General Discussion -- Any Episode.

OuroborosSnyder

[1]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 25

So, thought I'd create a topic for a general discussion of all episodes. I've always wanted to have one of these. Everytime I watch an episode from an earlier season and want to talk about it...theres no place for it. Until now. So here it is. LOL
    If you have questions, there's still a topic for general questions above. This is more for just a basic discussion or opinion of an episode that you like...or may dislike.

Talks amongst yourselves.

~Snyder~

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

layle1

[2]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 72
    We're going to try this out, see if it's popular. My preference is that you continue to discuss the current season's episodes in their designated threads, but old episodes, comparisons between seasons, episodes, etc., that's all fair game. You all are a great and thoughtful group; hopefully there will be some equally great discussions here .

OuroborosSnyder

[3]Aug 20, 2008

Ok, so I would ask who likes this episode..."Anti-Thesis," but why bother?! It's an amazing episode.

Ok, so the part I love is when Alex and Bobby go undercover. Its not really because they're pretending to be husband and wife, but OMG, the way Bobby does it. I was laughing the whole time...especially in the end. He played the part so well, almost scary. His voiced changed into a more...girlie kind of (sorry) gay man, and it was perfect. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?! And then, the line at the end when he turned to Alex and is like, "Your cousin is a very bad boy." Oh gosh...I'm still laughing!

~Snyder~

XFilesLvr527

[4]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    Speaking of Anti-Thesis...

Happy birthday Goren. =D
    Not Vincent...Goren.

OuroborosSnyder

[5]Aug 21, 2008

XFilesLvr527 wrote:
    Speaking of Anti-Thesis... Happy birthday Goren. =D Not Vincent...Goren.

Holy hell. Good call with that. I was totally spacing. Yeah...8/20/61 Ha Ha.

Are you a Nicole fan?

~Snyder~

kballard114

[6]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 1
    I am totally a Nicole fan.. My 17 yro loves her and the show. I am glad she comming back for the series finale. IF anyone can push Goren over the edge it is her.

XFilesLvr527

[7]Aug 21, 2008
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

XFilesLvr527 wrote:
    Speaking of Anti-Thesis... Happy birthday Goren. =D Not Vincent...Goren.

Holy hell. Good call with that. I was totally spacing. Yeah...8/20/61 Ha Ha.

Are you a Nicole fan?

~Snyder~

Heavens no. I just think that she's a good challenge for Goren. Every once and a while, he needs it, I think.

OuroborosSnyder

[8]Aug 22, 2008

kballard114 wrote:
    I am totally a Nicole fan.. My 17 yro loves her and the show. I am glad she comming back for the series finale. IF anyone can push Goren over the edge it is her.

Oh gosh, I know. And THAT alone scares the hell out of me!!! Poor guy!

So, how many episodes has she been in (not counting the season finale). Only 2 in the 1st season and then 1 in...*insert season here*

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[9]Aug 22, 2008

XFilesLvr527 wrote:
    Heavens no. I just think that she's a good challenge for Goren. Every once and a while, he needs it, I think.

She's an amazing actress though and adds so much to the show. She gets under Gorens skin...and it kills me to watch it.

~Snyder~

mariska143

[10]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

kballard114 wrote:

Oh gosh, I know. And THAT alone scares the hell out of me!!! Poor guy!

So, how many episodes has she been in (not counting the season finale). Only 2 in the 1st season and then 1 in...*insert season here*

~Snyder~

She wasn't in the first season- her first episode was Anti-Thesis, Season 2. Then A Person of Interest, Season 2 (IMO, the episode that broke Bobby and was the turning point for his character into what he is now ). She is mentioned in Pas de Deux, Season 3, but never seen in Season 3. She then returns in The Great Barrier, Season 4. Her next episode is Grow, the Season 5 opener. She is heavily mentioned but technically never seen in Slither, Season 5. She was also mentioned fleetingly in Renewal, the L/W season 6 finale. Since then she has been AWOL (because in her last physical appearance she pretty much.... was bye bye at that point). Vincent stated that her character is tired and believes she is done... although apparently since the strike the writers have disagreed I was very sad to see that she will be back. So, to answer your question, technically four, with mentions in 3 others.

XFilesLvr527

[11]Aug 22, 2008
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

XFilesLvr527 wrote:

She's an amazing actress though and adds so much to the show. She gets under Gorens skin...and it kills me to watch it.

~Snyder~

I agree. I just don't understand how they could...WHATS THE WORD!?....Uhh...Completely...destroy...in a way...his character. You know?

OuroborosSnyder

[12]Aug 23, 2008
    XFilesLvr527 wrote:
    OuroborosSnyder wrote:

XFilesLvr527 wrote:

~Snyder~

I agree. I just don't understand how they could...WHATS THE WORD!?....Uhh...Completely...destroy...in a way...his character. You know?

That's what I love about him...is who he is...screwed up or not. The poor mans been through so much. Like in "A Person of Interest"...towards the end when he walks into like a hallway interrogation room and says to Alex, "She got me. She got me good." It just breaks my heart.

~Snyder~

Edited on 08/22/2008 11:13pm

OuroborosSnyder

[13]Aug 23, 2008

mariska143 wrote:
    She wasn't in the first season- her first episode was Anti-Thesis, Season 2. Then A Person of Interest, Season 2 (IMO, the episode that broke Bobby and was the turning point for his character into what he is now ). She is mentioned in Pas de Deux, Season 3, but never seen in Season 3. She then returns in The Great Barrier, Season 4. Her next episode is Grow, the Season 5 opener. She is heavily mentioned but technically never seen in Slither, Season 5. She was also mentioned fleetingly in Renewal, the L/W season 6 finale. Since then she has been AWOL (because in her last physical appearance she pretty much.... was bye bye at that point). Vincent stated that her character is tired and believes she is done... although apparently since the strike the writers have disagreed I was very sad to see that she will be back. So, to answer your question, technically four, with mentions in 3 others.

Aww, ****. My bad. *Bangs head against wall* Yes, season 2. How could I screw up on that...especially the finale of season 2 *Wipes sweat off face* Its so touching.

As far as "breaking" Bobby, yeah, I'd have to agree...that has some to do with it...but there are so many things that break him that...aww, I just want to hug him!!!

As far as Pas de Deux...gosh, I've heard a lot about that episode, but I have yet to see it =/

~Snyder~

Edited on 08/23/2008 12:03am

nwchimom

[14]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    Pas de Deux is one of my faves...from "let's wait for the bomb squad" to trying to spot the perps at the dance studio (where Bobby grabs Eames' wrist to ask her to dance just as another guy swoops in), from the interrogation room "dance" to Eames' gotcha moment.

OuroborosSnyder

[15]Aug 29, 2008

nwchimom wrote:
    Pas de Deux is one of my faves...from "let's wait for the bomb squad" to trying to spot the perps at the dance studio (where Bobby grabs Eames' wrist to ask her to dance just as another guy swoops in), from the interrogation room "dance" to Eames' gotcha moment.

Grr! Everyones been talking about this episode. I hear its awesome! I have season 3, but haven't seen that episode yet. I'll more than likely watch it this weekend...and then I can talk about it =)

I'm sure you'll definitely hear from me when I get out of the damn Goren and Bishop episodes. Grr!

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[16]Sep 12, 2008

Once again, Layle, I love you! LOL

So...I checked iTunes and they FINALLY added the L&Os back to it! Yay! For LOCI, there's only season 1, 5, 6 and 7...but that works for me!!!

So...I just bought some of the juicy episodes...right in time for me to go on vacation in about 6 hours! Yay! So, I'm downloading: "ITWSH pt 1 & 2, "Blind Spot," "Siren Call," "The War At Home," "Brothers Keeper," and "End Game." Those are the ones that stuck out. I've heard sooooo much about them. I can't wait! Any other good ones, like really good ones I should know about in those seasons. I own season 1 so no worries there...and saw most of season 7.

Anyways, not sure if I'll get your responses before I leave or not, but thanks in advance! I'm so excited now. This made my day...week...hell, year!

~Snyder~

nwchimom

[17]Sep 12, 2008

If you want to see Nicole's last official appearance before she resurfaced this season, you could get season 5's Grow...but I DO NOT recommend it! Really, it was pretty bad...but it sets up why Nicole wants revenge on Goren. She also all but admits some of the things Goren profiled about her. Only get it if you don't mind blowing another $2.

I know you're focused on Goren/Eames, but I highly recommend To the Bone from season 5. It's the episode where Logan faces off with Chesley Watkins (Whoopi Goldberg). Absolutely one of the best of the series.

From season 6 you might want to get Silencer. Eames dates the police sign language interpreter, and we get to see Goren make sad puppy eyes at her empty desk...again.

blackmage8472

[18]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 15

nwchimom wrote:
    From season 6 you might want to get Silencer. Eames dates the police sign language interpreter, and we get to see Goren make sad puppy eyes at her empty desk...again.

I never got the impression she was dating him, just he was working with them. The sad puppy dogs eyes part though I thought was very defining, kinda instilled the idea that Goren really needs Eames to keep him down to Earth.

Other than that, top episodes have to be Badge from season 1 (you see why Goren excelled at undercover work, great scene of hm acting like jerk), Anti-Thesis and Person of Interest from season 2 (the first battles with Wallace, the best of Wallace), FPS from season 3 (No Eames, becomes clear that Goren desperately misses Eames), My Good Name from season 4 (Sets up Deakins downfall and shows his mettle), Slither (Overall an amusing episode) and To the Bone (Logan's best and worst moments) in season 5, War at Home and Endgame (shows Goren begining to snap) in season 6.

nwchimom

[19]Sep 12, 2008
    blackmage8472 wrote:

nwchimom wrote:

I never got the impression she was dating him, just he was working with them. The sad puppy dogs eyes part though I thought was very defining, kinda instilled the idea that Goren really needs Eames to keep him down to Earth.

I think they definitely intended for us to think there was something between Eames and what's his name...Peter? From Ross' comments to Eames in the cafeteria ("He seems...nice.")...Eames and Peter walking into the bullpen together after Goren sadly stared at her desk...the scene at the skating rink with Goren and Peter marking their territory, and Goren wanting Eames to intercede ("I'm not getting in the middle of this.")

OuroborosSnyder

[20]Sep 12, 2008
    blackmage8472 wrote:

nwchimom wrote:

Other than that, top episodes have to be Badge from season 1 (you see why Goren excelled at undercover work, great scene of hm acting like jerk), Anti-Thesis and Person of Interest from season 2 (the first battles with Wallace, the best of Wallace), FPS from season 3 (No Eames, becomes clear that Goren desperately misses Eames), My Good Name from season 4 (Sets up Deakins downfall and shows his mettle), Slither (Overall an amusing episode) and To the Bone (Logan's best and worst moments) in season 5, War at Home and Endgame (shows Goren begining to snap) in season 6.

Ahh, is Silencer the one where he crumples up a piece of paper and throws it at her desk. I remember them sitting in the bleachers or something and talking, and then she walks off. Ahh, that part broke my heart...and I haven't even really seen the episode yet either! That puppy dog eyed look gets me every time.

Badge IS one of my favorite episodes. I own season 1, 2 and 3...and Badge is way up there at the top. Especially the smoking scene by the school. He was such an a**. Just, wow! Great job with that whole episode. Now, what's Slither all about?

nwchimom...me, a Goren/Eames fan? Where'd you ever get that idea *Smirks* =) Damn, I guess that episodes I got gave it away =)

As far as Grow *Curses under breath* Nicole kills me...and I can honestly say I'm not sad to see her go. Its funny you mention Grow, thats my Wallpaper on my lap top. =) Thanks for the input. I'm glad I know that Silencer is one of those episodes I need to see as well. I was wondering what episode it was.

Thanks guys.

~Snyder~