TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Game Thread #2: You know you're obsessed wIth CI when...

How Often Are You Glued To The TV For One Episode or Another?

kayte1273

[21]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    you know you're obsessed with Criminal Intent when you buy the second season on DVD from Amazon.co.uk because it doesn't come out in the US for another 3 weeks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

night_owl13

[22]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 4
    Hey, how come they get it first?!

Aprily

[23]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    Well I have not done these things but they are fun ideas I'm sure

When you make a youtube video with scenes about the show set to some fun music

When you bookmark every youtube video other people have made with scenes about the show set to fun music (okay i admit i did THIS one)

When you have a criminal intent poster on your wall

When you could not find a criminal intent poster so you spent weeks drawing one

When you ironed a picture of Bobby onto your pillow so you can sleep better at night (good idea, right? go for it)

ilyahna

[24]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    kayte1273 wrote:
    you know you're obsessed with Criminal Intent when you buy the second season on DVD from Amazon.co.uk because it doesn't come out in the US for another 3 weeks.

Ohhhhh...you're going to be MAD pissed when you realize your zone 2 DVD's won't play in the U.S.

kayte1273

[25]Nov 19, 2006
    i have a region-free player, it's not the first time i've gotten something fom across th pond that the US didn't have.

ilyahna

[26]Nov 19, 2006
    Yay. I was worried. Hehe.

mogirl98

[27]Nov 19, 2006

You spend Sunday morning looking at CI video clips on YouTube --

FABULOUS clip of Bobby and Alex called "The World I Know"  ----- sitting here with tears running down my face -----

ilyahna

[28]Nov 19, 2006
    If you haven't seen the video on Jenncho's site www.jennchoproductions.com I think, that is of R Kelley's song "Trapped in the Closet," you must go there and find it and watch it. It features the eyepatch and is probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

kayte1273

[29]Nov 21, 2006
    yay! my season two dvds are here! guess what i am going to be watching all night!

mogirl98

[30]Nov 22, 2006
    How did you get them so quickly?   I ordered mine from Amazon in October ---

kayte1273

[31]Nov 22, 2006

mogirl98 wrote:
    How did you get them so quickly?   I ordered mine from Amazon in October ---

these are from amazon.co.uk 

it's not set to release in the US till dec 12.

bobbyfan80

[32]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 6

ilyahna wrote:
    If you haven't seen the video on Jenncho's site www.jennchoproductions.com I think, that is of R Kelley's song "Trapped in the Closet," you must go there and find it and watch it. It features the eyepatch and is probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

wahahaha...i watched that a billion times after you pointed it out to me, made my aunt watch it, and make eyepatch comments frequently, then laugh, "wahahaha..." 

you know you're obsessed when...

...you hear various songs on the radio and think of how well that would go with certain scenes of CI and Bobby's quirks

...you tell your mother that, "no, i'm sorry, i can't come to that party, it's on sunday night, and i watch the episodes of CI on Bravo on sundays, and i'm sorry i can't miss my Bobby," and your mother says, "does Bobby ever make time for you?" and you think that's a perfectly normal question and answer, "yes," instantaneously, because you think, "well, yes he makes time for me on sundays and tuesdays and any day he's on USA"

...you read all of these and not only laugh hysterically, but think, "yes, I do that, too," feel guilty for about 3 seconds, then think, "yes, I have finally found people just like me!" 

love you all... 

samsmum

[33]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    When you tell your parents not to visit that day because you just know they will talk all the way through the show.

alma1976

[34]Nov 30, 2006

When you begin every e-mail by : "He said back off to Eames!!!!!"

When you want to move in USA just to see Goren every tueday (and marathon on sunday, etc..) And for me, I assure you, it would be a huge sacrifice!!!!!!!!!!

alma1976

[35]Nov 30, 2006

kayte1273 wrote:

Well I do the same for other series and it doesn't mean I'm addicted, does it?!... Just a little impatient! Really!

kayte1273

[36]Nov 30, 2006

ilyahna wrote:

Oh that was great! have you seen the 'Goren Lean' one that Jenncho did? It was hilarious!

UncleKyle01

[37]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 14
    I swear that I am not going to watch the four o'clock episode of CI and do my work on the computer but I sit in my chair in front of my computer and watch the T.V.
    Edited on 12/01/2006 3:08pm

bobbyfan80

[38]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 6

UncleKyle01 wrote:
    I swear that I am not going to watch the four o'clock episode of CI and do my work on the computer but I sit in my chair in front of my computer and watch the T.V.

Yes!  Even when I know which episode it is in the first few seconds, even when I've seen it a hundred times, even when I'm arguing internally with myself (things to do, papers to grade), I'm still glued the tv, hoping there's another episode on afterwards...

kayte1273

[39]Dec 2, 2006

you know you are obsessed when:

1). you buy yourself an iPod Video so you can watch L&O:CI episodes absolutely ANYWHERE ANYTIME!

2). you name said iPod "Obsessions on the Go"

3). the only things you have loaded are L&O:CI eps and music that reminds you of L&O:CI

4). your cell ringtome is a soundclip of Bobby Goren going ' woof woof woof' (from the Ep Crazy) and half the time you don't answer the phone because you like listening to the ring. (if it's important, they'll call back).

5). your best friend KNOWS about the ringtone and calls your phone just so you CAN listen to the ringtone. (now that's what I call a best friend!)

AmazinglyTee

[40]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 5

when you sister has threatened to cut you off completely from CI and you replied with a threat to her life...and when that didnt work you started to cry and beg her not to delete your favorite episodes from the DVR

when you are growing you hair out so you can cut it like eames

i didnt realize i was obsessed until my family pointed out that its all i talk about and watch and record on my DVR