Game Thread #2: You know you're obsessed wIth CI when...

How Often Are You Glued To The TV For One Episode or Another?

mariska143

[41]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 16
    When you cut your hair three times, each time to look like Eames.

When you almost die laughing (the only time you laughed in this episode) because the boots Eames is wearing are almost identical to a pair you have... and you bought them before you saw the preview. (A subconcious desire to be Eames...)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bubbletheory

[42]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    Hah, I'm guilty of having an Eames-like haircut too and yes, it must be a subconscious thing because I didn't get it cut with that intention .

When you watch episodes of CI while exercising on an indoor bike/treadmill/etc...what can I say, it makes the time go so much faster than just listening to music!

bobbyfan80

[43]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    When you think long and hard about where your family Christmas is going to be, at what time, and what stores nearby are open on Christmas, because if you don't get the DVD sets you wanted, you are driving out immediately after opening presents to buy them... 

samsmum

[44]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 2
    Ok, you guys will probably think this is really pathetic but here goes! Where I live in Australia we are having one of the worst bushfires ever. While my house is a reasonably safe distance from the actual fires (depending on winds) the smoke is absolutely overpowering and I am going to stay with my parents for a few days. Here is the pathetic part...... I was sitting thinking about what I need to take:-
    1. My Kids
    2. My dogs
    3. You guessed it..... my CI DVDS

I am sitting here almost choking from the smoke but I cant leave yet (have to wait for the kids to get home from school) and there is a CI episode about to start on Pay TV.

Reading back over this post even I think I am pathetic, but at least I thought of my kids first. Will be here for another couple of hours and would love to hear your thoughts on this as I wont be on line for a few days.
    Also my parents don't have paytv so I wont get my daily dose of Goren... Ohhh this is bad....
    Cough Cough Cough.........

ilyahna

[45]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    Lol. You aren't pathetic unless we all are !

You can get your daily Goren dose from the DVD's though. There's always something to notice that you didn't see before when you rewatch them.

samsmum

[46]Dec 12, 2006
    thanks Ilyahna, I was just thinking I might have to stay awake very late into the night as I will have to share the TV/DVD with my kids and parents and while I know I am obsessed they dont know the full extent of my obsession yet, oh dear

bobbyfan80

[47]Dec 12, 2006

tis the season...to share your obsession of CI!  LOL 

just think of it as a chance for them to get to know the real you...

samsmum

[48]Dec 12, 2006
    I might have to curb my obsessive compulsion for the next few days, I don't mind you guys knowing that I'm nuts because you are out there in cyber space, but I have to live with these people. They already think I'm strange because I refuse to speak to them if CI is on and actually told by husband to 'shut up' when he once said 'I've seen this episode' and then (this is grounds for divorce) 'I dont like that big guy'. AHHHHHHHHH

bobbyfan80

[49]Dec 12, 2006

samsmum wrote:
    I might have to curb my obsessive compulsion for the next few days, I don't mind you guys knowing that I'm nuts because you are out there in cyber space, but I have to live with these people. They already think I'm strange because I refuse to speak to them if CI is on and actually told by husband to 'shut up' when he once said 'I've seen this episode' and then (this is grounds for divorce) 'I dont like that big guy'. AHHHHHHHHH

I have heard that enough from my family...my brother can't understand why I would want to watch an episode of CI after I've seen it about 20 times...this from a guy who can quote every episode of Spongebob Squarepants...

I have heard "I've seen this episode" and "I don't like that big/weird guy" enough here, too...

Thank goodness for all of you! 

mariska143

[50]Dec 12, 2006
    My coach told me she didn't like "The big guy." I ran away and avoided her all of practice.

ilyahna

[51]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    I'm lucky as far as the alternative household thing goes. My parents both loooove CI now that I got them watching it. Mom calls me to chat about episodes about twice a week. Dad thinks Goren is great.

bobbyfan80

[52]Dec 12, 2006

i'm lucky enough that my aunt loves it, too...

but even she gives me the eye when i get a little too carried away, whispering, "she's a little too obsessed with Bobby..." 

to which i say, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" 

samsmum

[53]Dec 12, 2006
    Love everyones comments - I will miss it over the next few days. I have packed by DVD's (oh.. and my kids) Wish me luck, hope my house is still standing when I return. Latest news report is the wind has shifted away from us.... hope it stays that way.

bobbyfan80

[54]Dec 12, 2006

us, too...

we'll miss you!

mogirl98

[55]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 1

Your boss asks your coworker what she should get you for Christmas -- and your coworker says, VDO --

(ROFLMAO) -----

mogirl98

[56]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 1

Your boss asks your coworker what she should get you for Christmas -- and your coworker says, VDO --

(ROFLMAO) -----

bobbyfan80

[57]Dec 13, 2006
    mogirl98 wrote:

(ROFLMAO) -----

that's so funny, because we told my little 2 year old cousin that I "asked for Bobby" for Christmas...

LOL

Libra1010

[58]Dec 19, 2006

When you can tell which year the episode was made by Eames's hair, Goren's five-o'clock shadow, and watching Goren and Eames speak for 5 seconds.

When you search frantically for in the wee small hours because you missed it, and cancel plans with your friends to watch it. (Hey, they'll wait.)

When you name Goren's various mental phases-- "Shut off"(06) "Haunted"(02/03) "Reclusive" (The whole Bishop deal.)

Hey, what epi does he call her alex? I def missed that one.

mariska143

[59]Dec 19, 2006
    Baggage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see my blog. LOL

bobbyfan80

[60]Jan 5, 2007

you know you're obsessed when you're angry at your entire family because none of them got you CI on DVD for Christmas...when you spent the entire holiday eyeing wrapped gifts, looking for DVD-size packages and mysterious boxes that could be holding a CI DVD set, even hinting daily that you wanted nothing else but Bobby...

so much so that you immediately use a gift certificate to buy one, complaining to your family the whole time...

so much so that you guilt-trip your mother into buying another one for you for your birthday, which is, luckily, shortly after Christmas...

is that bad?  lol