Game Thread #2: You know you're obsessed wIth CI when...

How Often Are You Glued To The TV For One Episode or Another?

ilyahna

[1]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 8

Ok...it's my birthday so I decided to start an amusing poll in honor of the fact that I am now closer to thirty than twenty, and I feel that humor is required. I'll add a few, and the rest of you can add a few. I think it's a safe bet that most of us here will have something for this one! Hehehhe.

YOu KNow You'RE ObSessED WiTh CI WheN:

1. You watch a movie with someone in which a crime is committed, and you find yourself explaining how Goren    would never have been fooled by this hollywood criminal's ill-conceived cover-up

2. You absolutely DO NOT work on Tuesdays. They know this at your job, and...most of them know why.

3. You have a Law and Order ringtone on your cell phone.(yes, yes I do)

4. You've caught yourself thinking "What would Goren do in this situation?"

Edited on 01/26/2007 6:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aprily

[2]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 1
    Happy Birthday! I just turned 27 a few days ago too. I think I read about another person here who had a birthday recently .. strange, huh? I love it.

I can't beleive you have a law and order ring tone. You are such a nerd. It's a brilliant idea and I want one too. Haha

ilyahna

[3]Nov 16, 2006
    Buahahha. It was $2.49, plus tax. Thank you. Hehhe.

mogirl98

[4]Nov 16, 2006

Hey, age is no determining factor when it comes to Bobby -- I'm over 50 --- ;0)

You know you're obsessed with criminal intent when you work in a law firm, are complimented on your skill at finding people on the internet, and you reply, I went to the Goren School of Criminal Investigation ---

vdofan1

[5]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 3

HAHAHA...  The Law and Order ringtone is the first thing I downloaded when I got my last two phones.  Seems like a pretty normal thing to do for someone like me, who enjoys her obsessions. 

I also recorded the opening on my phone.  You know...."In New York city's war on crime the worst criminal offenders are pursued the detectives of the major case squad, these are their stories.  Chung...chung."

What's really weird is catching yourself doing a Goren mannerism and then cracking up about it.  Expecially embarrassing when other people are around.  LOL!!!!

Aprily

[6]Nov 16, 2006
    mogirl98 is just trying to show off because she's closer to Bobby's age than us! Kidding kidding ^ ^ Hey do you really work in a law firm?

You know you are addicted to this show when somebody says "in new york..." and you immediatly think "city's war on time the worst criminal offenders......"

You know you are addicted to this show when . . somebody says they dont like this show and you want to become violent with them and ask "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY! WHY! What is WRONG with you people!!!"

mogirl98

[7]Nov 16, 2006

Yes, I really work in a law firm.  I've worked in regular civil litigation firms, and right now I work for a firm that specializes in toxic torts, especially asbestos exposure (mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer) ---

But, before I went to work there, I worked for 8-1/2 years for a county sheriff's office, assigned to assist criminal investigations --- preparing reports, organizing evidence, that kind of stuff. 

I simply ADORE Goren (and his alter ego, Vincent) -- ;0)

CIGoren

[8]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    How about when you've started actually talking like Goren (with awkward pauses, etc), and have even tilted your head from side to side at times.

mariska143

[9]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 16
    Yeah, I have the ringtone too!!

When you tilt your head to the side now almost constantly, and people have started pointing it out.

When reading Hamlet, you think like Bobby and try to diagnose him.

When you talk in class, you reference many, many CI cases, and everyone thinks you're really, really smart because you know more than anyone else when it comes to the law, and when they ask you what's your secret, you simply smile and say, "Bobby." They don't understand.

When someone says to you, "Did you watch the CI last night?" and you kick over the trash can falling off the couch in excitement.

When you have developed your own effect for Bobby, called, precisely, "The Bobby Effect." It is your penname and would be your screenname if you didn't have 28 already. (See my blog for definition of "The Bobby Effect.")

When anyone in your family figures something out that was really hard, you call it "Pulling a Bobby."

When you refuse to do anything on Tuesday nights and begin preparing for the episodes at 6:30 and continuously count off the MINUTES, succeeding in annoying your entire family.

When you bought a video iPod just so you could watch Bobby anywhere, anytime.

When anyone that says to you, "Why do you like him?" You have about a list of fifty... thousand reasons why- that you think of off the top of your head- and not even going into each individual episode.

When you rate episodes in many different ways: How funny/cute/intelligent/perfect Bobby was, how funny/cute/intelligent/perfect Eames was, how wonderful their interactions were, the actual crime, and how long it stuck with you. (E.g. The Wee Small Hours, Blind Spot, The War At Home= 10.0 because they stuck with me for weeks. I'm still under the War At Home effect)

When you use Eames' lines in class and everybody finds you so immensely clever because they've never heard them before (because those idiots don't watch CI)

When you almost physically squealed when you saw this post.

When someone starts to say, "I don't like CI-" you attack them and fiercely defend it until they see the light/run away scared as hell/ pretend to like it just so I'll stop snarling at them

... Obsessed=understatement.

There are more, I'm just braindead.

mariska143

[10]Nov 16, 2006
    Oh.

When you see a sweater that looks exactly like the one Eames wore in "On Fire" and "Masquerade" and spent your next month's allowance on it.

When you call that sweater the Eames Sweater and your mother knows exactly which one it is.

When you made a list of fifty reasons you hate Bishop off the top of your head without even looking at a single episode.

When you have a disease that you only get while watching Bishop called "Bishoplynnhateitis" and it can only be cured with "Eamesicillin." (Not joking..)

When you know what season and episode is in less than three seconds.

When, if it takes you longer than three seconds to identify the episode, you can identify it by Eames' hair, then Bobby's suits.

When you had a small party on Monday after finally seeing Shibboleth, the only episode of CI you had never seen (and you only started watching in July)

When your Tivo has nothing but CI (and SVU).

When you watch certain episodes to make you feel better.

When you can recite the banter from "Baggage" by heart.

When you know exactly what episodes he calls her "Alex" in.

When you have made a list of Nicole Wallace's muders.

When you have spent twenty minutes making this list.

When you jump out of your chair when someone says "Did you see last night on that show where that guy..." And you can tell the rest of the episode without blinking (even if you didn't even watch it last night)

When you realize that these two posts you've posted are so long people probably will die laughing in the middle.

When you belong to practically every fanfic site there is.

When you write "Bobby" as an annotation in your books.

When you name your iPod Bobby (After debating through Alex, Olivia, or Elliot... then realize after you should have named it Aly Stenson).

When you are doing this with a completely serious face and not joking about one bit.

When you will defend CI to the death.

When, on your trip to New York, you spend an entire day finding the Law and Order buildings, find a man loading props, keep the sheet he gave you with the information for Country Crossover in your purse at ALL TIMES, and break into the stage where they film the 11th floor of Major Case.

When your mother reminds you the actual reason you went to New York (a wedding), you pause for a moment because you forget what it actually was.

When you are excited about the location of the wedding only because it was right next door to Law and Order, not because it was on a pier in New York City (it was also where they filmed the credit card scene for Siren Call).

When you just know you'll be posting on this about eight thousand times in the next... hour.

Aprily

[11]Nov 16, 2006
    Wow you guys are crazier than me! I can't believe it! Awesome.

"When you call that sweater the Eames Sweater and your mother knows exactly which one it is."

Aprily

[12]Nov 16, 2006
    okay most of my post was cut off! whyyyyyyyyy

night_owl13

[13]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 4
    Holy cow Mariska. Holy. Cow. Did you really break into the CI set? That's hard-freakin'-core.

I love CI but I'm not at the level of obsession where I scour the Internet looking for the perfect Eames/Goren desktop image. I figure it'll all be over after that and there will be no turning back. I'm thinking Mariska has a gig worth of CI desktop images on her hard drive.

mariska143

[14]Nov 16, 2006
    night_owl13 wrote:
    Holy cow Mariska. Holy. Cow. Did you really break into the CI set? That's hard-freakin'-core.

I love CI but I'm not at the level of obsession where I scour the Internet looking for the perfect Eames/Goren desktop image. I figure it'll all be over after that and there will be no turning back. I'm thinking Mariska has a gig worth of CI desktop images on her hard drive.

*Looks around guiltily* Well.. the door wasn't locked... and the stage was pretty lame.. no one was in there.. *Makes lame excuses*

And er... yeah, you're right.
    I currently have V'DO as my background...

If I could figure out how to make screencaps into freeze frame pictures... forget it. I'm done for. I'll have to have a special computer/external hardrive for this stuff.

Meh... I'm just an obsessive person. It's my nature. (Honest, I really am. Ya'll should see my Hamlet book )

mariska143

[15]Nov 16, 2006
    When you jump up and down and scream at the television when you don't
    agree with something that is going on in the plotline/story (In the
    first SVU I ever watched, I was screaming at Alex Cabot to say
    objection, and all those terms, right before she actually did it- every
    time).

When, in the beginning of when you watched this show, vowed to make CI lovers out of your mom and her boyfriend...

When your mom's boyfriend is constantly pointing out shippy things (I
    didn't just create a CI lover, I created a CI and SVU shipper).

When you know EXACTLY what episodes to pick out to show to your friend who has never seen the show.

When your friends come over and ask if they can watch the show.

When you sound so much smarter just because you've learned the terms
    that you hear on the show and integrate them into your life.

When you realize that you talk like a cop, and not like a civilian.

When you see police officers and wonder what they think of CI and SVU.
    Edited on 11/16/2006 10:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ilyahna

[16]Nov 17, 2006

OH MY GOD Mariska thanks for the birthday present. I just spent the last five minutes with tears streaming out of my right eye (yes, curiously, only that one) reading your posts!!! In honor I have to add a few more:

-When you watch the intros for all seasons and INSTANTLY identify from each two-second aspect of the black and white still-montage: the episode, the circumstance, what Bobby just said and is about to say, and what you thought about that.

-When you've gone on a date with Bobby, in your head. (don't lie, ladies)

-When you've actually shed tears over the tragic turn of events assailing our beloved hero

-When you realize that you experience daily more than one "Oh...I watched a CI about this very thing the other day"

-When you know the title, season, and disc number of every CI episode currently on DVD

-When you could write essays on more than a dozen aspects of Robert Goren, while skillfully referencing the appropriate episodes

-When you have more than one or two things to contribute to this post and will probably think of more later.

Edited on 11/17/2006 12:25am

night_owl13

[17]Nov 17, 2006
    I am just going to slowly back away from this topic. No sudden movements. You have reached heights of CI obsessions to which I can only aspire.
    Edited on 11/17/2006 12:50am

ilyahna

[18]Nov 17, 2006
    Don't tell anyone ok? It's...mostly...still...a secret.

night_owl13

[19]Nov 17, 2006
    Your secret is safe with me. Thank God for the Internet, it is a safe haven for those of us who wish to dork ourselves out and still remain anonymous.
    Edited on 11/17/2006 12:54am

AmazinglyTee

[20]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 5
    i know what you mean...im such a nerd on here but i seem normal in the real world lol...its great huh?