Game Thread #2: You know you're obsessed wIth CI when...

How Often Are You Glued To The TV For One Episode or Another?

Beecharm3r7

[61]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    bobbyfan80 wrote:

you know you're obsessed when you're angry at your entire family because none of them got you CI on DVD for Christmas...when you spent the entire holiday eyeing wrapped gifts, looking for DVD-size packages and mysterious boxes that could be holding a CI DVD set, even hinting daily that you wanted nothing else but Bobby...

so much so that you immediately use a gift certificate to buy one, complaining to your family the whole time...

so much so that you guilt-trip your mother into buying another one for you for your birthday, which is, luckily, shortly after Christmas...

is that bad?  lol   

Omg I sooo did this.  I had a bunch of things on my list that I didn't 'need' but then I had a all the CI dvd's on there and kept talking about them all the way up til Christmas...then I didn't get any.  I got some great, (some) pricy gifts that i love but no dvd's...and still i felt cheated! so i took the xmas money i got and bought one of the seasons for 80% off on boxing day.  Now I'm happy! 

Is it greed? or just plain obsession?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AmazinglyTee

[62]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 5

i worked for my grandma and then spent all the money i earned on the dvd sets..i got seasons 1 & 2 and then i found season 3 so of course i HAD to buy it...needless to say i'm broke and my grandma won't give me any more money...she actually told me she thought i just wasted the money i worked for...but me being me, i haven't stopped watching it...money definately NOT wasted...

k i'm done rambling now

bobbyfan80

[63]Jan 8, 2007
    Beecharm3r7 wrote:

Omg I sooo did this.  I had a bunch of things on my list that I didn't 'need' but then I had a all the CI dvd's on there and kept talking about them all the way up til Christmas...then I didn't get any.  I got some great, (some) pricy gifts that i love but no dvd's...and still i felt cheated! so i took the xmas money i got and bought one of the seasons for 80% off on boxing day.  Now I'm happy! 

Is it greed? or just plain obsession?

LOL...obsession...and if you are obsessed, so am i...

as i've said before, this is not a bad thing...

bobbyfan80

[64]Jan 8, 2007
    AmazinglyTee wrote:

i worked for my grandma and then spent all the money i earned on the dvd sets..i got seasons 1 & 2 and then i found season 3 so of course i HAD to buy it...needless to say i'm broke and my grandma won't give me any more money...she actually told me she thought i just wasted the money i worked for...but me being me, i haven't stopped watching it...money definately NOT wasted...

k i'm done rambling now

money spent on CI is NEVER money wasted...LOL

ilyahna

[65]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 8

You know you're obsessed with Criminal Intent when you go into the back room of the restaurant where you work and, always abreast of what channel and at what time a CI is on, turn the T.V. onto the marathon merely so between taking orders and running food you can cruise through the back and look at Vincent.

It's also rather telling when you can see exactly 1.3 seconds of the episode and identify it by both name, and season. Hehe.

bobbyfan80

[66]Jan 8, 2007
    ilyahna wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Criminal Intent when you go into the back room of the restaurant where you work and, always abreast of what channel and at what time a CI is on, turn the T.V. onto the marathon merely so between taking orders and running food you can cruise through the back and look at Vincent.

It's also rather telling when you can see exactly 1.3 seconds of the episode and identify it by both name, and season. Hehe.

I can do that, and it makes my aunt look at me in great fear...when I ask her what's wrong, she tells me, "I think it's pretty scary that you know show title and season in that little time...I think you're obsessed..." 

LOL

bobbyfan80

[67]Jan 8, 2007
    I think it also freaks her out that I can quote them, too...

Beecharm3r7

[68]Jan 8, 2007
    I can do that too...though I can usually do that with any show i watch. Even eps i've only seen once...it's a gift. My friends look at me like i lost my mind...which they also do when i can see a brand new trailer for a movie and figure out by the 30 seconds just what the plot is and what'll happen (oddly enough i can't do this with CI must be great writing)...too bad there's no money in this little gift.

bubbletheory

[69]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    ...when although the real logistical reason to move an evening lab session is to avoid multiple exam conflicts, a deeper motivation is so it doesn't conflict with CI (yes, my school is still stuck in the stone age - we can't choose the sections and have to go through the registrar if we want to switch).

Oh, and when you skip this lab betting on the fact that you'll get in to the other section so you won't miss a new episode (which I did last night...and it worked out ).

Beecharm3r7, that's awesome - and you never know, there might be a job in that yet!

ilyahna

[70]Jan 10, 2007
    ...when you literally have to stop yourself in mixed company and unrelated situations from saying things like "You know I just watched a CI on this the other day," or "Your brother has lymphoma? You know Goren's mom has that," or you'll be standing about and burst into inappropriate laughter because you're thinking of something funny Bobby did and everyone looks at you like you're a whack job. Which...maybe you are?

mariska143

[71]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 16
    When your friends think you're really smart cause you slip in tidbits of information at lunch conversations, but only YOU really know that you only know this stuff because Goren said it.

bobbyfan80

[72]Jan 11, 2007

when your aunt finally tells you that she's frightened of you and your obsessiveness with CI, and when you try to explain, she just gets that look in her eye and says, "um, yes, ok," backing carefully away from you, and you think, "Bobby would understand..." 

mariska143

[73]Jan 11, 2007
    When you finally admit to some of your friends that the only reason you know all this useless information is because you watch too much tv.

And when you have my signature.

fdl_1970

[74]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 3
    omg, you all are great!
    A week or so ago I was introduced to this amazing show and I was instantly hooked and instantly obsessed with g/e. When I found this site and read the posts I was stunned and pleased to find there were others just like me. Thanks for putting ito words my own secret obsessions and thoughts (guess it's not quite a secret anymore). As a CI "virgin" I suspect some of you might be envious of my watching so many of the eps (thank you USA Network and Bravo) for the first time. I know that in a matter of weeks (I've ordered the dvds) it will no longer be this way.
    Thank you for your insights and for being part of a support group for Goren addiction!

ilyahna

[75]Jan 11, 2007
    Good!! You've made it to the first step: 1. Admitting you have a problem. Although..just so you know? We don't try to get better here. Hehehe.

bobbyfan80

[76]Jan 12, 2007

ilyahna wrote:
    Good!! You've made it to the first step: 1. Admitting you have a problem. Although..just so you know? We don't try to get better here. Hehehe.

wahahahaha...LOL...i will keep saying this: "Someone wise told me that admitting you're obsessed is an act of sanity in itself..." 

*giggles*

Edited on 01/12/2007 1:47am

bobbyfan80

[77]Jan 12, 2007
    But how fun would a CI Anonymous group be?  we'd never be recovering CI addicts; we'd spend the whole day swapping CI quotes and favorite moments...

mariska143

[78]Jan 12, 2007
    And then.. It would be called the CIA.

AWESOME.

bobbyfan80

[79]Jan 12, 2007

mariska143 wrote:
    And then.. It would be called the CIA. AWESOME.

LOL...you are brilliant...

bobbyfan80

[80]Jan 12, 2007

you know you're obsessed when you order season 1 on dvd at amazon and have it sent to your mom so she can give it to you for your birthday...

...and then you call her daily with tracking updates on it...

...then call her to make sure it has arrived and is in her hands...

LOL...hi my name is bobbyfan80, and i'm addicted to CI...