General Discussion -- Any Episode.

dixieh

[41]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    Can someone explain the plot of Chinoiserie to me? I understand that Liam pulled the trigger because the victim identified the guy(dishwasher) coming out of the doorway and his client the collector didn't want anyone to threaten her ability to collect. However I still do not get, having seen it at least twice, what the art dealer and the dishwasher and the actor had to do with the plot. Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[42]May 8, 2009
    • level: 15

dixieh wrote:
    Can someone explain the plot of Chinoiserie to me? I understand that Liam pulled the trigger because the victim identified the guy(dishwasher) coming out of the doorway and his client the collector didn't want anyone to threaten her ability to collect. However I still do not get, having seen it at least twice, what the art dealer and the dishwasher and the actor had to do with the plot. Thanks!

Yeah, that was one of the convoluted stories, so let me break it down somewhat chronologically:

The old woman (forget her name) had an obsession with Chinese art and secretly didn't care if the art was smuggled out of China, which means she knows the art dealer is a crook. The art dealer and the dishwahser (posing as a wealthy businesman) smuggle a piece of art out of China but think the only way they can sell it to the old woman is to make her believe it's legitimate. This is where the actor comes in. The story that the art dealer andth dishwasher come up with is the actor is from a very old and wealthy Brittish family who is willing to sell the art through the art dealer. Point being he'll show up, present the art himself to convince the woman that he really is from old Brittish money. But the art dealer and the dishwasher don't know that the woman doesn't care that the art being smuggle or that she's hired Liam: a sort of shaddy private detective/enforcer to pull the wool over the eyes of the art dealer and the dishwasher. The funny thing is if she hadn't mentioned to Goren that the guy posing as the wealthy Chinese business man, he never would have put 2 and 2 together.

Anyway, while Liam is watching the art dealer and the dishwasher, he sees the Chinese woman screaming at the dishwasher and tells the old woman that they may have a problem. The old woman, not wanting to risk losing her obsession, tells Liam to shoot. Basically, the art dealer and dishwasher are part of the plot because it's their initial crime of art smuggling that leads to the death of the Chinese woman.

Convoluted.

Edited on 05/08/2009 10:09am

dixieh

[43]May 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    So the woman was really pulling all the strings - Liam's as well as the art dealer/dishwasher/actor - thanks for helping me get it straight.

chowkid56

[44]Aug 20, 2009
    • level: 1

In the Reunion Episode, what was the name of the song that Geordi Black sang and who actually did the singing?

actress51864

[45]Aug 24, 2009
    I'm not feeling any chemisty with Jeff Goldblum and the REDHEAD. He tries to act eccentric like "Goren". Jeff is better with comedy ie: Cats and Dogs. The newer episodes don't flow as well and are not as believable. Getting rid of Chris Noth was a HUGH MISTAKE!!!, they need to rethink that move. No matter who he was paired with,he made it work..one RED HEAD after another and another.. what's with that? I would love to work on that show but have the wrong hair color. The medical examiner with her "sigh" every time before she speaks makes me think she is tired of doing that job. It seems like she's saying..o.k...what now...it's annoying. The ratings have changed, I think Jeff is the reason. Katherine and Vincent have it right. Their acting is great and they are as smooth as silk. Although I'm a long time fan of CI, I watch more when they are on.

OuroborosSnyder

[46]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 25

actress51864 wrote:
    I'm not feeling any chemisty with Jeff Goldblum and the REDHEAD. He tries to act eccentric like "Goren". Jeff is better with comedy ie: Cats and Dogs. The newer episodes don't flow as well and are not as believable. Getting rid of Chris Noth was a HUGH MISTAKE!!!, they need to rethink that move. No matter who he was paired with,he made it work..one RED HEAD after another and another.. what's with that? I would love to work on that show but have the wrong hair color. The medical examiner with her "sigh" every time before she speaks makes me think she is tired of doing that job. It seems like she's saying..o.k...what now...it's annoying. The ratings have changed, I think Jeff is the reason. Katherine and Vincent have it right. Their acting is great and they are as smooth as silk. Although I'm a long time fan of CI, I watch more when they are on.

I agree 100%. I just can't get warmed up to Jeff. He's a great actor and all...but not on this show IMO. He does indeed try and act too much like Goren. I don't like it. Ugh! Drives me nuts. I really only watch the G/E episodes because, well, they're the best. =)

As far as Chris Noth, I heard he left the show; they didn't get rid of him so to speak.

~Snyder~

actress51864

[47]Apr 7, 2010

I love C.I.! I am very sad to see the end of Bobby and Alex. The show will never be the same. I 'm not seeing the Goldbloom character filling in, I think it was a bad choice. He is trying too hard to copy Bobby's quirkiness and it shows. He needs to have made his character his own instead of copying Bobby. I hope the ratings hold up. I guess I'll be in re-run land. I can never get enough so I'll keep watching them, can't say the same for the new Goldbloom episodes.

4maydable

[48]May 15, 2010
    Quite well said, the new team are really not as good in any way as Goren and Eames were,where once the show was fluid now it seems stiff and uncomfortable to watch. Am I the only one to notice how dismal the show is now?

Dewbak75

[49]May 16, 2010
    • level: 18

actress51864 wrote:

I love C.I.! I am very sad to see the end of Bobby and Alex. The show will never be the same. I 'm not seeing the Goldbloom character filling in, I think it was a bad choice. He is trying too hard to copy Bobby's quirkiness and it shows. He needs to have made his character his own instead of copying Bobby. I hope the ratings hold up. I guess I'll be in re-run land. I can never get enough so I'll keep watching them, can't say the same for the new Goldbloom episodes.

Jeff Goldblum's not copying anyone's quirkiness, he's been doing that schtick at least since The Fly. If anything, he's toned it down for this show. I never really liked D'Onofrio's style on this show, I watched the first season then stayed away until Chris Noth returned. I think the biggest problem with Goldblum when he first joined is that Julianne Nicholson wasn't really a good fit for him as a partner, she got overshadowed by him too much. Saffron Burrows does a much better job, and they're writing her that way. Nichols and Stevens are portrayed much more as equals than Nichols and Wheeler were. Unfortunately, they're both overpowering the new captain(dramatically, not plot-wise), hopefully the writers will find a good balance soon.

4maydable

[50]Jun 13, 2010
    The schedule for the rest of this season has changed, episodes have been re-arranged and a twist added, July 4th they will air a two-part show " Inhumane Society" originally supposed to be one hour and aired on June 15th ( replaced by " True Legacy") Last show on schedule July 6th is a repeat of the June 29th episode " Palimpsest" for the schedule go to USA board click on schedule. July 4th is a strange day to air the final first run episode, it's not listed as the season finale, so it's bizarre!