Game Thread #2: You know you're obsessed wIth CI when...

How Often Are You Glued To The TV For One Episode or Another?

AmazinglyTee

[161]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 5
    jalex7802 wrote:
    I'm new here, and I have to say you guys are hilarious!  Will you all be my friend?  I can't believe there are people out there that feel the same way I do about this show!  The earlier comment about Law & Order: Moving Violation had me falling off my chair with laughter.  And it made me think, with the way I (and most of you) feel about Vincent D'Onofio, the next installment should be a Law & Order: CS (Celebrity Stalker!)  I know I would watch it!

i'll be your friend!! Law and Order:CS thats hysterical. i laughd really hard, really really hard. i know how you feel about finding other obsessed people. i had the same reaction when i found this site.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fdl_1970

[162]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    so obsessed that you leave work early (closing your shop!) to make it home in time to see an episode you thought you had never seen only to discover you had seen it AND that it will be replayed the next night (oh, I fear for myself... clearly a CIS -- Criminal Intent Stalker). Glad I'm not alone!

seisei16

[163]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 1

you know your obessed when you hack into your teacher's laptop while you are TAing for him and come to this site just to see what everyone is talking about and because you can't go six hours without reading, looking or thinking about Vincent.

Also, you avoid doing your HUGE english project which is due the next day (and you haven't even started on it yet) and decide it is more important to watch Blind Spot because you had never seen it and you would rather watch Vincent than pass high school.

ilyahna

[164]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    HAHAH. Now that's an addiction. Good job. ;D

AmazinglyTee

[165]Feb 15, 2007
    seisei16 wrote:

you know your obessed when you hack into your teacher's laptop while you are TAing for him and come to this site just to see what everyone is talking about and because you can't go six hours without reading, looking or thinking about Vincent.

Also, you avoid doing your HUGE english project which is due the next day (and you haven't even started on it yet) and decide it is more important to watch Blind Spot because you had never seen it and you would rather watch Vincent than pass high school.

ahhh i do that except i end up staying up really late trying to finish it...or i watch the episode and work on my homework on a commercial. it also helps to have dvr so i can pause the episode when it comes back on if i'm not done with my sentence or what-not...i made my step-dad really mad because i almost didn't finish a chemistry project worth like 200 points. luckily i drank lots of coffee and stayed up really late. And my teacher wants to keep it for an example for next year, so i guess i did good. CI inspires me

seisei16

[166]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    Oh, I did stay up finishing it... until 3 o'clock.  It was great fun since I ended up watching my CI dvds while I did my project.  It looked really good at the end and it looked the best out of my class so maybe CI inspires me as well!  And believe me it was not easy trying to do a project on The Great Gatsby at 3 in the morning with Blind Spot thoughts still so fresh in my mind!  My dad came in about 2 o'clock and threw a fit that I hadn't finished yet and that I had CI while I was working- he seems to think I can't multitask?? And it didn't help that the music had woken him up... 

AmazinglyTee

[167]Feb 15, 2007
    yea i had to do a project on the electronegativity and the atomic radii of atoms, so focusing on that was hard enough already then add Bobby to it and holy cow. needless to say i screwed up on my posterboard more then once, think that i went through a whole bottle of white out. and dave (my step-dad)thought it was rediculous that i could sit there for 5 hours and watch the same show. obviously he doesn't watch CI. i'm glad that you finished your project though and it came out great.

elphiefae

[168]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    You know you're obsessed with CI when you are no longer able to say the phrase "you're under arrest for murder" without saying it like Eames does--"You're under arrest. For murder." XD

elphiefae

[169]Feb 16, 2007
    Okay, I hope you all don't mind me posting twice in a succession, but after reading the entirety of this board (and laughing hysterically), I've got some more to add.
    -When you watch and talk about CI so much that your ten year old brother gets sucked in to the world of CI, too. (Said little brother has an enormous crush on Eames. It's hilarious.)
    -When you and same little brother have CI inside jokes that leave the rest of the family clueless. (For instance, the other day, I was sitting down and my brother arbitrarily leaned over in my face, tilted his head, and put on a perfect Goren interrogation expression and said "Okay,  who am I?" and I shouted "GOREN!" and we both burst out laughing for five minutes straight, much to my mother's confusion.)
    -When your family complains that the two of you watching a rerun of "Blind Spot" is louder than middle-aged men watching the Superbowl. (We spend the whole escape scene shouting "GO EAMES GO! YOU CAN MAKE IT! COME ON, YOU'RE ALMOST OUT! RUN RUN RUN!")
    -When you have impressed your English teacher by pulling one of Eames' Latin phrases in forbidden>

elphiefae

[170]Feb 16, 2007
    Hey, it killed half of my message. That wasn't very nice. Oh well, there wasn't much left of it. Just that I used "in vino veritas" in class and impressed my English teacher. Oh, and that the other day I watched a Season Three rerun on Bravo and forgot to tell my brother it was on, and he gave me the silent treatment for three hours. (It was one we had both already seen, too.)

ilyahna

[171]Feb 16, 2007
    You wanna know some really fun trivia on the Eames Latin phrase that you can embarrass yourself with next time? Hehehe... in Latin, there is no "V" sound...instead, all "v's" are pronounced like "w's." So.. the phrase would (and Eames didn't say it right, NOR did smarty-pants Goren correct her) be said thusly: "In weeno weritas." Buahahah.

elphiefae

[172]Feb 17, 2007
    ilyahna wrote:
    You wanna know some really fun trivia on the Eames Latin phrase that you can embarrass yourself with next time? Hehehe... in Latin, there is no "V" sound...instead, all "v's" are pronounced like "w's." So.. the phrase would (and Eames didn't say it right, NOR did smarty-pants Goren correct her) be said thusly: "In weeno weritas." Buahahah.

Oh...my. That doesn't sound too good at all.

Definitely will not be using that in school anymore. The kids in English can turn any arbitrary thing into a dirty joke--they'd have a field day with that. But really, do you think Eames could have kept a straight face if she had pronounced it correctly in the interrogation room? I just tried it out loud, and it does sound pretty absurd.
    Edited on 02/17/2007 12:57pm

mariska143

[173]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 16
    When, every time you brush your teeth, you think about how people brush more vigorously on the opposite side of their dominant hand.

ilyahna

[174]Feb 18, 2007
    GUILTY! Lol!

scubagurl

[175]Feb 20, 2007

lol i do that too.

hey what ep is Eames' latin phrase from?

AmazinglyTee

[176]Feb 20, 2007
    when you learn the french words for tall and short and draw little pictures of Bobby and Alex for your examples. My teacher told me my drawings were cute lol

ilyahna

[177]Feb 20, 2007
    scubagurl wrote:

lol i do that too.

hey what ep is Eames' latin phrase from?

cruise to nowhere, i'm pretty sure.

ilyahna

[178]Feb 20, 2007
    actually, i think it's vacancy.

ilyahna

[179]Feb 20, 2007
    You know you're obsessed with CI when: you set your tv to autotune to the Tuesday night showing of "Brother's Keeper" on Saturday night.

ilyahna

[180]Feb 20, 2007
    You know you're obsessed with CI when: You spend much of your waking hours at home and emotional energy working on a CI story...I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I think I've paid my devoted dues here. I just posted the first chapter of my CI *novel* on fanfiction.net, and I know a number of you have expressed a desire to read it (and some of you have already). It's called "The Garden of Vice," and it's under this same screen name (ilyahna). I would treasure anyone's comments, but please post them on my profile, on the page, or in PM. I PROMISE not to say anything else about it on here, K.D. ;]