TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

D'Onofrio Returns to Criminal Intent

OuroborosSnyder

[1]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 25

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/usa-picks-up-law-order-ci-for-final-season-with-star-vincent-donofrio-gives-dick-wolf-pilot-commitment-for-new-project/

Wow. How are they going to write him in! Any thoughts? I can't even process this right now!

~Snyder~

Edited on 09/21/2010 1:49pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dad1153

[2]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 11

No Kathy Erbe coming back to reprise her Det. Eames role is a big no-no. She's Watson to Goren's Sherlock, you need both! Maybe the producers aregoing to keep Saffron Burrows' character around so that she becomes Goren's silent mute female head-shaking significant other for the meager EIGHT more episodes of "CI" we're going to get. Oh well, bittersweet happiness here I come.

OuroborosSnyder

[3]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 25

dad1153 wrote:

No Kathy Erbe coming back to reprise her Det. Eames role is a big no-no. She's Watson to Goren's Sherlock, you need both!

Exactly! I'm just wondering how they're going to pull this off. My mind is racing...

~Snyder~

layle1

[4]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 72
    What I hope is that they clear out the current writers' room of the people who should have been writing for the Mother Ship (and some who should have been writing for NCIS or CSI franchises) and hire back the caliber of writers who can handle CI-level writing. It's a whole other process, in my opinion, and was way above some of last season's writers' intellects and skills.

I also hope the negotiations with Erbe are successful, and it would be a kick if they could get Vance and figure out a believable back-story that allowed Sheridan to come back.

(Thanks to OuroborosSnyder for posting this so quickly .)

lynna12000

[5]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 21
    I'm keeping my hopes up for Kathy Erbe's return. As long as the writers give the series a proper send off, I won't whine too much about it ending. Of course, it wouldn't be difficult to improve on last season...even with writers fresh out of high school.

VdO coming back! For once TPTB listened to the fans. I'll enjoy it this once...because I'm VERY certain it won't happen again any time soon.

maniacalzebra

[6]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 5
    I avoided this last season like the plague because VDO wasn't there, but now, I'll be back! They still need to get Erbe back, though. Goren doesn't handle change well, and the show might not work without her.

dixieh

[7]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 3

I'm not sure I'm happy about this. I can't quite figure out how an MCS universe works without Ross or Eames. I also can't figure out how Goren can get from "you're fired" to - well -to whatever status he'll have within this new MCS universe. God forbid he consults as some sort of independent profiler. Bestcase senario - Eames is Captain and her first act is reinstating Goren. This would be happiness. Come on Katherine Erbe say yes to 8 more episodes ... p-l-e-a-s-e with skittles on top!

dad1153

[8]Oct 8, 2010

Kathy Erbe signs on for The Final Eight: http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/kathryn-erbe-back-on-law-order-ci/

The gang is back!Laughing

Edited on 10/08/2010 1:25pm

lynna12000

[9]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 21
    dad1153 wrote:

Kathy Erbe signs on for The Final Eight: http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/kathryn-erbe-back-on-law-order-ci/

The gang is back!Laughing

This is AWESOME news. Now we just need the writers to give the show its' proper ending.

TaiKamiya

[10]Oct 28, 2010

BEST. NEWS. EVER.

That was a despicable way to send off Goren and Eames, it's only right Goldblum bolts and leaves them in the lurch.

Life usually doesn't let you try to get things right a second time. Hopefully they send off Goren and Eames properly.

Hiphopshopx

[11]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 8
    I have a theory about the pairs return.

So I stole the episode (Loyalty II) since its the last one I watched and noticed that the FBI said if Goren got fired, they couldn't do anything for him. But I think they took him on and he may or may not have done work for them.

Only way Eames could consider coming back to MCS is if Bobby came back so maybe it's one big case. Cause, I've never heard of anything like "You got fired...some come on back!" over such a long period of time. I hop they have some kind of personal connection outside of work. Closer friends, idk.

tryptz

[12]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 13

I am ecstatic. I hope they pull out all the stops....I hope they leave Goren happy at the end and not kill him or make him mad.

haldrey

[13]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 22
    Fantastic news, and soon, in May 2011.

DominicanSin3

[14]Mar 29, 2011

I saw the commercial for the May 1st season premier the last night and I am soooo excited. I have not watched this show probably since 2 episodes after Nichols and the long red haired woman took over. It's just not the same without Goren and Eames. Are they cancelling this part of the franchise too is that why they are bringing them back?

scatha_guardian

[15]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 35
    Well, I have not posted on tv.com in a long time, but I had to for this...yea, they are bring back my man! You rock, Goren! I will be watching every show!

dad1153

[16]Apr 15, 2011

JULIA ORMOND WILL GUEST-STAR ON "CI" THROUGHOUT ALL EIGHT EPISODES OF SEASON 10: http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/julia-ormond-to-co-star-on-final-season-of-law-order-criminal-intent/. She plays a shrink that Goren is forced to see in order to be accepted back into Major Squad; think Doctors Olivet and Skoda on regular "L&O," or Dr. Hwuang in "SVU." Interesting.