might need to look it up but it's not that big a deal. It's only like the beginning few paragraphs about him thinking and getting home. If anyones wants to read the first few paragraphs, let me know. Of course, now I'm going to have to change it! *Pouts off* LOL It was meant to be just a short fanfic but it keeps growing into 40 some odd pages (so far).

So, Bensonhurst? It that a nice neighborhood? Are you guys from NY or something? LOL Sorry, I'm a west coast 'babe' ...not that I consider myself a babe. =)

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[230]Feb 12, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    Nwichy, I was going to say that it would be my guess that Bobby's been to Alex's home as well. I just know there are people who think it's wrong to assume about what we don't see on-camera, but I agree, I think Bobby has been to her home.

Yeah. I agree with that on any show. It's just not realistic to assume that they've never seen each other outside of work. Or been to eachothers homes and what not. I wonder if we'll ever seen one of them at eachothers house in an episode...*Goes off into deep thought*

~Snyder~

mariska143

[231]Feb 12, 2008
    nwchimom wrote:

Marsika, yeah...I know the kind of people you're talking about. *rolls eyes* The kind who say, "It's IMPOSSIBLE for there to be any kind of BA ship because we haven't seen something specific"....instead of the more plausible "We haven't seen anything specific BUT it could be possible."

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!! That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Sorry. I defend my ships.

And I muchly agree with all those points you just made.

mariska143

[232]Feb 12, 2008
    P.S. Snyder, that episode was Siren Call. s 6x3.

OuroborosSnyder

[233]Feb 13, 2008

Ugh, so I'm debating on whether or not I should change it...perhaps him going back home in a taxi? Or do you think he drove to his brothers place? GRRR So many little different things you have to think about.

~Snyder~

mariska143

[234]Feb 13, 2008
    What if Eames drove him? (Oops, we're not s'posed to be talking about fanfic... msg me!)

OuroborosSnyder

[235]Feb 14, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    What if Eames drove him? (Oops, we're not s'posed to be talking about fanfic... msg me!)

I'm going to assume no, because he was out in the middle of the sidewalk after leaving his brother, I'd assume that if she did drive him, then she'd be right by his side. So...yeah yeah yeah, I'll PM you. =)

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[236]Feb 23, 2008

Question: So...wait, what? Goren and Eames dressed up as doctors? Please explain!!!

~Snyder~

mariska143

[237]Feb 23, 2008
    LOL they dressed up as doctors in Prisoner to lure Mitch into see "Wendy," because they were having trouble finding him. They took their doctor names from Zoonotic, a little wink to the viewers

OuroborosSnyder

[238]Feb 25, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    LOL they dressed up as doctors in Prisoner to lure Mitch into see "Wendy," because they were having trouble finding him. They took their doctor names from Zoonotic, a little wink to the viewers

So...the episode is called Prisoner? LOL God, I don't know why that confused me but it took me a bit to get it. I had to read it over and over again. LOL Thanks though =)

~Snyder~

mariska143

[239]Feb 25, 2008
    Yeah... the episode with The Bobby Goren dance is Prisoner

OuroborosSnyder

[240]Feb 25, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    Yeah... the episode with The Bobby Goren dance is Prisoner

The dance like in my icon? Or the dance like...*Goes onto photobucket* The dance like this one below?

I've always wondered which episode this was from! LOL What the hell is he doing? So...yeah.

~Snyder~