Ask a Question - General News - DVD News

seisei16

[41]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    hwy, i have sort of a strange question. in the episode "yesterday" the character Lippmann is at home with his wife and she was telling about what she had told the police and he says something like "be a good boy, keep a nice home.." and then he stops and says everything is fine and he can handle it. My question is, do we ever find out about why he said something like that? did i just miss that part of the episode, or does that have nothing to do with the episode? I was just wondering...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilyahna

[42]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    It's probably part of personal mantra, and may have been something his mother/father said to him when he was younger. Lippman was very into rigidly controlling himself (as Goren points out in the interrogation)... what he said was probably like... counting to ten to control one's temper... you know?

demondog888

[43]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 3

Okay, is there somewhere on the actual episode, as it's being shown (in the beginning or end credits) that tells you what the episode is called? I mean, I can look things up here and see an episode title but it's tedious if I don't know what it's called and want to find the write-up on it.

The reason I ask is that I just saw a re-run of an episode that I had never seen before and didn't know what season or title was and wanted to find out what it was called (and no, I *don't* have Eames' hair styles memorized so I can identify the season by that as I've seen others say). I had to go through a bunch of episodes, click on them, read what it's about, to find out the name of it. It's a little annoying to do if I can just look at the actual episode and find it there in the credits..

Thanks,

LM

Edited on 03/01/2007 12:31pm

ilyahna

[44]Mar 1, 2007
    The only place you can see the names (that I know of) is if you have Direct TV or the kind of cable where you can check the info.

mariska143

[45]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    Or you can ask freaks like me! *I* have Eames' hairstyles memorized! *jumps up and down like a frantic dog*

luvci75

[46]Mar 2, 2007
    or you can check tvguide.com; they post the name of each episode.

Vandelay2K

[47]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    luvci75 wrote:

Or if you watch the USA network repeats, you can check their schedule page. It's nice that you can go back months or even years I think, if you remember what day and time you watched an ep.

http://www.usanetwork.com/schedules/sched.php

demondog888

[48]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 3
    mariska143 wrote:
    Or you can ask freaks like me! *I* have Eames' hairstyles memorized! *jumps up and down like a frantic dog*

LOL.. you are funny! I knew there was at least one person who had her hair memorised. ;oD

Vandelay2K wrote:
    luvci75 wrote:

Or if you watch the USA network repeats, you can check their schedule page. It's nice that you can go back months or even years I think, if you remember what day and time you watched an ep.

http://www.usanetwork.com/schedules/sched.php

Thanks to everyone for answering. TV Guide might be useful but I don't get USA Network on my cable (I think it may be available as a Pay TV thing here in Canada). It's just annoying to have to read each synopsis to figure out what it's called. Not that it's the end of the world if I don't know.. I'm just anal that way. ;o)

LM

Skaramouche

[49]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 12

I have a question for y'all. 

Not sure if I was hallucinating but does Eames have a tattoo?!  I noticed it once on her shoulderblade when she was entering an interrogation room.  I can't remember the ep though.  I know it's definitely in either Season 1 or 2 because they are the only ones released over here so they're the ones I watch ALL the time when I need my CI fix. 

Maybe I'll just have to watch all the eps all over again... gee, what a pain

nwchimom

[50]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes, Kathryn Erbe has a tattoo on her shoulder blade. I think it's a T and an M in a heart (for her husband Terry and daughter Maeve). There's a website somewhere out there with pics and an explanation, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head.

mariska143

[51]Mar 9, 2007
    Cool- I just googled Kathryn Erbe, tattoo, and went a Stir of Echoes website... albeit with a weird/freaky name, fleshfarm.com or something, and it explained that. *Rushes off to watch every episode it could be in*

nwchimom

[52]Mar 10, 2007

KE's tattoo:

Ok, I can't seem to embed the picture in the post, so here's a link. http://i19.tinypic.com/2qu2fr7.jpg

Can someone give me a clue on how to put images right in the post, please?

Edited on 03/10/2007 9:14am

mariska143

[53]Mar 10, 2007

I uploaded it onto photobucket, and then pasted the third link, {IMG} into the post. I think that works!

kkredhead00

[54]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    hey everybody i just wondered if anyone knew if we're going to get any eames centered episodes anytime soon....seems like we've had a couple with goren (with his mom/family) so i just wondered....i did not know she had a tatto wow the truth comes out she's my hero (lol). also, mariska143 I LOVE your banner/pictures/whatchamacallits they're amazing!

Skaramouche

[55]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 12
    Hey!  Great detective work guys.  Well, we did learn from the best after all!  Goren and Eames would be proud.  What ep was the tattoo in, if you can remember?

nwchimom

[56]Mar 10, 2007

Skaramouche...Sorry, I don't know the ep title. There's more to the story about the tattoo: apparently they gave Kevin Bacon the same tattoo (fake) for the movie Stir of Echoes. For film purposes the T and M stood for their character names. Kinda cool.

Mariska...I did the same thing with tinypic, but the code wasn't working. Weird. Anyway, thanks for posting it.

mariska143

[57]Mar 10, 2007
    No problem, nwch. Thanks for the compliment on my sig, kkred!
    Edited on 03/10/2007 8:54pm

kkredhead00

[58]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 10
    no problem seeing as how it's true mariska143 and also any thoughts anyone on my quesion?

lostonmars

[59]Mar 20, 2007

kkred - I believe there will be 3 eps for each team before the end of the season. Yeah, the next new one is an LW ep, but Goren/Eames should be back after that. They've only posted 4 new episodes in the Season 6 list, but I can't imagine they won't have more during May sweeps.

I'm glad that VDO is still in this series, given the alternative; but I haven't warmed up to Logan too much. Guess I just find the Goren/Eames team has a more interesting dynamic - and more history, of course...

Whatevo-Greggo

[60]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 1

I couldn't figure out where to put this so I'll put it here and hope that it's right. I'm kinda new to this show and missed the ealier seasons and I was wondering if there is a site with full episode recaps. If someone could help it wuld be really appreciated.