Ask a Question - General News - DVD News

jakeqt

[121]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Does anyone know the title and artist of that arabic-sounding song in the opening sequences of last week's (Nov 1) episode of CI ("Depths")? I need to know!!

Thanks so much!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eliaex

[122]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    Gratz11 wrote:

Also, is there anyone else who thinks that Alicia Witt will make a vibrant, interesting partner for Mike Logan? She almost has the same self-assurance that Mike Logan had on the original L&O. Can't wait to see her episodes!!!!

I was really looking forward to them as well but have been, unfortunately, really disappointed. I find the way she plays the character rather snotty and she appears to be someone who thinks she has to be 'tough' to be accepted.Her predecessors didn't have to be that way to succeed, neither does she. I know some of it is the writing but overall the impression is 'blah'

Without being too nasty i think this re-cast was a failure. Sad, too, becauseI adore Logan and wish they could find a 'partner' that could really be complimentary and equal.

adroguru

[123]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    CI Needs Mccoy! I hope Waterston will make appearances. After all it seems major case would need some supervision of the DA.

OuroborosSnyder

[124]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 25

Hey Guys! Just a quick question. I was watching a video on myspace and there was a scene where Bobby 'let' a chair (or maybe pushed it) LOL down a ramp sort of things and it hit the stairs and fell. It looked like it was Alex at the bottom he was yelling to. Or at least I think so, there was no sound so I'm not quite sure. Anyways, if someone could help me; I was wondering what episode that was. Thanks!

~Snyder~

mariska143

[125]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    That's Inert Dwarf, Season 4. Hello Snyder! I didn't know you started liking CI! Welcome!

OuroborosSnyder

[126]Jan 6, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    That's Inert Dwarf, Season 4. Hello Snyder! I didn't know you started liking CI! Welcome!

Oh yes, I'm cursed for being addicted to shows! I didn't at first, but damn, I think I've fallen in love with my favorite character, Bobby Goren. I'm interested, thats for sure. =) I didn't go to bed last night until 9 AM because I was too busy reading fics (not that that helps with the real knowledge) and watching vids of CI.
    Thanks for your help!

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[127]Jan 7, 2008

Ok, so I have another question, Mariska! LOL. So, which episode was it where Bobby and Alex were walking away from a house and they turn back around and a guy shoots himself in the head (under the chin) and then his wife and kid come out and so on. Please help! Thanks!

And Khaki, I didn't realize you were the Mod here as well! Thats awesome! You're my favorite Mod (at least I get along with you) =) *Waves*

~Snyder~

mariska143

[128]Jan 7, 2008
    That's Siren Call, season 7. I still remember how I felt after that episode.... wow. I was like this: 0.0

TVKitty

[129]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 4

Ok, two questions here. Does anyone know which episode involves Bobby Goren going undercover as a messenger/mailman, something like that? I've seen the clip of him dressed like a messenger where he's dancing but don't recall seeing the episode. It looks funny.

And question two: which episode has Eames testifying in court, with Goren in attendance? He looks disburbed by what Eames is saying, but unfortunately I didn't hear the audio (it was a clip shown on one of those You Tube video compilations.) It looks like it could've been a fairly recent episode (not much help I know).

Thanks!

mariska143

[130]Jan 7, 2008
    1. Prisoner, Season 5, and 2. In the Wee Small Hours pt 2, Season 5.

OuroborosSnyder

[131]Jan 7, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    That's Siren Call, season 7. I still remember how I felt after that episode.... wow. I was like this: 0.0

Thanks, but I figured it out right after I asked LOL. I went on thereelvincentdonofrio.com and went through ALL the videos until I found that scene!!!

So, how was the rest of the episode? It just showed the end part...well, with him and Eames in the house of the dude that shot himself. Interesting, I must say.

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[132]Jan 8, 2008

God, I think I'm going to be asking questions to you every night LOL. So, I'm a bit confused on a few things. First off:

I know that Eames was married, but how did her husband die? Wasn't he shot or something. So, in the first season, was she already married? Or was he dead already? Some sketchy facts there that I'd like to have cleared up. And one more thing thats been bothering me. Did Eames have a kid? I didn't think so but not sure...Thanks!

~Snyder~

mariska143

[133]Jan 8, 2008
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

God, I think I'm going to be asking questions to you every night LOL. So, I'm a bit confused on a few things. First off:

I know that Eames was married, but how did her husband die? Wasn't he shot or something. So, in the first season, was she already married? Or was he dead already? Some sketchy facts there that I'd like to have cleared up. And one more thing thats been bothering me. Did Eames have a kid? I didn't think so but not sure...Thanks!

~Snyder~

Yes, Eames was married to a man named Joe Dutton 9 years ago. He was killed in the line of duty two years before the show started. See Amends Season 7. She started dating a year after he died. See Jones Season 1. Eames had a surrogate pregnancy for her sister (See Undaunted Mettle Season 3) and was gone for 7 episodes, and Detective G. Lynn Bishop took her place: See Pravda to Mad Hops, Season 3. She had a nephew who she sees three times a week. Many people think that she is a multiple divorcee because of the line "Married liars, that's my speciality." Some people interpret it as "I married liars, that's my speciality." I personally believe it's, "Married liars are the ones I choose to date before I realize..." My belief is that she has only been married once. Why mention one husband and not the other, eh? Hope this helps

mariska143

[134]Jan 8, 2008
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

mariska143 wrote:

Thanks, but I figured it out right after I asked LOL. I went on thereelvincentdonofrio.com and went through ALL the videos until I found that scene!!!

So, how was the rest of the episode? It just showed the end part...well, with him and Eames in the house of the dude that shot himself. Interesting, I must say.

~Snyder~

It's an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC episode. One of my top 10 (Like I could even choose). It's wonderful. So good. You should watch it. It's really really good. A little bit ruined because you've already seen that bit, but oh well. It's still wonderful.

TVKitty

[135]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    mariska143 wrote:
    1. Prisoner, Season 5, and 2. In the Wee Small Hours pt 2, Season 5.

Thanks! You're very good. ;-)

mariska143

[136]Jan 8, 2008
    Heheheh

OuroborosSnyder

[137]Jan 8, 2008
    mariska143 wrote:
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

~Snyder~

Yes, Eames was married to a man named Joe Dutton 9 years ago. He was killed in the line of duty two years before the show started. See Amends Season 7. She started dating a year after he died. See Jones Season 1. Eames had a surrogate pregnancy for her sister (See Undaunted Mettle Season 3) and was gone for 7 episodes, and Detective G. Lynn Bishop took her place: See Pravda to Mad Hops, Season 3. She had a nephew who she sees three times a week. Many people think that she is a multiple divorcee because of the line "Married liars, that's my speciality." Some people interpret it as "I married liars, that's my speciality." I personally believe it's, "Married liars are the ones I choose to date before I realize..." My belief is that she has only been married once. Why mention one husband and not the other, eh? Hope this helps

Wooh, Wooh, wait a second, time out! I'm still trying to wrap my mind all around this LOL. So, I knew that he was shot in the line of duty, just not when. So, she did have a kid? But it was before the show started? So she wasn't pregant on the show, right? Damn, its all confusing!!! So many episodes to watch. Oh wait, what?! If she was gone for 7 episodes, the she would be pregnant on the show. *Sighs* So, was she partners with Goren then? *Confused look*

~Snyder~

mariska143

[138]Jan 8, 2008
    Yes, she had a kid on the show- she was pregnant on the show. She barely shows for a really long time cause she's so tiny. She barely gained any weight. She's in I think 5 of the 7 Bishop episodes, on desk duty, but then she is gone for the others. Goren has real issues with this... see Stray and especially FPS. She was sort of partners with Goren, but the "replacement" was Bishop. Who I hate. But that's not really relevant. The nice thing about this "pregnancy" was they didn't do some awful coverups like The Folder and the Above the Chin shots and other pathetic attempts to hide the Bump like in Blast with Olivia

OuroborosSnyder

[139]Jan 8, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    Yes, she had a kid on the show- she was pregnant on the show. She barely shows for a really long time cause she's so tiny. She barely gained any weight. She's in I think 5 of the 7 Bishop episodes, on desk duty, but then she is gone for the others. Goren has real issues with this... see Stray and especially FPS. She was sort of partners with Goren, but the "replacement" was Bishop. Who I hate. But that's not really relevant. The nice thing about this "pregnancy" was they didn't do some awful coverups like The Folder and the Above the Chin shots and other pathetic attempts to hide the Bump like in Blast with Olivia

Yeah, I remember SVU...wasn't she holding a box in front of her? LOL.

So...why did Goren have issues with it then? Jealous? Or just hated his new partner and missed his old one. Ahh, so many questions! I shall try to catch up on all of it, but damn if fanfics aren't confusing me! So another question! Was Goren ever married?

~Snyder~

mariska143

[140]Jan 8, 2008
    A box, a file folder.. all ridiculous.

People will have different opinions, but my belief is that Goren doesn't adapt real well to change. He felt comfortable with Eames and was used to her ways, her moods, her thoughts and actions. She also understood him and cared about it. Then Bishop came along and didn't understand his ways of operating and asked many many stupid questions and didn't have a lot of patience for him. It wasn't completely her fault, because Goren really didn't want someone knew, but she didn't help the situation but being frustrated with his methods, sighing all the time and being pissy.... oops, that's my opinion I change my mind... it was her fault. LOL. Watch FPS and Stray- those are some of my favorites. Especially look out for some possible BA... woops! (Heh, I ship too )That's the short version. Careful with fanfic.... there's sometimes a real thin line between what's real and what isn't- I've gotten confused, don't worry!!! I had to actually think about the Eames' husband question for a second! Then I shook my head and realized I knew

Goren was never married, no.