Ask a Question - General News - DVD News

luvci75

[101]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    Oh, nwchi, I don't think you sound like a know-it-all! I'm in science, I love precision too. I'm just happy that someone else goes to the trouble of finding out the details I'd like to know about.

BTW, last week, when they posted still pictures of the season premiere on The Reel website, someone looked online and found out the meaning of Goren's and Eames's insignia. Pretty interesting, it shows Eames has one as a marksman.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shross03

[102]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 1

The SSA and medicaid areseparate entities, as is medicaid and chip. Neither master of the other except in salaray. The SSAhas no particular association with medicaid, in fact, a child receiving ssi, social security benefits cannot receive medicaid, and is exempt from the PA group. A child can receive RSDI/disablilty ssa benefits and remain on medicaid, however.

Straight from the charts ( I presume as designated by the federal government for all states) ---

TP 40- pregnant woman

TP 45- Newborn child

TP 43- children through age 12 months

TP 48- children, age 13 monts through 5 years

TP 44-children between 6 and 19 years

TP 47- children who would be elilgible except for income and the TANF budget includes income of a stepparent or minor parent's parent (grandparent)

TP 55- Pregnant woman, children in a 2-parent family deprived of parental support and their caretaker and 2nd pare (if they meet incapacity pf TP 61 requirements)

TP 30- ineligible alien with an emergency medical condition who is a

child under 19

pregnant woman

or caretaker/second parent of a deprived child.

shross03

[103]Oct 4, 2007
    Correction:
    salary

shross03

[104]Oct 4, 2007
    Correction:
    months (Ican spell a little)
    TP 44 children from ages 6-18

nwchimom

[105]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 4

My brother is in his 30s, mentally and physically disabled, receives SSI payments, and is on Medicaid.

You seem to be skipping over the fact that states can set their own rules for Medicaid eligibility.

nwchimom

[106]Oct 4, 2007
    luvci75 wrote:
    Oh, nwchi, I don't think you sound like a know-it-all! I'm in science, I love precision too. I'm just happy that someone else goes to the trouble of finding out the details I'd like to know about.

BTW, last week, when they posted still pictures of the season premiere on The Reel website, someone looked online and found out the meaning of Goren's and Eames's insignia. Pretty interesting, it shows Eames has one as a marksman.

Thanks. I loved seeing their insignia...and you know I was right there trying to figure it all out. We are still debating on the meaning of the stripes on Goren's lower sleeve. They seem to signify either 4 or 5 years of service with the NYPD (per each stripe, so that gives Bobby 12 or 15 years). Eames' white XXV bar seems to signify 25 years of service. I would really like to speak with the show's technical advisor to get a straight answer!

shross03

[107]Oct 4, 2007
    SSI is from the social security administration. It is not medicaid.

luvci75

[108]Oct 4, 2007
    Hmmm... 25 years of service for Eames? Did she join the NYPD at 15? I was just wondering if you can join the Police Academy right after High School and they'd count that as service? That's the only way it would work, unless she's 45 years old on the show, which I doubt.

mariska143

[109]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 16
    I read on thereel that she has three five year bars of service... but I didn't see the XXV?

nwchimom

[110]Oct 4, 2007
    That's Bobby who has the three bars/stripes on his sleeve. Above Eames' badge are some insignia bars. One of those is white with Roman numerals ("XXV"). Officially it's supposed to show years of service, but who knows what it means in the TV world. I wonder if she was a junior auxilliary member, and perhaps that service counts? (You know, the kids who try to buy cigarettes and alcohol to bust store owners.) As I said, I'd really like to talk to the tech advisor, or the prop department, or someone!

Skaramouche

[111]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 12

That was my dream when I was younger, to be one of those kids that tries and busts store owners for selling things to underage kids. I really do watch too much TV!

I heard Amends was awesome!! I'm just sitting here in Aus, green with envy. In fact, if they took a picture from space right now, there's be a small green blip on the east coast of Australia. That would be me.

nwchimom

[112]Oct 5, 2007
    Oh, Mouche...you kill me. Love your childhood dream.

Poor you, a green blip seen from space. I think it's terrible that you don't see CI when we do. In fact, I met someone from Korea who gets the show on cable at the same time we do in the US! How crazy is that?? Even Canada isn't getting it until Sunday.

PS - Have I told you I love your icon? Seriously.

Gratz11

[113]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 2

Is there anyone who thinks it would be only natural that Goren and Eames become somewhat romantic? Bobby seemed very shy when his brother asked about his relationship with Eames. Almost as if he felt too insecure - after all, Bobby is brilliant but not too socially adept. I really wanted to see them at least embrace when she was reliving the loss of her husband and he the loss of his mother!!

Also, is there anyone else who thinks that Alicia Witt will make a vibrant, interesting partner for Mike Logan? She almost has the same self-assurance that Mike Logan had on the original L&O. Can't wait to see her episodes!!!!

newjerseyliz

[114]Oct 8, 2007

Can someone answer a question about "Renewal"? I didn't see it when it was first shown on NBC so watched it for the first time last night. I must have been flipping channels at the wrong time but I didn't see the resolution of the killing of the police recruit (I saw the explanation for Logan's friend who died) and I just wondered what the explanation was. They were looking for the young woman who changed her hair who was his girlfriend but they called her a serial killer and I'm not sure how many people she killed, who they were, why she killed or how they caught her.

Could someone fill in the blanks here? There aren't a lot of episode guides have offer the conclusions of each episode, just the basis of the initial crime investigation.

Thanks for your help!

Skaramouche

[115]Oct 16, 2007

Thanks nwichy, I love my icon too! I don't think I'll ever be able to change it, it's the sweetest!!

And my question that I bring to the table. I was looking up all the characters on wikipedia (man, I love that site!) and it talked about how Deakins had a wife and three daughters. I don't remember them ever mentioning that at all. What episode was that in?

I reckon this'll be a big test because it's not a Bobby or Alex question. I want to be impressed by your work

Ruby-Red

[116]Oct 16, 2007

Season 4 ep 'The Unblinking Eye'. When the young girl is reluctant to talk to the detectives and Deakins sits down to talk to the mom, he takes out some pictures, of his three daughters, i think it was the youngest, he said that gave him the most headaches (could be wrong) but he did point out one of them.

If it weren't for some kind souls, i wouldn't be seeing season six til next year on UK television (satellite), so make that 2009 for season seven!

nwchimom

[117]Oct 16, 2007
    Ruby Red, did you see that someone has put Amends up on YouTube? Search YouTube.com for Law and Order Criminal Intent S07 E01. There are 4 or 5 parts.

nwchimom

[118]Oct 16, 2007
    newjerseyliz wrote:

Can someone answer a question about "Renewal"? I didn't see it when it was first shown on NBC so watched it for the first time last night. I must have been flipping channels at the wrong time but I didn't see the resolution of the killing of the police recruit (I saw the explanation for Logan's friend who died) and I just wondered what the explanation was. They were looking for the young woman who changed her hair who was his girlfriend but they called her a serial killer and I'm not sure how many people she killed, who they were, why she killed or how they caught her.

Could someone fill in the blanks here? There aren't a lot of episode guides have offer the conclusions of each episode, just the basis of the initial crime investigation.

Thanks for your help!

Renewal was very hard to follow. I no longer have it recorded so I can't rewatch now, but the killer of the police recruit was his girlfriend, who turned out to be an identity thief who was studying Nicole Wallace in her criminology class. This plot actually was secondary to Logan investigating the death of his neighbor, so they dispatched it rather quickly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

mariska143

[119]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 16
    Skaramouche wrote:

Thanks nwichy, I love my icon too! I don't think I'll ever be able to change it, it's the sweetest!!

And my question that I bring to the table. I was looking up all the characters on wikipedia (man, I love that site!) and it talked about how Deakins had a wife and three daughters. I don't remember them ever mentioning that at all. What episode was that in?

I reckon this'll be a big test because it's not a Bobby or Alex question. I want to be impressed by your work

Mouchey.... why didn't you ask meee?? :'(

Skaramouche

[120]Oct 17, 2007

Mariska, no joke, I actually copied and pasted that post I made from an email I was about to send to you! But then I was like "Aw, I miss the forums"so I decided to post it here instead. Don't worry, I haven't lost faith in you!

And thanks Ruby for the answer!

AND I totally saw Amends, yay. I am contented.